Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Freeze Song on Save DC Ron Yesterday at 11:39 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
+1
Replies 5 Views 144 Read More
Re: Dotted quarter / eighth instead of two quarters Herringbone Yesterday at 11:38 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Do you know how I would do a Hit on a passing tone on the 4and and then the resolve chord on the one? Thanks.
Replies 6 Views 1,475 Read More
Re: City Night Life Bass Thumper Yesterday at 11:12 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
You definately have this genre down. What stood out to me was the EP and your bass work. Well done.
Replies 14 Views 215 Read More
Re: City Night Life MarioD Yesterday at 10:41 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by firesong
Mario...very cool...I love that drum kit...crisp and clean...the EP is really nice...the melody is intoxicating as it muses through the background...not hard to imagine the scene you set up...progressive jazz in a very soothing way!
Thanx so much Dan for this wonderful review.
Re: The Stratocaster was born in 1954. DC Ron Yesterday at 10:35 PM Forum: Best of YouTube Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Humble beginnings indeed. Nice to keep guitars, but I never seem able to. Even so, most of my guitars are Strats or Strat-inspired. The guitar in my profile pic is a 30 year old Peavey modeled after the Fender Jeff Beck Artist model of that era.
Replies 4 Views 96 Read More
Re: Du Mohican à l'Algonquin DC Ron Yesterday at 09:32 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Chris37
Thanks DC Ron and Mario. Paul Simon is not only an excellent guitarist, composer and performer. But he is also a remarkable lyricist.
Remarkable indeed. Paul's maybe my favorite singer/songwriter. On the other hand, over the years he's had some pretty funny responses to lyrical analysis of Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard. Like your song, it does sound GREAT though.
Replies 6 Views 122 Read More
Re: Crash and Burn DC Ron Yesterday at 09:24 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by firesong
Ron...You and Dusty have done it again...another super song...I really dig Dusty's vocals (I hope I've said that before)...the harmonies are killer....you did a great job with the Ooh's...I agree that they're hard to work with but you nailed them ...love the acoustic, unplugged feel of the track...one of your best writes and productions IMHO...very nice!!
Thanks, Dan! Yes, Dusty is wonderfully talented, and we're fortunate to have him up front on these. I scored the harmonies (so thanks!) but Dusty really nails them. And what he does with the Ah BGVs is just gorgeous. There was a fork in the road on the production on going BIG or small, and I opted to keep the band intimate and let the vocals carry the dynamics. Glad you liked it! THANKS for the listen!!
Replies 15 Views 285 Read More
Re: Bar Settings - Fade (per bar) Matt Finley Yesterday at 09:24 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Five Forms
... Gary Hart p.s. I finally made the jump to audiophile and LOVE it. Band in a Box is WONDERFUL!
Gary, I'm curious, what are some of the reasons you say that? I agree of course, but if you have anything you would like to share, it might be appropriate to add to the article I wrote a few years back about the audiophile version. If you haven't read it, you should enjoy it. https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=378939#Post378939
Replies 11 Views 1,899 Read More
Re: Celtic Tales of Old firesong Yesterday at 08:52 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Eric...a highland flavor for sure...the pipes are cool...but when the guitar enters with its gorgeous tone you capture the essence of the piece for sure...very ethereal new age Celtic feel...really super piece!
Replies 4 Views 59 Read More
Re: Bar Settings - Fade (per bar) TimV Yesterday at 08:50 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
The 2024 Mac version will not allow you use a negative number there. You get an error forcing you between 0 and 127.
Replies 11 Views 1,899 Read More
Re: ROOM 305 rsdean Yesterday at 08:48 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ray, That's very kind - thank you. Bob
Replies 27 Views 585 Read More
Re: City Night Life firesong Yesterday at 08:46 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Mario...very cool...I love that drum kit...crisp and clean...the EP is really nice...the melody is intoxicating as it muses through the background...not hard to imagine the scene you set up...progressive jazz in a very soothing way!
Audacity 3.6 - New Effects & New Master Channel AudioTrack Yesterday at 08:38 PM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Continual improvements to Audacity:
Replies 0 Views 22 Read More
Re: How do insert quotes from multiple earlier posts in a thread? AudioTrack Yesterday at 08:03 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Good idea. I also use an ellipse (...) front and back if necessary to show I am only quoting a relevant section of of larger post. Yes, also ensure that by quoting a smaller section that you don't change the overall context of the message.
Replies 5 Views 107 Read More
Re: ACW... make it easier to use. Cerio Yesterday at 06:40 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Rob Helms
It still fights you as you move bars other bars go out of alignment.
