OK. Here's what happened last night:

I deleted the two files as recommended by VideoTrack and BIAB did open, (I was still on the 434 patch). I got a message to reset the RealDrums and RealTracks folders, (I've always put samples on another drive). Go to prefs and recall my Scheme. Good. Try to reset RD and RT folders and the DB's are very sluggish. Every time I try to reset the destination folders, it locks up, (but at different times in the process). After several tries BIAB wouldn't even open, not even the splash screen.

I start over by deleting the two files. Same results. I tried this several times to no avail. I then reinstalled the 435 patch, thinking there might be something glitchy with the roll back. No difference but I did notice something.

A few weeks ago I installed some new HDD's in my computer to replace some older ones, (not OS drives). When I set things back up, I thought I had renamed all the drives the same and given them the same drive letters. "G" has always been my samples drive. When the patch installs it shows you where it's putting the RD and RT files. Out of curiosity, I decided to check the samples drive letter. You guessed it! My "Samples" drive letter had changed to "H"!

I went back and reinstalled the 435 patch and directed the samples to be installed on the correct drive. Making the Prefs changes was still very sluggish. Locked up multiple times. Finally, by waiting for 15 to 30 minutes between selections and exiting the program after each successful change, I managed to get everything working.

I brought in some old projects and everything seemed to work OK. I closed BIAB down and went to work in my DAW. Before I shut down for the evening, I checked BIAB again. It would not open, not even the splash screen.

I'll try again tonight. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all your help guys!

Paul

BIAB 2023
Intel i7-4790K, Win7 Pro, 16GB Ram
1TB OS, 2TB Audio, 1TB Samples
Focusrite Scarlett 6i6
Cakewalk by Bandlab, 64 bit