Slippery slope. Most of the time cover songs are ok, if rights fees are paid. Depending on the song and artist, they can be contested and pulled down, or monetized and money goes to the rights holder. There are lots of different variables in copyrights. I doubt YouTube is paying rights fees for people to air cover songs. But I really don't know.

If you play a video with an original version of a song by the original artist, the money generated will go to the rights holder or you will be given a take down. Depends on the artist.

Because of the worldwide availability of YouTube, I don't really know how the cover song business works. If you play in a bar or club, the bar or club is supposed to pay the performing rights org (BMI, ASCAP etc) fees which then allows the music to be played. Plenty of people play songs on YouTube that are copyrighted and owned by someone else.

In this girl's case I believe she has recorded most of these and probably has a mechanical license to do so and also has permission to perform in public and earn from it. Speculation on my part though.

My wife asked if I had seen the dog bowl. I told her I didn't even know he could.