floyd jane

For some reason after I installed BIAB 2015 - I ALSO got those messages.

THEY ALL SEEMED TO BE FOR SOUNDS FROM Hi-Q SET 1.

Initially I did some minor troubleshooting but, in the end I just reinstalled Hi-Q set 1 (then set 2 FOR GRINS) then the BIAB update then ALSO REFRESHING ST2's path to where BIAB sounds were, finally all was well. That path refresh is done obviously from within ST2 using either the DXi or the VSTi, they SHARE path info.

But like you can read in my previous post I also have very non-standard installs so all my issues are almost always self inflicted and have to be self investigated and self corrected.

Although, it DOES SEEM in this case for HI-Q sound set 1 at least somewhere in one of the install pieces for BIAB 2015 is not quit right? This years install does appear to affect where BIAB looks for HI-Q 1 stuff or where it puts stuff for more than a few users?

Sorry, I can't help with your re-authorizations issue, I assume you have full admin privileges on everything (I RUN as admin), program is installed in default locations, and you don't have the apps blocked in any way in your AV or Firewall exceptions lists? And you have contacted IK (it's an IK issue not a PG issue).

Another thing I MIGHT have suggested (too late now I guess): If ST 2 and AmpliTube were already installed, and working, then during BIAB 2015 install I would UNCHECK new installs for:

the "IK Multimedia SampleTank DXi Synth" and,

the "IK Authorization Manger" and,

the " IK Multimedia Amplitube VST Plugin"

in the install list?

just to eliminate any changes or new authorization issues to already working applications (I did) ?

NO offense to PG - their installs are usually straight forward and work with no issues (they don’t have to muck with registry or too many paths). But lately since they have 3rd party add-ins (IK MM) that DO muck A LOT with registry and DO require authorizations - maybe those installs should be 100% separate installs: including the HI-Q sound sets that way you are 100% paying attention to what and where you install, or don't install, or don’t re-install.

Larry

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 01/02/15 07:27 AM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20