Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Early Season's Greetings by Ember - PG Music @ 3 minutes 39 seconds ago

Being born and raised in Ontario, I have a lot of fond memories of going out and going for sleigh rides to sing holiday carols, and they were always trying to make these events on the farm bigger and better each year. I remember the even had an inflatable snow globe you could walk around the inside of at one point. Your song definitely gave me some serious nostalgia, so thank you for sharing it!
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Drum midi layout by MarioD @ 7 minutes 23 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: cqdHello all.. Just signed up.. Bought BIAB yesterday with a view to just using it to practice piano with, but I'm impressed at how powerful it seems.. I have a question.. Is it possible to change the layout of the midi for the drum tracks?.. Thanks for any help.. P I believe you are talking about drum maps; if I'm wrong let me know. BiaB's MIDI map is for GM drums; it has to be because BiaB uses the MIDI GM sound source. If you need/want a different drum map you must
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: Norton Style Demos by jford @ 18 minutes 48 seconds ago

Each file is anywhere from 2-8MB, with the resolution set for 128. Lower resolution should result in smaller files. But I've got plenty of hard drive space.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Early Season's Greetings by RnAM @ 19 minutes 30 seconds ago

Hello guys, We've been away for some years. Long story short: We moved to a new place, but because of the renovation we had to go a holiday park for 7 months. We've been working on a Leonard Cohen program (completely finished by now). It contains 20 songs and several video's. The music of most songs was done with BIAB but.... we are not "officially" allowed to post them because these are covers. We had a good thing going until corona. And, Rob is very busy making add-ons for Dragon
Songwriting
Jump to new posts Re: Why do "out of key chords" sound right? by cqd @ 19 minutes 59 seconds ago

Hi.. This is a secondary dominant.. B7 is V of E, which is V of A.. So a V of V.. You could also try a V of any of the other chords too.. Say V of ii, F#7 to Bm in A.. or V of iii, Ab7 to C#m.. V of vi is common too..So C#7 to F#m.. (All these examples are in A..)
Jump to new posts Re: Norton Style Demos by musiclover @ 26 minutes 18 seconds ago

Thank you John, that's good info to have. I have quite a few as well, didn't realise that there was a demo for each as I audition them over the chord sheet. I access then in stylepicker by going to Type---Midi and Other---user, they all come up no problem. Will have a think about doing what you have done, do the resulting files that you have created take up much drive space? Thanks again.
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Drum midi layout by cqd @ 31 minutes 14 seconds ago

Hello all.. Just signed up.. Bought BIAB yesterday with a view to just using it to practice piano with, but I'm impressed at how powerful it seems.. I have a question.. Is it possible to change the layout of the midi for the drum tracks?.. Thanks for any help.. P
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Jump to new posts Re: ADVANTAGES OF REALBAND OVER PG's COMPETITION. by Bob Calver @ 40 minutes 31 seconds ago

agreed the new 'all the same tracks' goes a long way to making BIAB a lot more flexible but the transparency of RB still makes it the natural place for me to go when the song has been roughed out in BIAB. With the RB tracks window you can see everything at the same time
Jump to new posts Norton Style Demos by jford @ 50 minutes 55 seconds ago

For anyone that has purchased Norton MIDI Styles sets (I've got 26 sets along with seven Hawkesford style sets, and getting ready to order the newest two sets), they all come with .sgu demo files, but do not come with .wma audio demo files. So in StylePicker, if you click on the audio demo for one of the Norton Styles (they all begin with "#" sign) or Hawkesford Styles (they begin with a tilde "~"), you get a "demo file not found" error message. So, I just copied
I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube
Jump to new posts Re: MINVAR by sixchannel @ 52 minutes 17 seconds ago

Aleck Rand?? Who? Oh, you mean Dale Crank!! Bests ian
Jump to new posts Re: Even vs swing? by MovingAir @ 55 minutes 26 seconds ago

I appreciate the input. Just to be clear: I'm no beginner. I've toured the world as a musician and have been doing this for 40 years. That's why I'm asking about the distinction here. That's not to 'blow my own horn.' That's just for clarification. There are also other things with BIAB that I've noticed: things like the labelling (or lack thereof) of double-time/half-time styles, etc. But the style thing seems to be to be the most pressing simply because if someone is looking for something with
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: A really really old song..... by sixchannel @ 57 minutes 34 seconds ago

