Also what Herb and Mario said from me too.

Prior to having BIAB, I wrote with a guitar usually developing a song that came to mind as I was driving in my car. Most of my original songs still originate from hums, buzzes, whines or other random, repetitive sounds along the highway. Occasionally, I'll hear a phrase or word that will trigger a lyrical idea, but left to my own devices, that rarely happens. I have found it helpful or less distracting to my thoughts on the song I'm writing to simplify the BIAB tracks so I initially select guitars from the campfire Realtracks. Once I've structured my song, I begin to experiment with different styles, instruments and chord changes and variations. I find for me, I am able to retain more of my original melody and song structure doing it that way rather than being influenced and pulled off track by what BIAB generates.

Since I began using BIAB, I have also found Melodist to be a useful tool in a similar way that sounds from the roadway has worked in the past. I guess that is a good way for me to save on gasoline...

Last edited by c_fogle; 05/20/14 08:20 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.