Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Chicago
Somewhere when I was studying composition and arrangement I also started to listen critically to music. That, along with furthering my understanding of compositional structures and harmony, is what I would attribute the most important steps towards becoming proficient in composing.
Learning to play a vast amount of music was also immensely impactful as it brought me closer to the work and allowed me to pick up on a lot of tricks.
I suppose neither of those are really tools per se, but it did provide me with the tools needed later in life.

Thanks Chicago, (btw one of my favorite bands, love the horns and bass player in that group)

Regarding compositional structure are you talking about how to arrange an intro, V1, V2, bridge, chorus, outro, etc?
Did you use an online resource like this?
https://www.musictheoryacademy.com/understanding-music/musical-structures/

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
<...snip...>
I HATE HATE HATE that guitar lesson have devolved into a teacher teaching songs and not teaching MUSIC. <...>

ABSOLUTELY!!! (shouting on purpose).

<minor rant>

I understand that's what many a student wants, and it becomes profitable for the private lesson teacher, but it's just so wrong.

Basic music theory, scales and arpeggios, and all that beginner stuff makes one impatient to play the music he/she wants to play, but it's so important that it should not be skipped.

Remember as a tot how you learned your "ABC's", "What does a G sound like", "What is a verb", "What is a noun" and so on. If you skipped all that, which has become internalized in us, it would be very difficult to read and write.

Oh you could recognize "cat" without knowing what the letters are or how each letter is to be pronounced, but what happens when you see a word you have never seen before?

The basics are the foundation, and yes, it takes more time to get started if you skip them, but it handicaps you so severely that in the long run, if you learn the basics first, you will learn much faster in the end.

And yes, I know you can identify some greats who never learned how to read music, but believe me, they are the exceptions.

Like Eddie, I learned "Every Good Boy Does Fine" in elementary school. They also taught us how to count the note values in 4/4 time. They taught all of us, with no expectation that any of us in the class would become a musician. But back then, the schools gave us a well-rounded education, not just enough to be a productive wage slave to some corporation.

Later they taught us all music appreciation. We identified which instruments were playing which part, and we identified themes and development of those themes.

It wasn't for everybody, but if you teach enough different subjects, each student will find out what turns him/her on. They taught poetry, visual arts, sports, dance, acting, and a few other things that I didn't pursue but I'm glad I learned, along with the science, math, and grammar.

IMO every musician AND every singer should learn music theory. It's our language, and our foundation.

I once worked in a band with a singer who couldn't play a note on a physical instrument, but could talk our language, sing intervals, open a fake book and feed him the first note, and if the song was not too complicated, sight-sing the notes. It was a joy. He was 'one of us' and not only did we learn songs quickly, but he contributed to the arrangements, and everything else.

Don't sell yourself short, learn music theory and how to read music. You don't necessarily need to learn to sightread, although that will come in time, but learn to pick up an unknown piece of music and work through it until you can play it.

</minor rant>

IMO the greatest gift that music has given me is the fact that no matter how much I know, there is always something interesting to discover and learn waiting ahead for me.

Insights and incites by Notes ♫

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
The last band I was in had a 3 piece horn section where 2 of them played so badly out of tune that they brought me in to double (cover up) the horn section parts. The trombone player, gainfully employed in another field, was the ultimate in the music hobbyist category. He knew enough to do charts, and he was able to copy the trombone parts as far as what notes to play, but basically he didn't know HOW to play them. He didn't practice much, and when he did, he didn't know HOW to practice a trombone. You need to play LONG tones to learn how to play in tune, not just play along with CDs.

So in one song there was some space to fill, and I suggested (just to put him on front street) that he get an 8 bar solo. He was SO POOR in any kind of improv that he COULD NOT WRITE AN 8 BAR SOLO! Any viable musician would have been mortified to play the solo he played at the first rehearsal. I ended up writing a solo for him, quite basic, and he couldn't play that.

