Originally Posted By: Rich R

HI Mario, Do you happen to know of any good instructions for incorporating SSD 5 for use with BIAB?> Also, is SSD better to use than Trigger 2 from Steven Slate? T2 is a drum replacement and SSD is more a drum creation tool if I am understanding correctly. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide - Rich

SSD5 drums do have a mapping feature that is very easy to use; I just learned how to do it in order to answer your question!

Open SSD5 and click on map; note a drum kit does not need to be open. Google/Bing GM drum maps to get the GM note for a drum, lets say B0 for a kick drum. In SSD maps right click on B0 and select the kick drum you want. Do this for all of the GM drums then save the preset. When you load SSD5 into BiaB you would also load the GM drum map into SSD5, that is unless you name the GM drum map as the default map. Then it would load automatically.

A word of caution; GM drums contain also percussion instruments. Drum kits do not. You would only get the drums and cymbals of a given kit. I use the Brio Percussion Ensemble
https://www.indiginus.com/brio-percussion-ensemble
but there are others, some free, available.

I have no experience with either Trigger or using SSD5 drums in BiaB. I do all of my drum work in my DAW Studio One Pro because I can add MIDI drum loops if needed and, more importantly, separate each drum on individual tracks. That way I can process each drum separately.

I hope this helps.

{edit} I see om posted just prior to me. If you have a PC your have RealBand. You should be able to do in RealBand what I do in Studio One Pro 5. A DAW does offer a lot of options not available in BiaB. I do not use RealBand so others would have to help you.

Last edited by MarioD; 05/06/22 02:11 PM.

You know you're getting old when a recliner and a heating pad is your idea of a hot date!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware