How full is the hard drive for disk "C"?

When you get to the point of less than 10% things do start to slow way down. I had that issue some time back and it seems that windows likes to save practically everything in it's TEMP and TEMP INTERNET file folders. You can generally delete the contents of those folders safely, which are often many gigabytes in size. Also reset the RESTORE size and frequency as well. It comes with a default setting on what it wants to save and how many copies of the restore it is set to keep. It's relatively safe to let it keep only two or three of the most recent ones. My restore had many dozens of backups in it's registry. I deleted them all but the most recent two or three. It freed up a huge chunk of digital real estate.

Doing that one thing took my laptop from 94% filled back to less than 60% filled in about 30 seconds and the machine ran so much better after that.

You might also want to run ANTI-MALWARE BYTES on the disks and let it check for and fix the issues it finds. Also, a good registry fixer can make a huge difference. When it's all done, run your defrag utility as well to organize and rearrange the files.

Any time you see an issue, a cold reboot is in order.....and if the issue is still there.... do a restore. Don't wait. Restore has solved a bunch of glitches for me.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 09/18/16 08:09 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.