iReal pro doesn’t compare well with Norton’s disks. The iRealpro’s are simplified, contain some common mistakes, but are not bad for practicing. Same goes for all the free biab-files around the Net. Not accurate, wrong, missing bars, funny turnarounds and a lack of correct chord spelling.

It may look like Bob Norton is tooting his own horn, here (no pun was intended, whatsoever...), but I care to comment.

Norton’s fake disks are totally different: professionally done, correct, give you all the chord extensions and reharmonizations you can find in the real books. They also provide you with all the correct repeats, al coda’s...

The New Real Book files are the sweetest, in my opinion. Very complete, as correct as possible, totally well done and with all the Bill Evans Changes as written.

I hesitated before buying any at first, but when I saw how nicely they were made, I bought most of the jazz disks, over a longer period, of course. Couldn’t buy them all in one go, I’m not in that financial category. But they are worth every penny.

And they work on every Biab version (from 2012 version as far as I know, but maybe earlier...)

Free or cheap on the net is mostly the same as in real life...

Biab, Kontakt, Sampletank and lots of nice libraries, from Fluffy audio to Abbey Road drums.
Check out these great contemporary Jazz Styles: www.jazzstylezz.com