And that's your copy band player who doesn't know anything about music right there. Completely unable to think on his own, and so poor at technique that the band had to hire me to cover him (and the similarly intonation challenged trumpet player) up. The last 3 gigs we played, his mic was in the monitors only so he thought he was playing but his horrible intonation didn't go through the front of house system. I left that band a couple of years ago, and they finally ended up firing that guy. They only played twice a year since then so I didn't lose anything.

Study.
Learn.
Practice correctly.
DON'T rely on music writing software like PG to replace the learning process. Us "old skool" guys have dedicated our entire life to this craft, and to speak only for myself, I find it offensive that people want to sneak into the circus under the tent rather than buy a ticket.

Remember, if I sing along with a Sinatra record, with Old Blue Eyes in my ears I sound great. Without said "Blue Eyes" singing with me I sound like a foghorn. Practice YOU, not you with a CD.

Years ago, when the Yamaha SY-77 came out, I was in college for the second time to get my computer science degree, so I was just into my 40s, and still playing. To fill my course load I took a bunch of music classes, one of which was composition. Some 19-ish year old brought in a piece of music that he claimed to have written. What he did was record the demo track from his keyboard. When he finished playing a tape of "his" song, and the class applauded, I could not stop myself from busting him. The prof asked "Does anyone in the class have any feedback they would like to offer?" I raised my hand and said "I have one comment to make." I got the go ahead and said "Has anybody here every heard of a keyboard called a SY-77? It's made by Yamaha, and what he just played, and said he wrote, is the demo song from that keyboard. I also own that keyboard and know that demo song well."

The prof called him into his office after class and threatened to throw him out of the class for pulling that stunt. That could have all been avoided if he just tried to write something on his own. JUST to make a point, I took my Ensoniq ESQ-1, a drum machine, and the SY-77 to the next class meeting (along with my sax) and performed 3 songs I actually wrote, not plagiarized. Then that kid was MAD AT ME because he stole music and presented it as his own, and cursed me out in the classroom. He dropped the class that day rather than be ejected.

It's things like that attempt to claim ownership of a factory demo that make me wish PG would take out that song creating demo song thingy out. This is supposed to be a tool for songwriting, not a tool to do the work so the user doesn't have to. We get enough of that from users asking us how to practice. (The answer to that is to just practice and not look for shortcuts.)

Do your own work, folks.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
.............................We get enough of that from users asking us how to practice. (The answer to that is to just practice and not look for shortcuts.)

Do your own work, folks.

Eddie, you should elaborate on the practice thing. You must practice the right things in the right way. Practice things until you thoroughly get it them move on to something new.

I will respectfully disagree about the demo songs. I like to hear what the styles are capable of sounding like in good equipment and with good players. Maybe just make them so then can not be transferred to the chord track?

You know you're getting old when a recliner and a heating pad is your idea of a hot date!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Eddie, you should elaborate on the practice thing. You must practice the right things in the right way. Practice things until you thoroughly get it them move on to something new.

How many posts do we get saying things like "How do I recognize the keys that songs are in?" and "How can I get faster on the guitar?" That short answer is "Do the work."

You put in the work. You learn the neck. You play scales faster and faster and faster. Major, minor, pentatonic... I mean why do they think we can somehow virtually do your ear training for you? If you don't know notes on a keyboard, or a fretboard, how can we explain tone matching?

Quote:
I will respectfully disagree about the demo songs. I like to hear what the styles are capable of sounding like in good equipment and with good players. Maybe just make them so then can not be transferred to the chord track?

I'd settle for that solution. I literally despise it when people start posting awful stuff made from provided demo songs like maniacs in December trying to get their post count up so they can win a free copy of the new version coming out. They end up no better of a player and no smarter about music when they get awarded free software that does literally everything for them. That just propagates the "pretender" mentality. I also call it the "participation trophy" mentality.

