Wow, lots of responses! Thanks everyone. I'll try to supply more details:

 My Windows 7 is an OME copy, which means I don’t have the disk. My IT guy offered to make me a free copy. I do have an external drive (1TB) with which I can do a complete system image backup.
 DGA: I uninstalled BIAB, and then re-installed it after uninstalling Wavelab 7 LE and Audacity. When I reinstalled BIAB, I chose the 100 GB install and used the default folders suggested by the program. I didn’t manually delete any folders. I was advised to do the 100 GB install by Kent at the support desk because if the program gets corrupted, I still have the unharmed BIAB program on the USB drive, unharmed. I haven’t tried installing using Option 1.
 Noel: my antivirus software is ESET. I have tried running BIAB from the USB drive, but I get the same errors. I could try disabling my ESET, unplugging the Internet, and retry opening BIAB. Running the program from the USB drive and minimum install is all right? I seem to have a conflicting opinion from Kent.
 Peter: I have tried running the program from the Desktop shortcut created by BIAB and the Explorer directory. The .exe file resides in C:\bb\bbw.exe. Here are the complete error messages I get:

1 - The system cannot find the file specified at: 004EC6E9
2 - Click OK
3 - An exception error has occurred. You can continue to use the program, but should likely save your work and reboot program.
4 - The system cannot find the file specified.
5 - Click OK
6 - Access violation at address 0045FADA in module ‘bbw.exe’. Read of address 00000190 at: 0045FADA
7 - Click OK
8 - An exception error has occurred. You can continue to use the program, but should likely save your work and reboot program.
Access violation at address 0045FADA in module ‘bbw.exe’. Read of address 00000190.
9 - Click OK.

Gear: Tyros 5, MOX8, SoundCraft EFX12 mixer, two Bose L1 Compacts, Yamaha HS-8 monitors, BIAB 2016 UltraPlusPAK, Cubase 8, Steinberg UR-44 interface.

"If everyone played a musical instrument, we wouldn't need police officers or armies." Lee B.