Rayc.. I used none. I did this song before I had bIAB. So, as the story goes.... I was 5 when my grandmother taught me some piano and then clarinet in junior high from them. I got a guitar in parts at 14 and Harvey Thomas, the guitar builder told me what to do to get it together. I had to wrap pickups and put the neck on and solder and all that. I got a banjo and a mandolin and like 15 and all. So, all the tracks I have been doing all my life, I just played. Bass, mandolin, dobro, banjo, bozuki, fiddle, piano, baritone, ..my house is like a music store. I dabble with all sorts of things. I was a lead guitarist, mandolinist, slide guy and keyboard player in a local band for about two years recently. It taught me a bunch. I hope that was not against the rules to put something up that I played everything on.
Timing... I have a good right ear, but cannot hear things like drums very well. I was a machinist for 40 years and now retired. yup, now you see why BIAB. I have always programmed drums, I only play spoons and native eight sided drum myself. I needed the background tracks to really move forward. Right here, what you said tells me I made the right decision. I thank you for a question that made me dig deeply into my own head to answer.
All the rest, thank you very much as well.