Yes, this was exactly one of the main problems of the ACW when I tried it years ago. After setting the first bars and calculate the rest, it may work ok for a while, but eventually, the audio, bars & screen will go out of sync and all kind of crazy behaviour will happen. It's not just an isolated or an easy to reproduce problem, the whole thing is, in my experience, just too unstable and unreliable to be used in a real project. It could be a great addtion, but, honestly, it looks like the feature is still in a very early alfa stage of development. Definitely, it deserves more love.
Replies 10 Views 240 Read More
Re: Someday We'll Understand DC Ron Yesterday at 06:11 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dan, this is so very, very moving. Everything is crisply in place and perfectly supports the song. Love your piano and Kevin's tender vocals. So sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing Kathy with us, and for this remembrance.
Replies 2 Views 53 Read More
Re: DARK BLACK CLOUD DC Ron Yesterday at 06:02 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Torrey, dynamite song! Love your vocals, harmonies and BGVs. Your lead guitar lines are super melodic and fun, too. And that was an inventive little turn with the bass on the bridge, liked that a lot. Maybe a WIP, but sounds near radio ready to me. Sorry for your flooding troubles, glad you're back!
Replies 7 Views 133 Read More
Re: Is there anyway outside of the Install manager to see how many real tracks one has? Andrew - PG Music Yesterday at 05:46 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Is there any way outside of the Install manager or the "what add ons do I have?" window, to see a list of real tracks one has?
Use the RealTracks Picker to see the entire list of RealTracks that you have. Select the 'Show N/A' option to include RealTracks that you don't have, and you can sort by the N/A column. You can also copy the list to the clipboard, paste it into a spreadsheet and sort/manipulate/examine the list in more detail there. Also, you can copy and paste the text fields from the What addons do I have dialog into a text file and that will make it easier to view long lists.
Replies 4 Views 118 Read More
Re: Du Mohican à l'Algonquin Chris37 Yesterday at 05:27 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks DC Ron and Mario. Paul Simon is not only an excellent guitarist, composer and performer. But he is also a remarkable lyricist.
Replies 6 Views 122 Read More
Re: Early Ages jannesan Yesterday at 05:01 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Another pleasant blues song of the modern age with timeless melody and chords. The philosophical lyrics made me think...I like optimistic thinking, unfortunately when times get tough, we tend to forget history and rather to follow some pied piper. The arrangement and the mix is very good, well in balance, the bassline is nice and Dave definitely knows how to play blues - he doesn't repeat mistakes because he never makes them smile Janne
Replies 15 Views 467 Read More
Re: DARK BLACK CLOUD Guitarhacker Yesterday at 04:13 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Nice work. That chorus is really cool. Love those George Harrison style chord progressions in it. Enjoyed it
Replies 7 Views 133 Read More
Re: Someday We'll Understand rsdean Yesterday at 03:57 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dan, You really write some beautiful and touching music. This one is no exception. I love what you have done here with the tracks selection and Kevin. The mix is stellar. Your sister would be very proud... Bob
A place for your songs TikTok billboard top 50 pghboemike Yesterday at 03:48 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Replies 0 Views 31 Read More
Someday We'll Understand firesong Yesterday at 03:32 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Imagine...the late70's, early 80's in a small mid-western town...an old storefront has been converted to an intimate coffee house...there are tables around the room and a small stage at the end of the store...on the stage is a piano player (the writer of this song), a drummer playing a small drum kit, a guy on bass and a young woman playing cello...a single microphone with a stool and an acoustic guitar sit center stage...a young man comes out sits down at the stool...he picks up the guitar...the lights dim...a single spot focuses on the young singer and... https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14814870 This song has always had a special meaning to me...I wrote it just after the sudden death of my younger sister Kathy on July 17, 1982 Style is _ICYWIND.STY (Icy Wind Alternative Country) RealTracks in song: 366:Bass, Electric, Country Ev 065 RealTracks in song: 1856:Cello, Background PopCountry Ev 085 RealTracks in style: 1595:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Pop8thsSteady Ev 065 RealDrums in style:NashBrushBalDbKEv16^1-a: Snare, HiHat , b: QuarterHat, TripletSnare Vocal: Kevin (Synthesizer V) I added: Piano from the Yamaha Genos
Re: Crash and Burn firesong Yesterday at 03:21 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ron...You and Dusty have done it again...another super song...I really dig Dusty's vocals (I hope I've said that before)...the harmonies are killer....you did a great job with the Ooh's...I agree that they're hard to work with but you nailed them ...love the acoustic, unplugged feel of the track...one of your best writes and productions IMHO...very nice!!
Replies 15 Views 285 Read More
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

