You people are wonderful! And yes, there are several suggestions that I must look at. I'm in the middle of a major show this weekend (two performances). Fortunately, BIAB is a tool I hope to use for building scores for a show in December 2016. So I do have some time luxury. I'll give these suggestions a go next week.

Peter, I used your suggested path (c:\bb\bbw.exe) for the first 100GB install. Based on everyone's suggestions, I suspect one of two things:

1 - A problem with Windows
2 - An antivirus issue

I have performed an image backup to an external 1 TB drive. I used the Windows Backup and Restore tool. I have a product key so I can try the Windows Repair utility. I will also give the suggestion of running it in XP compatibility mode a whirl.

Once again, many thanks! After I find the cause, I'll certainly share the solution for future user reference. Hopefully no none will need the solution. On a brighter note, the five minutes I spent "having fun" on my old XP machine was a total delight. It reminded me of my first DOS version from circa 1990. Keeping you posted...

- Lee

Gear: Tyros 5, MOX8, SoundCraft EFX12 mixer, two Bose L1 Compacts, Yamaha HS-8 monitors, BIAB 2016 UltraPlusPAK, Cubase 8, Steinberg UR-44 interface.

"If everyone played a musical instrument, we wouldn't need police officers or armies." Lee B.