Originally Posted By: cliftond
RIding Hwy 49 got shortlisted again today, it is at the music supervisor on one listing. Lots of fun this stuff. They have just posted a Gram Parson alt, I was a big Gram Parsons fan, have done several of his covers, but, really never wrote anything similiar to his style of the song they want, it is an odd song and not one of his better ones. Why would anyone want that style that knows Gram Parson songs? Oh Well CLiff

Congratulations on your shortlist. I'm a big fan of Gram Parsons music too. Relative to this discussion, I have written songs similar to his style and actually sold an original recording to be included in a Gram Parsons documentary. While I can't pitch that particular song, I may have another one I can.

Encouragement to the forum not to quit writing, that song collected dust for 44 years before it was 'discovered'. The record company that purchased the rights has received 6 Grammy nominations over the years. And, I've netted more in royalties from that song than the entire album it was released on grossed....

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.