Our age group is probably the last generation before the microwave mentality emerged. Everything is a rush to completion with no regard for self satisfaction that comes from doing it the hard (right?) way. This is a very nitpicky example, but I will say it anyway, despite the fact that reveals another aspect of my Sheldon Cooper side. Wife 3.0 once put something into the microwave and set the timer for 60 seconds. At 52 seconds she opened the door and took out the cup. And I asked her "Why didn't you just set the timer for 52 seconds? Were those 8 seconds you saved critical to your day? What are you going to do with those 8 seconds that will make your life better?" (This is the same kind of snarky line of questioning I use when people crow about their computer taking too long to do something. "Does loading a program in 4.5 seconds really enhance your life from the old days when that program took 6.9 seconds to load?" That comment typically comes from people who don't understand that programs run in RAM, and call their hard drives "memory". As we all know, hard drives are storage, not memory.)

There aren't short cuts to proficiency in any field. Witness the MCSE Boot Camp paper tiger MCSEs. They cost a fortune, they force feed you exactly what will be on the tests, you get your cert, you head out into your job and realize you don't know anything hands on, just the concepts that were enough to get your cert. That is the computer version of recording demo songs, slapping AI lyrics on them, and calling them your own work.

Do the work. Put the time in. There is far more to music than knowing where the start button is.

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I agree.

I got a chuckle out of the complaining about the few second time differential. I remember waiting 30 minutes for a tape to load a program onto a computer and sometimes it would fail at the 29 minute mark thus I had to start over. Those were not the good ol' days!

We are definitely on the same page when it comes to practicing and learning theory. Keep fighting my friend.

You know you're getting old when a recliner and a heating pad is your idea of a hot date!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
B
Journeyman
Journeyman
B

How many posts do we get saying things like "How do I recognize the keys that songs are in?" and "How can I get faster on the guitar?" That short answer is "Do the work."

You put in the work. You learn the neck. You play scales faster and faster and faster. Major, minor, pentatonic... I mean why do they think we can somehow virtually do your ear training for you? If you don't know notes on a keyboard, or a fretboard, how can we explain tone matching?

*whine* But that takes effort! *whine*

Byron Dickens

BIAB. CbB. Mixbus 32C 8 HP Envy. Intel core i7. 16GB RAM W10. Focusrite Scarlett 18i 20. Various instruments played with varying degrees of proficiency.

https://soundcloud.com/athanorsoundlabs
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rharv

Piano helped visualize how to read to begin with
Then trumpet made me learn to transpose
Bass was kinda easy after I learned the previous ones, but taught me how to use a basic fret board (one note at a time)

FWIW I can work with other musicians much better because of learning theory how I did
So I consider that my most useful music tool

Good advice.
Piano and music theory seem to be somewhat of a common theme.
The piano/keyboard gives you a linear and visual representation of available notes and music theory gives you a language to communicate with others and helps with understanding of how music actually works.

BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
This post has evolved into 2 different things, and that's not a bad thing. There is a music LEARNING track and a music MAKING track. I have always been in the school that music is what you learn and songs are what you make with that. Music is knowledge. Songs are made using the knowledge that is music.

Kind of like when people say they are "on" a diet. Well, if you are ON a diet, you can then go OFF a diet. Diet is a daily behavior and a pattern of eating, not a thing that comes and goes.

Every music newbie needs to study these. They are good learning tools and great writing tools. I have been playing since 1956 and I still refer to these from time to time to consider options. Sometimes you may want to put in a strange non-standard chord just to grab the listener's ear. As we all know, nobody will EVER know everything.

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: B.D.Thomas
- ears and mouth
- pen and paper

Thanks BD,
A minimalist set of tools for sure but a good set as it gets down to the basics.
Muscians centuries ago probably had little else.

BiaB 2024 Windows
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Eddie mentioned—Do the work. Thank you.

I've played with a lot of musicians who don't want to do the work, and they sound like it.

Being a musician is fun for many of us, but it certainly isn't easy.

