Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
I'm trying to understand if the issues has more affect on notation or the audio playback.

If it's in the notation, it's in the audio. If it isn't then that's a bug.

I totally appreciate wishing this gets cleaned up too but there are less and less of us who care. There was a recent thread asking about how Biab can be made to generate modern pop music. Very little of that has extended chords and neither does modern country.

15 years ago Biab was something like 70-75% jazz oriented. Then came the introduction of Real Tracks and that attracted tons of rock/country/folk guitarists and they requested all of that sort of stuff. Just look at all the guitar and related stringed instruments RT's now.

Electrics, acoustics,6 string, 12 string, steel string, nylon string, pedal steel, dobro, banjo, resonator, I can't even list them all. There's a bunch of accordians, bouzoukies and fiddles! There's tons of fiddles and pages and pages and pages of guitars. It's like 20 to 1 (or more) of those RT's vs new jazz RT's.

The RT's transformed the company by attracting all these guitar players. Midi can be good but one thing it's not good for is guitar and the guitar and related RT's sound awesome. I think they were surprised because the RT's started with a lot of jazz but that changed in a hurry. Great for PG and I'm happy for them but not so good for us jazzers.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.