The Melodist has been buggy for a long time. The realstyles no longer automatically replaced the midistyles since 2022. A simple workaraound manually load the displayed realstyle and deactivate the allow style change function when generating the melody.
The melodist can work with any real style. Also every melodist can be adapted to any style (even8-16 swing8-16 walz etc...). Unfortunately, the jukebox generation is also defective for me, which allows me to hear new melodies with every repetition.
I gave up hope that pg will fix the melodist.
Vsts like Melody Source 2 show how things can be done better. A Melodist from pg with the simplicity of a melody source 2 gui and paired with the melody virtuosity of pg would have something.
if complete songs were then created in the appropriate genre song format, prototyping new ideas would be a lot more creative. In addition, the breaks that are needed for the calculation are terribly exhausting. I have the feeling that the process is becoming a time waster and that my desire to try things out is quickly being eroded.