Originally Posted By: 44kfl
... I've lost most hearing in the right ear, some in the left and have nagging ringing, especially when blood pressure goes up. I think a lot of us here have reached the point of having some hearing challenges so what can you do, listen for short periods of time, take long breaks, go back and listen some and tweak some more.
Thanks again

Hey Kenny, I've got bilateral tinnitus and a serious bilateral high frequency hearing loss. I got some high end hearing aids a couple of years ago. The relatively young audiologist has a Ph.D. and she has done a fair amount of research. She was very interested in my ability to discuss db's, frequency ranges, etc., and she sorta took me on as an experiment re music production. Together we worked on a program tailored to enhance my mixing (one of two different programs). Without this I would never have gotten back into music things several years ago. The technology of the aids is, like all things digital, simply amazing.

As I'm sure you are aware there is currently no real cure for tinnitus but I found that after getting fitted with the aids I tended to focus much less on the tinnitus as I am able to hear other things...you know like crickets, birds, percussion, etc., smile PM me if you want any more info.

Bud

PS Thanks for the info on how you processed the guitar. It really worked. I'm more impressed each time I listen.