Its matured well in that notebook of yours. A great song - decent tune (it does have a nice musical hook), good choice of RTs etc and brill lyrics. Back then did we really 'make love until the morning' ? 20/20 wishful hindsight. Loved the octaving in the guitar bridge.!! Cracker!! Best Ian
Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)
Jump to new posts Re: BIAB 2022 VST by MusicStudent @ Today at 11:44 AM

By the way, I just read this ... The S1 folks should be happy with this BIAB-VST love in 2022. Quote:One of the cool things that you can do with the BIAB plug-in is Shift+ drag the chord progression to Studio One's chord track and boom you have the progression in your DAW. Maybe the reverse direction is now working also?
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#Jim thanks, I think I figured it out! I took 3 bars, set 2 of them to 1 Beat at Bar setting and the last one to 2 beats and copied the chords. Works! NEATO... Very cool trick. Thanks
User Showcase
Jump to new posts A really really old song..... by Guitarhacker @ Today at 11:33 AM

THis is a song I wrote about 35 years ago.... I was thinking about it and decided to record it now. I am remembering the lyrics as best I can. I have it in a note book around here somewhere with some other oldies. THis is back from the days when the hook wasn't really clear in my writing. I called it Come and love me till the morning.....as well as Everything will be alright. The band: Bass 1268 Piano 1277 Drums P&W something or other. B3 my goto favorite 686 All guitars and vocals y
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: Real Time performance!!!!! by Matt Finley @ Today at 11:05 AM

Welcome to the forum. This, of course, has been requested. I think one reason it has not been implemented is that this is not what the program was designed to do.
Jump to new posts Re: BIAB 2022 VST by MusicStudent @ Today at 10:40 AM

OK, So all is working pretty much as it always has here, but I have moved on to BIAB-VST 4.0 (BIAB 2022). I still can move chord chart between Reaper, BIAB-VST and Scaler with only minor adjustments needed. Those occur when the nomenclature for the chord is not recognized by one of the programs. For example Scaler and Reaper both recognize Fsus4, but BAIB-VST does not know this sytex and leaves that bar blank. See if this picture is clear showning the same chord chart (started in Scaler) dra
These three videos go through quite a lot of the typed chord methods; Anticipations, Rests, shots, holds. Part1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD4QMmCZUZI Part2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST6C6FCREiY Part3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXIfbEPrYIo
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: ANOTHER WHITE CHRISTMAS: WITH OLIVER GANNON!!! by David Snyder @ Today at 10:33 AM

Thanks Floyd old buddy!! Happy everything to you as well!!
pages 93 to 97 of the 2022 manual deal with chord entry in detail.....i know its in english but its fairly straightforward
Best of YouTube
Jump to new posts up on the roof account by pghboemike @ Today at 10:11 AM

Thanks everyone for replying. Unfortunately the problem persists, in fact, it is worse than I first thought as the interference on the Soloist track affects any style , not just the one I was using at the time. To ensure there is no cross-contamination from other projects, I completely uninstalled the 2022 version, thoroughly cleaned out my system, re-downloaded the program and made a fresh install and made a totally new project. The piano crunching interference on the soloist track is definit
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: NEW SONG POST: Same Old Song by Rustyspoon# @ Today at 09:53 AM

Greg, Can't go wrong with Bossa, works very well with serious lyrical subject you tackle. Excellent tune in all respects. Beautiful poetry and tasteful vocals. Mix is A+ Thank you for sharing. Misha.
Jump to new posts Re: BIAB 2022 VST by Navid Syed @ Today at 09:45 AM

Originally Posted By: MusicStudentOriginally Posted By: Navid Syedthank you for trying to help me I am trying to do the opposite "drag the MIDI chords into BIAB VST" Only in Reaper! And only the "chord markers". The midi data does not move from Reaper, only the chord names. ok so update... I tried in reaper dragging the chords into reaper works marker are shown correctly but when trying to drag into BIAB 2021 VST it does not work for me please see the video, BIAB VST on
Jump to new posts Re: BIAB 2022 VST by MusicStudent @ Today at 09:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Navid Syedthank you for trying to help me I am trying to do the opposite "drag the MIDI chords into BIAB VST" Only in Reaper! And only the "chord markers". The midi data does not move from Reaper, only the chord names.
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 ... 18 19 >
PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Boot Camp: An introduction to 10 major features and new RealTracks!

