Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Originally Posted By: Simon - PG Music
I was taught in college that, as a professional, if you don't have 5 copies of your file you don't have any. Backup backup backup!
Not quite in college - that was 50 years ago - but since then I taught my students in college something much the same. As important as how many you make, though, is where they are. Keep a copy off-site. Maybe one in the car etc. And especially not all connected to the same PC at the same time. But you knew that.

Absolutely! Where they are is probably more important than how many. If your house floods, and your computer and all your backup hard drives are ruined by the water, how many backups do you have left?

Originally Posted By: musiclover
Reading this thread for some reason or other (maybe its because hackers hit the whole health system here)

https://www.reuters.com/technology/irish-health-service-hit-by-ransomware-attack-vaccine-rollout-unaffected-2021-05-14/

The thought crossed my mind that sooner or later that is going to happen to someone with biab and the whole bb folder will be encrypted.

Yep using them as backup drives for only biab is also a good idea.

Scary!

Last edited by Simon - PG Music; 05/21/21 09:48 AM.

I work here