Originally Posted By: Kevin Woolley
Just be careful! There are rumours that Microsoft will not allow updates to a Windows 11 installation that has bypassed its requirements. I think they say you will still get defender updates, but not feature updates and bug fixes.

Kevin, thanks for the feedback. Luckily, on the TPM workarounds, Microsoft has been the implementer of these so it's supported. I also believe that Tom's Hardware would indicate if any workaround would violate licensing. I think the main goal of Microsoft in all the requirements was to secure BIOS and the boot record to help prevent attacks of that sort on a user PC. That's why I support checking these items on that WhyNotWin11 utility: Boot Method, Disk Partition Type, & Secure Boot. I don't think Microsoft cares so much on the supported CPUs. I think they want the user to be aware that their CPU may not be able to handle the extra processing it may take for the new OS. My laptop CPU is not on their list more than likely since it was manufactured in 2013 (8 years old). It is a strong processor and I've had no crashes since installing Win11 yesterday.

Screenshot for my Win11 Activation status below.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Untitled.jpg (34.94 KB, 196 downloads)

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory