Notes, that is a very reasoned approach to life and I think our differences are fairly minimal. You're a bit more liberal than I am (maybe) but so what. Doesn't mean anybody's right or wrong, this stuff is so complex.

As for the 70's ice age thing check this out:

http://www.climatedepot.com/2017/05/23/120-years-of-climate-scares-70s-ice-age-scare/

You and I were both trying to make it in the music biz so I wasn't a big news hound either. Remember back in the day there was no internet, no cell phones, no nothing like that. We all got our information from the mainstream media like Walter Cronkite, newpapers and news mags like Time and Newsweek. It was either that or go to a university library and do your own research.

This site links way more newspapers talking about the coming ice age than I remember. At this point I remember seeing a Newsweek cover with some big glacier hovering over Manhattan or something like that plus some LA Times articles probably. Nobody had the distrust for the print media then that we have now.

At that time I became a huge fan of the Washington Post and the NY Times for breaking and then following Watergate. Definitely the high point of investigative journalism in my lifetime. Even though I was initially a Nixon supporter, that sure changed so when they also reported on global cooling and a possible ice age I thought there could be something to it.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.