When I was younger I thought that "Blind Man in the Bleachers" was pretty sad. "Chiseled in Stone" by Vern Gosdin. More Recently the one that actually made me cry lately is a song by Jeff Bates called "Riverbank" that reminds me of my Dad. He loved fishing. And I took him fishing before he died. It wasn't easy for him to get up and down the bank. He had trouble breathing. I took him to his favorite spot. He always caught more fish than me, but that last time I caught more than him and it made me sad. So it is sad to me. Sometimes you run into a song that feels like your life, they can be sad and depressing. When I think about it sometimes when I listen to "50,000 Names on the Wall" brings my swell factor up pretty high. (My swell factor is how close I come to crying.) "Riverbank" busted me up though and caught me off guard..'cause I had never heard it before until recently. Another song that kind of caught me off guard the first time I heard it was "Almost Home" by Craig Morton. Some songs just really remind you of life places you've been and they can hit the soft spots.

C.Dan