This is really even further off-topic, but...

I'd had a machine failure on may main desktop machine, mostly running Linux, but booting to Win7 for thoise few applications where I have no choice.

I bought a new lump and installed into it the still working HDD from the old machine.

Everything seemed to run fine, except Win7 kept complaining that my computer was "designed for a newer version of Windows" and advising me to upgrade to Win10, which I did not want to do, partly because I don't like Win10 and partly because this was supposed also to be an occasional-use platform for verifying software on Win7.

I deleted a partition I thought was obsolete ... wrong it was that Win7. So I tried to reinstall.

After two weeks of occasional and frustrating failures and obscure Windows-installer messages I eventually discover that Win7 _will_not_ install on Intel series-7 CPUs. Sheesh!

So now I have Win10 as a boot option for some software and Win7 on a VM VirtualBox for some other software.

I thought I'd rake out my old and "don't like this" BIAB and give it a try on that VirtualBox Win7, mostly because friends sometimes send me BIAB files

I've spent an hour or so installing BIAB minus the plethora of add-ins, gone to install RealBand, only to find that the CD is corrupt.

When I run BIAB, I get an Error/warning that says it's unable to write the registry.

I don't think this is just me. I'm bored now and giving up again.

Ho Hum.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.