Hi Mike,

I have to contradict here. I also use Melodyne Studio quite a lot and must say that the possibilities are incredible. I have used it not only to get really bad vocals right, but also on guitars, to remove unwanted noises, to mock up vocals with some artificial choir and a lot of other purposes. It has become one of my most essential tools.

Yes, it takes a while to understand Melodyne and to unleash it's full potential, but it is definitely worth the effort. Especially with the Studio version, the possibilities to tweak all kind of polyphonic audio material is absolutely brilliant. Celemony also offers very structured and excellent video tutorials and textual manuals. You just have to take your time, to learn, to understand and to practise.

Only the midi conversion functionality of Melodyne could be a bit better.

I am also an old guy and it took me a while to learn. But understanding the concept behind the tool made things a lot easier. I never had any horrible results since.

Cheers
Roland

BiaB2023 Plus, Win11, AMD 6-core, 32GByte RAM, RME Fireface UFX, Samplitude ProX7, REAPER 6, Studio ne 5, Melodyne Studio, Toontrack SD3, iZotope MP4, NI Komplete 12, Korg Collection, etc.