Quote:
Herb / David,

This is an awesome song... Your best collaboration as far as I am concerned.

Outstanding arrangement and vocals. Loved it!

Bob

Quote:
great mix

nice guitars!

good vocals

you mentioned Chris Hillman to Greg, I can certainly hear that,

reminds me a lot of him.

good write,

Kenny

Quote:
This is a pro song, all the way. It's hard to pick any particular part out (although the guitar solos were standout) because all of it's at the level of excellence - writing, production, singing and playing.

-- David Cuny

Quote:
Herb and David, this is a great sounding country rock tune! Great job on the vocals! You can't go wrong when David has input on a song (speaking from experience) ! Loved that twin lead solo! Thanks, Torrey

Torrey Bliss

Quote:
as Bob Seger said in one of his tunes. Thanks for listening and taking the time to express your comments to us.

Firstly.. with a sound like this well your bound to get the attention of us folk.

Secondly... Eagles !!How right can someone be, Big Eagles fan I could honestly hear/see the Eagles doing this.

Music, lyrics and singers , beat, mix, production, writers (both) this is brilliant up beat what I call rock/country, Have I just made a new genre of music nope I aint.

YOU GUYS HAVE DONE THAT ENJOYED THIS !!.
Beatmaster

Quote:
Hey you two, dunno if y'all were intentionally shooting for that Byrds/Eagles/Pederson/Hillman sound or not but it is certainly there.

And in our book that's a good thing!

"The clock, turns so slowly, but the years flew by so fast
Trying to find someone to love, but it never seemed to last"

I like that juxtaposing how at the moment things can seem so slow but in retrospect it flew by quickly.

Nice production, guitar/vocal performance and band. Guitar solo gave us a bit of a Don Felder feel contributing even more to the Laurel Canyon feel.

Good one for sure!

J&B

Quote:
Great, enjoyed it, pro sounding all the way! Tunemonger

Quote:
Yes, definitely has an early Eagles feel to it. Sometimes hard to believe that was almost 50 years ago. Floyd

It's great to see and hear all the comments coming in on this song. Thanks for listening.

I apologize for such a short reply with so many responses in one post. I might be gone for a few days and wanted to get everyone in and responded to before I leave. Just found out my sister is in the ICU and is unconscious. They have her in an induced coma after being admitted and attempts to wake her this morning failed 2x. She passed out a few days ago after calling 911 and was not breathing when medics arrived. How long she was with O2 is the question no one knows. Keep us in your prayers and I'll see you soon.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.