Martin.
yes those i7 laptops are very very nice, but problem is price.
i thought stefan didnt want to spend a lot and was interested in low budget refurbs.
here , a refurb i5 laptop with warranty and internal ssd can be had for as low as 200 dollars. i got my wife one. works great/fast/boots fast etc etc.

the other issue for me is "doing everything off the one internal ssd".
so ya got win running plus apps, then stefan talks bout big plug ins, then lets add in sample libs possibly, and "now" everything but the kitchen sink is on that lonely ssd. sure ssd's are fast. but imho its asking for trouble. if people get lazy and dont do their back ups, if that one ssd goes kaput; loads of work is lost etc etc.

the "problem" is the lack of really low budget laptops with 2 internal ssd's and fast processors.
you notice whats happened to processor prices ?
i mean the good high ghz stuff. crazy prices.

the PROBLEM is the really good laptops custom built for recording studio work are so very expensive.
thus imho there is no perfect low budget solution.
on a low budget the 200 buk refurb i5/ssd suggestion is the only alternative imho. with external over usb "pocket sized" drive. for a total of around 380 bucks or less.

best.
oldmuso

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 04/12/21 01:24 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)