Thanks Bob. That was nice of you to say. smile

This may be a little off topic but since I started this thread I guess I am allowed.

I am so dumbfounded by the POSSIBILITIES surrounding me I hardly have time for thinking any worrisome thoughts. I just plan on writing some kick a..... tunes and I will let the universe take care of the rest.

Now here is something that blows my mind:

I have a “matching set” of my studio software on my laptop and my PC (the main studio.)

I just did an orchestral piece on my laptop with heavy duty orchestra samples using a template that is utilizing both Miroslav Philharmonik2 (love it) and Garritan Personal Orchestra. Embedded in the tracks were mastering plugins from IK Multimedia’s new TR5 Studio Max bundle. (Mind boggling. Like almost 50 high end EQS, amps, bus compressors, and on and on.) Plus I found some cool Band in a Box Real Track stuff with awesome trance loops and stuff that will be killer for movie stuff once I add in those .wav files too.

So, I just sent myself an email and the finished work (including the BIAB file which will extrapolate the .wav audio on the other end) in template code was 256K.

256K.

I opened it up on the PC and it was like unpacking a NYC studio with 1000 pounds of hardware.

Hit play and it sounds like it is already mixed and mastered, and I don’t even need to do anything before submitting to film licensing companies. Just hit render.

The thought that I can sit under a tree in a park, produce a movie trailer score, email it to myself, open it up on my PC, hit render and upload: man, I am way too busy thinking of new chord progressions and melodies to think anything but happy, shiny, golden thoughts.

What PG Music and other companies have made available to us all is jaw dropping.

In that context it is really hard for any other thought to enter my head except what chords I am going to use next and what I am going to play on the melody line with a virtual piano or Prophet V.

smile

I am one happy camper.