Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: (Home) Before the Street Lights Come On by rayc @ 38 minutes 28 seconds ago

Cool but the Rhodes spinning across the headphones didn't really work for me. I THINK I'd have EQ the two basses rather differently from each other to avoid a bottom end build up - the kick drum doesn't seem to have much space. Very lively jazzy jam.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: We'll Never Leave The Alamo by rsdean @ 38 minutes 35 seconds ago

Vic, What a great folk song. Love your approach and delivery. Bob
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Streets of Gold by rayc @ 41 minutes 41 seconds ago

As always the perfect guitar tone and notes choices for the piece. I reckon the synth string patch could skip the intro...it's too bare there. It fits under the other instruments well though.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Recovery by rayc @ 43 minutes 35 seconds ago

Your voice does the job almost always. There're a few notes that could use support but those notes also add to the sincerity. Reaper's Reatune is a good, cheap place to tweak the vocals if you really feel the need.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: A world without killing others to survive by rayc @ 45 minutes 42 seconds ago

In a world where each living thing consumes living things in some for or another, with the exception of some plants and single cell critters, it is a cruel cycle. That the dominant damaging species destroys so much life for purposes other than needed food and shelter is demoralising. I applaud your philosophical bent and the music that you illustrated it with. Well done.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Light It Up by rsdean @ 48 minutes 28 seconds ago

Deej, We must be on the same wavelength this week - I was just about to post my new song "Light It Up" when I saw yours... I'll hold mine for now. LOL! Your song is excellent. Love the vocal and production. I really enjoyed everything about this one. Bob
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Light It Up by rayc @ 50 minutes 13 seconds ago

Deej, cool song. The main rhythm guitar seems to be pushing the beat - pushing for a change in tempo or emphasis which is achieved when the drums come in but I think you could co-ordinate those two better a chord change that goes along with the drum intro perhaps. Strong vocal,the room seems to have been eliminated, & melody. Well done.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Get Gone by rsdean @ 52 minutes 36 seconds ago

Derochette, thank you - much appreciated. Bob
Off-Topic
Absolutely sensational. Actually, I can never get enough of Foxes and Fossils, and when they deliver an Elton/Bernie song, well, that's the icing on the cake.
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: New Biuild Annoucements by Bob Calver @ Today at 02:04 AM

Also Andrew's updates have the whole history of patch changes which is useful. Callie just reminds us that a 'new' update is avaliable. Judging by the frequency we ask forum posters what version they have, Callie's 'new' header may mean more to some people than Andrew's dates and build number.
Off-Topic
"Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" - Elton John (Cover) Foxes and Fossils - In the style of Sara Bareilles https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avIx5Cj8-8U
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: BB Sounds Out of Tune with my Bb Instrument by Noel96 @ Today at 01:49 AM

Hi Stephen Thank you for your kind words about my 2018 post. I'm glad I was able to help. When you've solved this issue concerning tuning. Please create another thread and I'll see if I can solve the remaining MIDI issues you are having. (Sometimes luck works in my favour ) When it comes to understanding transposing instruments and BIAB, Matt Finley is one of the forums' gurus. I know very little about this area of BIAB. Compared to Matt, I'm a bit like a light bulb placed beside the Sun. On
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: MAGIC TOUCH by Henry Clarke @ Yesterday at 09:33 PM

Originally Posted By: GuitarhackerIt doesn't matter if you write top to bottom, inside to the out, upside down and backwards..... this works. Nice work. I can come up with easy listening jazz but I don't often pursue that genre because I don't write the words that work or sing it particularly well. You however, have done a good job on this. Hmmmmm ... Herb, Quoting you "it doesn't matter if you write top to bottom, inside out, upside down and backwards ..." I think there's a so
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Light It Up by Deej56 @ Yesterday at 09:14 PM

Hi, everyone: I’ve been doing a fair bit of listening of late . . . man, folks are knocking things out of the park. Some really great music I’ve been treated to. Thanks so much for that. I feel like I’ve been busy enough on the songwriting front this year (for me at least), but when I look back on what I’ve posted I’m on my usual song a month pace. Thing is, though, I’ve had some irons in the fire and a few tunes are coming together at the same time. So, with one song still act
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Tragedy by Deej56 @ Yesterday at 08:22 PM

Nigel, Like his one a lot—cool, jazzy feel with a great vocal. Love the sax and sweet harmonies. Terrific work on this. I am wondering if the vocals should sit back a it more in the mix—but if so, just a tad . . . see what others think. But regardless, sweet tune. All my best, Deej
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: We'll Never Leave The Alamo by Deej56 @ Yesterday at 08:22 PM

Hey, Vic: Good tune . . . I, too, like a story song (though I never seem to write them, LOL). And it’s an impressive write, Vic. I think I may have liked the vocal to come up a bit more in the verses . . . maybe . . . dunno. It seems muted or compressed in spots? Not as rich as your voice always seems to me. See what others think—it may just be my ears tonight. Enjoyed it! Well done! All my best to you, Deej
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Circles in Water by Deej56 @ Yesterday at 08:21 PM

James, I like this—definitely a departure for you, but adventurous . . . and that’s a good thing. For me this really took off when the high, flute-like synth kicked in. Prior to that the chord changes seemed a bit choppy fo me—and again after the synth stops. You definitely have something to work with here . . . I might suggest concentrating on having an overlay—like that synth—all the way through, but for a brief intro and outdo. Just one guy’s opinion, so take it as that and
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: A world without killing others to survive by Deej56 @ Yesterday at 08:21 PM