We've made a great tutorial feature for 7 of the 10 major features of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows.
(the other 3 drum stems, track settings, and ReMix Vocal Songs will be covered in "Boot Camp, part 2/2" - coming soon!)

Here is Part 1/2: Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Boot Camp: An introduction to 10 major features and new RealTracks!

Table of Contents:
All Tracks are Equal 00:50
Playable RealTracks 9:00
MultiRiff 24:35
MicroChords 38:24
Motifs 48:51
Volume Node Automation 51:18

Coming soon in part 2:
Drum stems
Track Settings "One-Stop-Shop"
ReMix Vocal Full Songs
222 new RealTracks
1-Click Downloader/Installer

NEW! Xtra Styles PAK 12 for Band-in-a-Box®!

If you love our existing Xtra Styles PAKs, you'll definitely want to have a listen to our NEW Xtra Styles PAK 12, with 200 more fully-produced styles! 50 each for: Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and our new Blues styles option!

Video: Xtra Styles PAK 12 Demos

Order this month and save 40%! During our Xtra Styles PAK 12 special, which ends December 31st, all of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-12 are on sale for just $29 each (reg. $49)! Looking for more Xtra Styles PAKs? You can purchase our complete library of all 2,000+ RealStyles with the Xtra Styles PAK 1-12 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)! Learn more & order now.

Note: These Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® version 2021 or 2022.

RealBand 2022 is Here!

There are over 30 new features to RealBand 2022, including the ability to install multiple VST plugins from a folder at a time, improved Audio Chord Wizard detection routines, the ability to record mixer movement for the masters/subgroups, new Transpose/Stretch All Tracks dialog lets you transpose/stretch/reduce all tracks and then conveniently save to a new file, the new settings to save selected tracks only and exclude muted tracks when saving all tracks to individual files, the option to save all tracks to a compressed format, and much more.

RealBand is included in ALL Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases – during our special (which ends December 31st) to save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in RealBand 2022 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is here! There are 50+ new features, 222 new RealTracks(20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 12, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2021 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2022 packages during our special, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows.

Celebrate National Jukebox Day with Band-in-a-Box®!

Happy National Jukebox Day!
(November 24)

Don't own a Jukebox? Well, if you have Band-in-a-Box®, you actually do with the Jukebox feature!

What does the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox do?

Using the directory you choose, the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox will provide you with background music by continuously play the entire list of Band-in-a-Box® songs within that folder! There are many options for you to customize your Jukebox experience, including: Only Play song with melodies, Change Melody Instrument, Random order Playback, Audible Count-in, Harmony Settings, and more! Plus, the Jukebox will continue to play while you use other programs, providing your favorite music for continued background listening.

To learn more about the Jukebox feature in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, check out Chapter 5 of our online manual.
Mac Jukebox details found here.

Tell Us Your Favorite Band-in-a-Box Features

Did you know we have a My Favorite Things forum? We'd love it if you shared your favorite features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand there, along with what features you use the most and why - we absolutely LOVE getting feedback!

Take a peak at other posts while you're there - you never know... someone else's favorite feature might become yours too!

RealTracks Artist Pat Martino

We are saddened to hear of the passing of jazz guitar legend Pat Martino yesterday.

Pat was part of our RealTracks Artist "Jazz Pollwinners 2" series in 2014. You can learn about Pat and listen to his RealTracks contribution here.

Pat had been playing guitar since he was just 12 years old, and devoted himself to music in grade ten. On top of years of performing (he began playing professionally in 1961), Pat received many awards for his playing, including the "Jazz Legacy" Award in 2016 presented by Pennsylvania State Senator Vincent Hughes and his wife Sheryl Lee Ralph-Hughes.

Learn even more about Pat Martino when you visit his website, http://www.patmartino.com/.

Forum Stats
35217 Members
63 Forums
71769 Topics
625223 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
cqd, floridave, Rafi, Randy 51, lopez

35217 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jpettit 456
Matt Finley 251