Hi Jazzmammal

"The second suggestion is to use a stereo break out adapter so you can run the bass and drums to one channel and the rest of the instruments to another channel. The overall mix will sound vastly different out on a gig than it does at home. One gig I did in a medium sized bar the bass was just booming and I could turn it down that way. It's the bass and drums that causes the most trouble so that was my solution to have separate control over them. That can change as the gig goes on too. Early there may be only a few people but later the place is packed and you need to turn the bass and drums back up. Yes you can control that live using Biab's mixer but that's tricky to do while you're playing. Then when you stop that song and move on to the next one the mix can be different. You'll soon realize that what you set up at home as far as balancing between the instrument tracks is pretty much useless on the gig because of different acoustics."

Can you explain this a little bit more for me. I'm not following it. confused
If I'm using BIAB on my tablet and outputting to two channels on the PA, do I just pan bass and drums left and the rest right in BIAB?
If I'm using eg bluetooth to an Aux in on a PA (sometimes I just use wave files live from a phone or tablet), what do I do? Presumably I record them panned left and right. It sounds like a great idea as I find this a problem with backing tracks, but I don't get how to do it. Thanks. grin

Last edited by lambada; 07/07/16 05:45 PM.

Windows 10 Home 20H2 Build 19042.487
BIAB 2021 (Build 818)
Intel(R) Core(TM), i3-4160, CPU @3.60 GHz RAM 16 GB, 64 Bit X64-based processor
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic