Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Sorry for all your difficulty. I'm thinking it may not be BIAB at all. From your description, my first hunch is that a drive is not working correctly. Can you check that using other programs?

Oh, and you might try the new Build 436 first. Several technical fixes http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=355753#Post355753

Hi Matt.

I ran the 436 patch and got some interesting errors about files not being loaded because they already exist. I clicked through and BIAB opened normally and the patch did take. However, when I rebooted, windows went into 'Disk Check' mode, (on the drive in question), and it took most of the afternoon and all last night to finally get through the tests! I'm guessing you were right about the HDD being bad, (3 yr old WD drive).

When I checked this morning windows had booted so I didn't get any error messages. I did however, see several lines during the 'Disk Check' that refereed to BIAB samples. Could it be there is a bad sector where BIAB installed files? I'll do more checking.

I did try to run Superior Drummer last night and it took forever to load the kits, (samples are on the drive in question), so that also confirms something is going bad with this drive.

Thanks for everyone's help. I'll keep working with it.

Paul

BIAB 2023
Intel i7-4790K, Win7 Pro, 16GB Ram
1TB OS, 2TB Audio, 1TB Samples
Focusrite Scarlett 6i6
Cakewalk by Bandlab, 64 bit