I've dealt with

• Musicians who don't practice their scales/arpeggios/intonation/tone
  • Musicians who don't care to learn to read music or learn at least basic music theory
  • Musicians who use band rehearsal time to learn their parts, wasting everyone else's time
  • Musicians who show up late or take long breaks
  • Musicians who think it's OK to drink or do recreational drugs on the gig
  • Musicians who spend more attention chasing members of the opposite sex than playing to the audience
  • Musicians who think playing a popular song that would work for the audience is beneath them
  • Musicians who have a Diva / Divo attitude
  • Musicians who pick apart other musicians on stage for the slightest mistake
  • Musicians who don't care about playing at the appropriate volume for the particular gig
  • Musicians who are not having fun on the gig
  • and so on

Mrs. Notes and I were in a few groups together. The last one was a 5-piece. We lost the bass player, and were out of work 2 months, finding a new one and teaching him all our songs.

Later that same year, we lost a drummer. Got a new one, this time we were only out of work one month.

She had a small kit, kept excellent time, provided tasty fills, didn't overplay, and could even play with brushes for the slow jazzy numbers. If that wasn't enough, she could sing backing vocals, too.

We go to our first gig, it was a Dodger Pines Country Club in Vero Beach, FL (The Brooklyn Dodgers used to do spring training there). The audience was huge, and filled over capacity.

The F&B manager pulled back the accordion type room divider and told us we could set up in the bar/lounge. The drummer got excited and said, “God will never forgive me if I play in a bar!” I said, “God will have to forgive me for homicide if you DON'T play in this bar tonight.”

Back to Music Making Tools...

The next day I bought a Teac A-3440 reel-to-reel, 4-channel tape deck. I play drums, bass, at the time rhythm guitar and some keyboards, so I started making my own backing tracks.

I mixed to cassette tapes and bought an AIWA double bay cassette player, with volume sliders for each bay. I had a local repairman calibrate the cassette speed to within 1%.

Then MIDI came around and I bought a sequencer and synth modules and saved the songs to floppy disks. That was much better than carrying scores of cassette tapes (one for each song).

After a synth module failed on stage, I decided to do all the mixing at home, save to 192mp3 and bring two computers to the gig, which is something I still do. I use ThinkPad computers, because they are almost bulletproof. I just retired one I bought in 2002.

Mrs. Notes plays synth and rhythm guitar, and is an excellent singer. On stage, I play sax, wind synth, flute, I learned to play lead guitar, and I'm a decent singer (Mrs. Notes sings all the difficult songs).

Since we went duo in 1985, we were never out of work until COVID reared its ugly head, and now that it's in the rearview mirror, we are back to doing 15-20 gigs per month.

We both have intense work ethics, play what we need to play, adapt to each audience, show up on time, put in 110% for the entertainment purchaser, and have fun doing music and nothing but music to make our living.

Notes ♫

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent

Scaler helps in the creative process by helping "ME" to write the progression. Nor did I want the entire accompianment to be added to my chords by picking and pluging RTs into the song. I came to the point where I needed to get more of me in my music. That dictated less of BIAB. Scaler was helpful for me in making the needed transition away from BIAB for me in order to grow musically.

Hope that clarifies my workflow strategy.

It may not appear as such but we actually agree on getting "more of me" into our music. This is what I like about my instruments; it's my fingers on the keys of my keyboard and my fingers on the strings of my bass.

But I'm still not understanding how Scaler helps accomplish this. Aren't you still moving a mouse on a computer screen?

Don't get me wrong, I can afford the price of this software, it's about every hour spent climbing up the learning curve of yet another piece of software is an hour taken from music theory, honing my bass/keyboard skills and other "traditional" music growth activities.

BiaB 2024 Windows
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Bass Thumper
Don't get me wrong, I can afford the price of this software, it's about every hour spent climbing up the learning curve of yet another piece of software is an hour taken from music theory, honing my bass/keyboard skills and other "traditional" music growth activities.

And it not teaching you music. Just like you learn how to skate by skating, you learn music by playing instruments. Not by playing around with software.

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
OK, now you guys are teaming up against me forcing me to defend myself. <said with a big smile>

Here is my defense for incorporating all these "music tools / software" into my music in order for me to get more of me in my music. Keep in mind, my goal is to be a better overall "musician" not just a better guitar or piano player.

