to add to what Rharv said (sort of)

First while late and you dont; seem to need the list anymore I forgot to include the link last post in case others see this and want to knwo where to go

https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013272/Instrument-Definitions

Second, it's been a long time since I had a JV1080, now have XV-5080 and Fantom XR and Integar7 and use to have XP30, JV2020, D110, not some I can't remember) but I'm pretty sure (see user manual pg's. 76-77 of manual) when in GM mode that's ALL you can access: GM sounds. And if you put 1080 in "GM mode" that is an exclusive mode - you cannot do anything BUT GM sounds: there are no other banks or "higher banks" and you do NOT have access to the Preset banks: User, A, B, C, or even D (and Preset D is GM sounds - not to be confused with GM MODE). This is pretty standard Roland behavior.

However, when NOT in "GM MODE" then if just in Patch mode (using patches from User bank or Preset banks A,B,C, D and again where D is GM sounds, different than GM MODE) or in Performance MODE than any of the 16 patch positions (expect 10 = ch 10 drums) when in Performance Mode you can assign a GM sound (from Preset bank D) to that patch.

What that means is that in Patch mode or Performance, not in GM MODE, than any sound from any bank is accessible

Larry

I see Pat beat me to it re: GM mode

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 04/12/17 02:56 PM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20