Hmmm, I don't know Mike. When I got it it had Win 7 and that summer was when MS had their free upgrade to Win 10 which I did by doing the complete installation not just the upgrade. It never had any bloatware to clean.

My stuff tends to be AABA jazz tunes with 3 choruses and those go quick. If I were to change to say 7 choruses with a full soloist RT that would take a bit longer. The soloists RT's seem to make a significant difference and since I'm usually the soloist I don't do a whole lot with those at least not in Biab. RB is different, I'm known to go pretty crazy there...

Alanah has been a regular here for many years but she doesn't post much in the regular forums any more but she's been a beta tester forever. A few years ago during testing she had just bought what sounded to me like a $2,500 system. I remember she set up a very complex song with all RT's and she had style changes and RT changes every few bars just to do a total stress test. She said her generation time was 6 seconds! I had my old system then and my usual time with my much simpler songs was in the 20-30 sec range and that's what prompted me to upgrade.

Just so I know I'm not smoking my socks here, I just opened Biab, set up a 3 chorus jazz ballad and selected the Trepid Jazz ballad multi style, this has Bass, Strings, Drums, Guitar and Horn Section RT's along with a midi melody track. Exactly 8 seconds to the first drum stick countin. I just created another one, 16 bars for 12 choruses 5 RT's and I added a Medley soloist making 6 for the entire song. That's 192 bars and it took 21 seconds. Not surprising when I think about it. From what you've been writing about you're doing these big complex things so 15-20 seconds sounds about right then. Now that I'm getting into this I just did a further test. I nuked the soloist track and it took exactly 10 seconds to generate 5 RT's for 192 bars. One RT soloist track doubled the time. I think it's because the soloists have many more individual licks and phrases for Biab to apply it's smarts to.

Here's the thing when you do audio rendering in any DAW including Biab it takes time. I'm sure you know when you create a midi track in Sonar, Studio One etc it's creating an audio track while the midi track is playing. At the end if you have a bunch of midi tracks and you didn't create audio tracks as you were going, how long would it take that program to render your song to a wav? I don't know but it's certainly more than a few seconds. Biab is generating a brand new audio track from multiple RT's all at the same time. I think 8-20 seconds is pretty good given the variables.

You know enough about computers to know if someone is doing that with an old Core Duo with 2 gigs of ram, it's called good luck. It will do it all just fine but it could take a minute and a half to generate.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.