I've been using BIAB since 2006 and I wouldn't be without it.

It's a brilliant program and indispensable for my songwriting. Like those in the posts above, I recommend spending the most that you can to get the best version possible. All versions use the same engine. What varies from version to version is the number of styles, Realtracks, Realdrums, MIDI and Supermidi tracks.

Also, if you are tossing up between the Windows version of the program and the Mac version, be aware that the Windows version comes with Realband while the Mac version does not. Realband is somewhat like a DAW but it has the capabilities of BIAB.

My workflow is...

1. Write a song in BIAB.

2. Open the song in Realband and use multiriff to generate multiple tracks for some of my song's backing tracks.

3. Save tracks and load them into Reaper to create the backing.

For those tracks that I have created multiple tracks (usually solo tracks or tracks for sweetening the mix), I compile a single track from the multiple tracks using copy and paste.

Reaper is also where I use VSTs, DXis and other effects. I don't worry about setting these up in either BIAB or Realband since I use these programs to produce the raw tracks (midi and audio) for Reaper.

If you want to get an idea as to what's possible, visit Users Showcase at the below link and have a listen to some BIAB users' works.

Users Showcase

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024