Originally Posted By: GBS
........ I do however have older tracks that were built in MME and need ability to work in both MME & ASIO formats. Thanks

This is not an issue. MME and ASIO are drivers that run the soundcard and do not have any requirements that a new interface run the same driver to play back a track.

Regardless of the driver used to record something in the past, any driver that runs your hardware now will give you playback.

I always recommend using ASIO if the hardware supports it.

As someone else said.... try the old hardware on the new computer. It's generally not the hardware that has issues with a new OS, it's the drivers. So if ASIO runs the hardware and the OS is cool with ASIO, it should work just fine.

I had a soundcard that ran some drivers for W-95... very old stuff. When MS came out with their new OS, the sound card mfg decided not to update or write drivers that were compatible with the new OS. So in that circumstance, yes, I did have to buy new hardware. My current interface, a Focusrite Saffire has migrated through several computers and several different OS's without any problems. So, give the old one a try, and run ASIO if at all possible.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 09/01/17 02:57 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.