There are some great ideas here, and I'll try some of them out.

In my workflow, I have a song idea composed on guitar. I usually have a style approach in my head and will look for something that fits and (a bonus) sounds fresh. I'll first enter the chords. Then I tap the tempo/BPM into BiaB, set the key and then select the StylePicker for the time signature and feel. Then the journey begins.

I'll usually choose a category at that point and see what I get. If a new StylePack is out I might filter for just those. If, for example, I don't hear a "folk" category I like I might go to "country" or "rock". Or if I want a "punk" sound I'll filter for that in the Filter String box. I prefer RealTracks but might try out a MIDI style or two. I don't maintain a stable of musicians per se, but know where to go for staples like acoustic guitars.

Sometimes I'll find a style that is completely different from my initial approach but fits perfectly. That's always nice.

Once I find a style I might add some instruments for variety/color. Then I'll export it to a DAW for mixing what will usually be a backing track for vocals.

I agree that this topic has infinite answers. For me BiaB extends the creative process by allowing a song to breathe against a variety of potential styles.

smile

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
StudioCat DAW dual screen
Presonus Faderport 16
Too many guitars (is that a thing?)