I've been creating bass & drums only backing tracks to work on a Charlie Byrd type jazz trio (classic guitar, bass & drums), and also including a one chorus real track bass solo in each tune. This allows me to focus on comping for a bass soloist. This has worked very well for swing jazz tunes, but when I try it for any bossa the software doesn't seem to generate an actual solo, but just gives the same type of bass rhythm track. There are a very limited number of acoustic bass soloist real tracks, but there are a couple of bossa acoustic bass soloist real tracks. I've tried them with no good result, then actually tried the jazz acoustic bass soloist tracks that have given me satisfactory results with my swing tunes. But even that still gave me a walking bass type rhythm track. Is there some problem with the straight 8ths setting for bossas that somehow cancels out the soloist generator? I'm stumped (and disappointed). I really want to work on some Brazilian tunes in this way. I'm running BIAB 2010.5 build 20 with Mavericks on a Mac mini.