Drutgat,

Folks have already covered the technical part. Let me take a whack at the happiness part.

The first word that springs to my mind when I think of BIAB and the PG Products and Forums is "Joy." There is so much FUN around here. As they say in their marketing: "It should be illegal to have this much fun."

In 2014 a songwriting buddy from a Nashville group (Herb Hartley) told me to "Get Band-in-a-Box now. It will be the best thing you ever did for yourself." I remember the day Alyssa sold it to me. Boy was I on fire.

I started off with the baby kit, and had my 32 Real Tracks. I was so proud. But that very first song I wrote--and produced--with my stunning 32 Real Tracks and my "baby kit" was recently shortlisted for a film. I wrote it within a half an hour of opening the box, so to speak--with no effects or VSTS or anything that did not come with the 2014 Real Band package. I have been in love ever since.

I have written close to 1,000 songs or instrumental pieces (I guesstimate) with the aid of the program, adding in my own live instrumentation and singing along with the "band." The naming of their track-generating DAW as "Real Band" was very clever marketing and branding, because unlike other products it creates exactly that: a real band, of the greatest session players in the world.

To that you just add your own flair (I play a lot of guitar and piano and stuff) and you will definitely create your own signature sound.

I have created 8 or 9 albums (lost count) with the program since quickly upgrading to the Audiophile version, in the genres of classical, latin, bolereo, rock, jazz, pop, alternative and country, and have recently branched out into Hip Hop.

The program was by my side when I was named to a "Ones to Watch" list in Nashville. There have been other accolades but I won't get into that because as Don Gaynor said, there are A LOT of very successful, modest and sweet people on these forums who give their hearts and souls and time to helping new and aspiring songwriters. I am still relatively wet behind the ears but having the time of my life. I love this forum, and I love this community. It is the best place for a songwriter to be. Hands down.

So, I would say, buy as much as you can, you will not regret one penny spent around here--and jump in as soon as you can with your songs and productions.

People will cheer you on and you will soon be writing the best stuff of your life.

Welcome to the forum in advance and get ready to have the time of your life too.

Latest:

http://www.davidpsnyder.com/