That 2019 for the Mac is coming was mentioned in response to one of many threads on this subject. I don't have time to look through all of them to find it.

Since it must be compatible with the next MacOS, I'll be surprised if it's released before Catalina.

Quote:
I seriously doubt we will see an AUV3 Band in a Box plugin anytime soon, if ever
Since no version of BIAB exists for iOS, I can't imagine we will in 2019. The app called Band in a Box in the App Store is a client app for certain BIAB Windows functionality on your iOS device—not the same thing.

AUv3 is not required for Catalina. I think the rollout to Marzipan based apps will be a lot slower than any of the wishful thinkers would like to see.

With Marzipan, OS 10.15 is making this possible—iOS apps to the Mac, not waving some kind of magic wand that just allows it to happen. It's a one-way street and does nothing to make Mac apps run in iOS.

Logic users will need to see an AU plugin for that new DAW functionality so it will be nice if it's there. Most other DAWs on the Mac can use VSTs including Digital Performer. I will be upset only if the plugin isn't there.

BIAB 2023 Audiophile, 24/60 Core M2 Mac Studio Ultra/8TB/192GB Sonoma, M1 MBAir, 2012 MBP
Digital Performer 11, LogicPro
Finale27.4, Dorico5, Encore5, SmartScorePro64, Notion6, Overture5