Originally Posted By: Pipeline
I had Windows 10 but upgraded to Windows 7 and don't have any problems.

Wise man, alas a lot of DAW and VST software houses are dropping all Windows versions except 10.

I had bought an 64bit LTSB W10 (2016 - enterprise stripped) version alas dropped by microsuck recently.

Very very stable, almost Win2000 like. Then it didn't work with the latest NVDIA installers, so i went ' back' to Win10 Pro.
Nothing but problems due them friggin' updates. Even Windows Update Switch 2 didn't save my [*****].

Reinstalled my old LTSB boot partition again, updated the drivers and installed those NVDIA drivers manually.
It works, no friggin' bloatware, no Edge, no Cortana and all that telemetry buls**t.
At times i use Take Ownership in the Program Data and documents/users folders for permissions installation issues.
Alas that screws up the junctions in Application Data.

I use 360 Total Security premium, mainly because of their manual windows patch updating for security kbs.
And Privatefirewall plus some 3rd party PUP remover tools etc. Palemoon or Firefox with Ublock.
Edited the hosts file with a lot of unwanted sites from a listing.

I sometimes wonder if MAC users face all this trouble just to have a working computer.

BTW after the LTSB reinstallation, Q360 said there were no patches needed, lucky me.

On my laptop i had a bought legal 8.1 enterprise running, 5 years without problems, but windows update screwed that up.
Telling me that my officially bought license was not valid all of a sudden.

1 hour on the phone and all the microsuck guy said after letting him remotely control this laptop was,
that he could only arrange for my original 8.0 license was conversion to Win 10 pro. But i needed to reinstall all new from scratch.

PS i bought some expensive office version (365?) from MS, a while back for ' upgrading' from Office 2003.
Only problems, with 2 bought licenses.
Now on free Libre Office, perfect, no updates or licensing sh*t.