I continued to take music lessons (hands on the instrument) both theory and performance for both piano and guitar. However, even if I could muster the energy and focus to spend 6 - 10 hours each day on only one of those instruments, there simply are not enough days left in my life to reach a level of professional proficiency. That ship has sailed. I am long past the days of sitting in my bedroom with the guitar on my lap practicing until my fingers bleed. And that doesn't even include any time for playing out, gigging in a bar with other musicians - hell, I haven't even been in a bar for years. So Thumper the next time you spend an entire day running scales and licks to backing tracks, think about all the other aspects of music which you are not studying. What is your goal, in regards to playing the bass? What will you do with this skill that you pay so dearly for with your time and efforts?

And Eddy I already know you position on all this... you have shared it in detail in your postings. Remember, the comments in this post are being consumed by your fellow members of the PG Music Senior Citizen Society. Do you really think you have to school us on how to play music? You really should have stopped with "...Do the work" and then just let us decide what work needs to be done.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Off-Topic
J
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
J

<... snip ...>

What is your goal, in regards to playing the bass?

<... end snip ...>

That's a great question.

Knowing the goal will help identify tools you can use to get there. Not knowing that, its just a bunch of stuff we use. Maybe useful to you, maybe not.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hey Dan, I can only speak for myself when I say I'm not ganging up. I'm truly interested in how Scaler helps in making music. Is it via music theory? Helping with finding the right chords? Something else? This is why I asked about your workflow. So no judgement here at all, far from it.

I'm in the process of summarizing (as best I can) the survey results. And as it turns out, you are in good company. The biggest chimney on the chart is software/plugins.

On a more personal note. I'm not studying scales or arpeggios, but maybe I should. I play basically by ear with a knowledge of the chord progression and am the consumate novice. Hence my inquiry regarding tools.

You need no "defense" at all, I'm just curious and want to learn from you and others.

Recall that you have helped me in a major way in the past, so it is I that is the student smile

BiaB 2024 Windows
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Do you really think you have to school us on how to play music?

Nope. Just how to learn it.

When software does the work for you, you are learning how to use software, not learning music.

The same logic goes to "Self Help" books. If you are reading from a book, it's "Book Help".

Last edited by eddie1261; 06/23/23 03:23 AM.

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Here are the results from this survey as best I could distill them.

Assuming I didn't make any glaring error, I wonder what the main take-aways are from this data.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Useful Tools Survey.jpg (79.1 KB, 88 downloads)

BiaB 2024 Windows
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
These results do not surprise me. You asked this question to a group of digital sound and rhythm using musicians. Virtually all of us use BiaB, a digital sound and rhythm generator. Add some chords, pick a style, and presto you have backing tracks complete with rhythms and sounds.

Many of use substitute BiaB sounds with better sounds, thus the Kontakt, Toontrack, etc software.

Ask this question to a group of studio musicians and I'll bet you will get a completely different list.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

And Eddy I already know you position on all this... you have shared it in detail in your postings. Remember, the comments in this post are being consumed by your fellow members of the PG Music Senior Citizen Society. Do you really think you have to school us on how to play music? You really should have stopped...

100% - the number of times certain forum members write out their rules for playing et al is astounding. Note's notes are noted and not digested.

Last edited by rayc; 06/22/23 03:16 PM.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Band-in-a-Box® + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!

Since AI is now readily available online as a resource for many things, we recently put together and shared a video where we demonstrated how to create a song using Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V; we've also shared a Bob Doyle Media video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band in A Box, showing how they utilize AI for their song projects. Now it's time to share Henry's video, Band-in-a-Box + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!, where he demonstrates how to use ChatGPT and Band-in-a-Box to whip a song project together in only 3-4 hours.

Watch the video.

Visit Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite, to find a large collection of tutorials showing the viewer how to achieve amazing results using Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics81,928
Posts739,821
Members38,648
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
yematif620, woraroru, JazzMan01, kssyblls01, maxtern
38,647 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)