Dear Dan/Noel.
thanks for your replies.
noel; looks like you and i use a lot of the same methods. lol.

i'll share with you both a method i use to reduce artifacts.
(ymmv sometimes works, sometimes dont.)
usually what i do with the RT's is go +/- 50 bpm from my songs bpm in auditioning RT's.
thus if song is 120 bpm then i'll go up to 170 bpm and down to 70 bpm. your probably going "is he nuts " lol.
i only do this with something i'll put in a mix background.
and with an RT i really want in the song that is a nugget.
what i do is invoke reaps reafir , zoom in and take a noise print of just the artifact. and then apply the print to the bb RT i imported. and/or in reaps are many js plug ins eg the geetar amps and other dspfx that i use to reamp/re-apply dsp and mask the artifact.
i have had some success with the above. but please note it depends on the RT. sometimes it definitely doesnt.

frankly (and i'm sure youve both found the same ) often one just cant produce the song "how one hears it in ones mind ".
this happened to me recently on a rock song. no matter how i tried i just couldnt get it how i wanted in my minds "vision".
but one copes and moves on.

this is why i am always sceptical about plug ins that promise to emulate a highly sought after expensive or old piece of gear or vintage. because in my opinion the nuggets have to be there in the first place.
dsp algorithms imho will only take one so far. thus i stay sceptical about certain plug in claims. and i ask myself how come loads of hits were done before plug ins ?

best
oldmuso

cfcboc just saw your post after i posted above.
many thanks for your comments.

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 06/09/21 10:35 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)