Derochette, Pretty arrangement—great use of the strings; love that bell running through with choir vocals. Great shift at around 0:48—nice production touch and touches throughout. I think I might have liked a change up somewhere in the middle of this piece—a bridge of some kind. But that’s a small suggestion to consider. Overall, a compelling piece! All my best to you, Deej
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Recovery by Deej56 @ Yesterday at 08:20 PM

SoundChaser, I like the write here a lot. The production has all good bones; The vocal is nothing to apologize for—sure there are a couple sharp/flat notes on the high end of your range, but it works and is heartfelt. Sometimes that adds more than a spot on vocal—and I think it does here. Nice work on this. Kind regards, Deej
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Streets of Gold by Deej56 @ Yesterday at 08:20 PM

F.M.M.: I’m not a fan of instrumentals generally . . . and I had my doubts the first couple of notes wondering if this would be my cup of tea . . . but then that piano kicked in and it was an welcome listen from there. Excellent guitar work on this. Yeah, this is a really good--so easy on the ears. Very well done! My best regards to you, Deej
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: (Home) Before the Street Lights Come On by Deej56 @ Yesterday at 08:19 PM

Tangmo: Really digging the vibe right out of the gate. Those bass lines are infectious—a dancing fool’s dream! That kick in with the horns at 0:58—very cool. And that guitar work starting at 1:58—killer! Excellent production throughout out—terrific and imaginative mix. Great stuff! All my best to you, Deej
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Runaway Heart by Deej56 @ Yesterday at 08:18 PM

Hey, Dave: Never too late to join a party! Glad you came and hope you had a good time! Appreciate the kind comments very much. My best to you, Deej
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
Jump to new posts Real drums cutting out in random measures by Tom Baldwin @ Yesterday at 07:52 PM

This is the latest bizarre and frustrating behavior I am trying to troubleshoot. I have a Jazz Waltz pIayalong I am working on. I started with the style picker for a Jazz Waltz, then substituted JazzWaltzTerryClarke3 in for the drums. During the "a" portion of this style, random measures are without drums on playback. It's always the 2nd bar of a 2-bar phrase that is missing. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I just downloaded build 423, on a 2019 MacBook Pro 16".
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: More curiosity about the people here by Planobilly @ Yesterday at 07:50 PM

Pierogi is a new word for me. I had to go look it up. My wife makes something like that based on the recipes I read. The best part was this quote...lol "While the origin of the pierogi is often under debate, the exact origin of the dish is unknown and unverifiable. It likely originated somewhere in Central Europe or Eastern Europe, and has been consumed in these regions long before any of the present political nations existed. Today, it is a large part of many Central European and Eastern
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
Jump to new posts Re: BIAB 2021 by stevenlynnhall @ Yesterday at 07:17 PM

newbie here... Can't I just use the Mac Daw plugin in logic with my windows usb hard drive (audiophile 2021) ? That would be the best as I really only ever use the real tracks with the daw app anyways in windows. Sorry if that sounds dumb, or like I'm trying to cheat the system, but I've put a lot of money into the windows version but really, really love my new MacBook Pro. Thanks, Steve
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >
PG Music News
New Update Available for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 today!

We've applied some updates to a variety of Add-ons, improved transcriptions and simple tags, resolved playback issues with MIDI tracks, and more. Plus, this free update adds the latest DAW Plugin 3.46!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Polish for Windows is Here!

Efektem naszej ciężkiej pracy w ostatnim czasie jest m.in. dodanie 80 nowych funkcji i wspaniałej kolekcji nowych dodatków i zawartości, które obejmują 202 RealTracks, nowe RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Studia Instrumentalne, Wykonania Artystów, dodatkowe RealDrums "Pojedyncze ", transkrypcje RealDrums, pakiet MultiStyles PAK 1, Pakiet Xtra Styles PAK 10 i wiele innych!

Nowych | Pakiety

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Dutch for Windows is Here!

We zijn bezig geweest en hebben 80 nieuwe functies toegevoegd en een verbazingwekkende collectie van nieuwe inhoud, inclusief 202 RealTracks, nieuwe RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumentale Studies, Artiest Uitvoeringen, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", RealDrums transcripties, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Stijlen PAK 10 en meer!

Nieuwe Functies | Pakketten

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Danish for Windows is Here!

Vi har haft travlt, og har tilføjet 80 nye funktioner og en fantastisk samling af nyt indhold, bl.a. 202 RealTracks, nye RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transsriptioner, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 og meget mere!

Hvan er Nyt | Pakker

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Update Available!

The latest Band-in-a-Box® 2021 update for Windows enhances the JukeBox, adds a "Set all tracks to this:" option to the MIDI import dialog, improves chord sheet view during playback, and more!

Learn more & download this free update.

Read the patch announcement.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Swedish for Windows is Here!

Vi har varit flitiga och lagt till över 80 nya funktioner och en fantastisk samling av nytt innehåll, innefattande 202 RealTracks, nya RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transcriptions, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10, med mera!

Paket | Vad är nytt

Update Your RealBand 2021 Today!

The latest version of RealBand 2021 is ready to download and add to your existing 2021 installation!

With this update we've addressed many user reported issues. We brought back the option to save mono WMA files, made Band-in-a-Box notation slurs visible in RealBand notation, decreased the frequency of warning messages about sampling rates, added program stability when selecting FlexASIO driver, and more!

Forum Stats
34229 Members
67 Forums
69051 Topics
592845 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
smith noah, Ajag, atreu73, guitarjimbo120, fjmusik

34229 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 202
Matt Finley 155