The new Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac® adds over 20 new features!

We show them off in our video: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features

The Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Free Bonus PAK!

Along with the 50+ new features added with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, we've also released an awesome collection of new Add-ons! On top of the 222 new RealTracks (+50 bonus RealTracks), we've also released new MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, and two new sets of "RealDrums Stems."

Order Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac during our special (which ends July 31st) and you'll receive a Free Bonus PAK that includes a lot of these new Add-ons:
- MIDI Styles Set 88: "Look Ma! More MIDI 11: SynthMaster"
- Instrumental Studies Set 20: New Orleans Piano
- MIDI SuperTracks Set 40: More SynthMaster
- MIDI SuperTracks Set 43: Rock & Pop Keys
- Artist Performance Set 15: Songs with Vocals volume 5
- Playable RealTracks Set 3
- Playable RealDrums Set 2
- SynthMaster Sounds and Styles, with audio demos
- RealCombos 2024 Booster PAK:
*For Pro customers, this includes 35 new RealTracks and 58 new RealStyles.
*For MegaPAK customers, this includes 25 new RealTracks and 45 new RealStyles.
*For UltraPAK customers, this includes 28 new RealStyles.

- RealDrums Stems Set 6: More Pop, Rock & Country

Want even more new Add-ons? Boost your Free Bonus PAK to a 2024 49-PAK for just $49 and add even more new Add-ons to your collection:
- 50 Bonus Unreleased RealTracks & RealDrums
- MIDI Styles Set 89: "Look Ma! More MIDI 12: Funk, Jazz & Blues Keys"
- Instrumental Studies Set 21: '80s Hard Rock Guitar
- MIDI SuperTracks Set 41: Jazz Comping & Soloing Piano
- MIDI SuperTracks Set 42: Soul & New Orleans Keys
- Artist Performance Set 16: Songs with Vocals volume 6
- RealDrums Stems Set 5: Jazz, Latin, Funk & World

Listen to Demos of the Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK: https://youtu.be/ZezLjinyb-4

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Boot Camp: Working with the Newest Features!

Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac includes over 50 new features!

Watch our Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Boot Camp: Working with the Newest Features video, and follow along as we demonstrate how to create a new song from scratch using some of the major new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, like the Chord Progression Builder, the new MultiPicker Library Window, and the new Tracks Window!

Watch: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Boot Camp: Working with the Newest Features

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Videos: One-Stop Shopping!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, we're adding new videos to our YouTube channel. We'll also post them here when they are published so that you can easily find all of our Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® videos in one place!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac videos released as-of June 28, 2024 are:

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Everything you need to know in under 8 minutes!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - The New Tracks Window Explained

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - RealCombos Booster PAK Styles Demo

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - 49-PAK Overview

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - 222 New RealTracks Overview

XPro & Xtra Styles Sets On Sale Until July 31st!

Save up-to 40% when you purchase XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs before July 31, 2024!

The most recent XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box® 2023 or higher include additional Styles for Band-in-a-Box® that work seamlessly with your project. We offer XPro Styles PAKs that work with ANY Band-in-a-Box® package, and Xtra Styles PAKs for UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile users!

We recently released a combined total of 300 new Styles in XPro Styles PAK 6 and Xtra Styles PAK 17!

Each PAK can be purchased for $29: Order XPro Styles PAKs | Order Xtra Styles PAKs

The 100 new styles added with XPro Styles PAK 6 include 25 Rock & Pop, 25 Jazz, 25 Country, and 25 Progressive Rock! These add styles like funky soul jazz, uplifting pop-rock, 12-8 country ballads, hard and heavy progressive rock, '70s funk, dubby reggae jams, driving country rock, synth-heavy prog rock, and many more! Video: XPro Styles PAK 6 Demos

Xtra Styles PAK 17 adds 200 new styles to any Band-in-a-Box 2023 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile installation! You'll find 50 each for Rock & Pop, Jazz, and Country. What about the remaining 50? We've added them with a new category: World 1! In Xtra Styles PAK 17, you'll find styles like: laid-back pop country, mellow smooth jazz, '80s new wave, Caribbean reggae, '90s alternative pop, modern jazz fusion, funky Texas blues, Afro-Cuban grooves, and even mariachi-infused Motown... and more! Video: Xtra Styles PAK 14 Demos

Mac User? Click here for your announcement.

NEW - The Band-in-a-Box® 2024 VST DAW Plugin 6.0 for Mac®!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes the new VST DAW Plugin 6.0!

This new Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin has over 20 new features including near instant playback direct from disk, to audition various styles without creating WAV files. You can now load chords from MIDI files. There's support for Shots/Rest/Holds on Utility tracks, and more! For Reaper® DAW users, the Plugin has added built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

Every purchase of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® includes the VST DAW Plugin, and all Mac® upgrades are on sale until July 15th!

Save up-to 50% when you upgrade to Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® today - check out the different upgrade options here!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,336
Posts743,220
Members38,737
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
HonboneyJoe, Herringbone, //xtrdnryRNDTN, lukemanolenta, Manny P
38,736 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 117