Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Poor Heart of Mine rsdean 1 minute ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dave, Chris & Marty, Wow! A new favorite! Chris sounds excellent with a perfect slow-burn vocal and some great piano lines. Love the arrangement and the mix as well. You and Marty sound great together. I really like your guitar parts here - I am getting some Santana vibes. Awesome stuff! Bob
Replies 1 Views 3 Read More
Poor Heart of Mine BlueAttitude 6 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Chris Spruit is back with us for this one, she wrote the lyrics, did the vocals, and plays piano. Lately we have been mostly focused on producing videos because we get way more listens on YouTube than any of the streaming platforms, but for those that prefer just audio there is an audio only link at the end of this post. I used Copilot to produce the images for the video, fun stuff!
The Band: RealDrums: BossaBrushesFull^1-a:Sidestick, Brushes , b:Sidestick, Ride RealTracks in song: ~686:Organ, B3, Background Pop Ev 120 (during the solo only) Chris Spruit: Piano and vocals Marty Straub (BabuMusic): Bass guitar I'm playing the lead and rhythm guitars. Mixed in Reaper with plugins from Izotope and Waves, mastered with Ozone11. Poor Heart of Mine (2024, Chris Spruit) Never knew how hard it came never thought that I could lose this game all 4 aces laid in line poor heart of mine POOR HEART of mine save this poor heart of mine Now that I know the jokers mind You're the one of the gambling kind my hearts back in the stack All the aces lost their jack POOR HEART of mine save this poor heart of mine Solo all the cards have been played All the possible moves were made Craving for the gamblers gain? Now I know the losing game poor heart of mine poor heart of mine Audio link: Poor Heart of Mine All comments welcome!
Replies 1 Views 3 Read More
THE GREAT SPACE DECEPTION - A Musical Journey Brian Johnston 16 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
A touch of guitar in the first part, but all SynthMaster thereafter (Rumble and [*****] links): https://rumble.com/v4wj4ir-great-space-deception-a-musical-journey.html https://www.[*****].com/video/FNg5WuyWlNQV/
Replies 0 Views 4 Read More
Re: [*****] or Get Off the Pot BobLMusic 31 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks for listening, Bob, and glad you liked the song!
Replies 18 Views 454 Read More
Re: WAVED GOODBYE BobLMusic 34 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Great song, lyrics and arrangement, Robert, and thanks for sharing! I think the world-weary quality of your vocals captures the feeling of the song nicely. I also liked the BIAB electroflutes instrument you used in the background.
Replies 26 Views 673 Read More
Re: Advanced Mode of Working with Biab Joseph Land 42 minutes ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
musocity: I have been reading and watching your submissions to the forum for a while now and you have really peaked my interest in using Reaper with BIAB. My question is where does one start the journey and can you suggest a starting place? I know that might be a lot to ask but where would you suggest to start. Thanks.
Replies 22 Views 2,210 Read More
Re: Another one - Frank IField Joseph Land 49 minutes ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Wow. Have not heard that song in decades. I do remember when it came out on top 40 AM radio. Dating myself again.
Replies 3 Views 98 Read More
Re: In-ear monitors, do you use them? Guitarhacker 53 minutes ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
The only place I ever played that had the ability for IEM was a church we attended. Being old school, I ran the axiom mix into a powered hotspot. Line out of the amp for the FOH with the amp tilted back so I could hear it over the orchestral instruments.
Replies 2 Views 24 Read More
Re: WAVED GOODBYE rsdean 54 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Izzy, Thanks so much. Bob
Replies 26 Views 673 Read More
Re: Using BIAB in various time signatures 5/4, 12/8, 6/8, 9/8, 11/4 etc. Bass Thumper 56 minutes ago Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by musocity
WTF can't be understood, that says it all. PG is stuck in it's time warp and technology warp . . . JUST LET GO AND DO THE RIGHT FRICKEN THING. . . "THE WRITING IS ON THE FRICKEN WALL, WAKE UP OUT OF THE FRICKEN TIME WARP"
Please, let's all be cordial, civil and professional. smile
Replies 72 Views 1,760 Read More
Re: Why own music? Guitarhacker 57 minutes ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Still haven't watched the video.... But based on the summary..... Own it. Buy the physical copy vs. Streams. Streams are convenient but with time, you tend to lose your paid for streams as you change devices or let your service go. I can pull my Iron Butterfly album off the shelf and take Innagoddadavida for a spin any time I feel like it or convert it to digital and put it on my device until I change devices and repeat the process..... If I own it.
Replies 6 Views 239 Read More
Re: I made a dream: Band In a Box on Linux justanoldmuso 58 minutes ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Gordon. loved the oddity comment...my wife says im an oddity...lol. would be a boring world if we were all the same. om
Replies 9 Views 2,841 Read More
Re: Crystal Lake (In the Rearview) BlueAttitude 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Ron, Man, another top notch song from you three! Great write, vocal, and arrangement. And a fabulous mix! Man, those drums sound fantastic. I really need to find the time to learn about this rear buss parallel mastering technique that you and David have been on about. Excellent, enjoyed!
Replies 16 Views 450 Read More
Re: Is PG Keeping Up with Things ? justanoldmuso 1 hour ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
all. fyi every time i look for apps for my tablet..they are quite simple and missing things i want. it would have to be a simple biab due to tablet architecture... which would i suspect frustrate users.... in essence a developer is limited by platform archifecture. bb has a huge amount of content to further complicate things. bb is not like one doing simple tasks like me typing this text on my tablet... i would love bb on my tablet...but there would be limitations that might annoy me. this is a no win situation for a developer....imho. an ipad pro is a very different more powerfull product than a 100 bucker tablet and also ten times the cost or more due to useing the fab new m cpu silicon. much as i like the new ipad...i cant just justify the cost particularly as i can buy all day powerfull refurb laptops for 200 bucks which will run bb and rb. my last refurb i did over 90 songs with. ran like a champ with ssd. my new mini pc with ryzen and m2 ssd is amazeing for 400 bucks. rb reports i can do over 200 tracks in a song. happiness. om
Replies 11 Views 361 Read More
Re: The Water and the Wine (w/Fresh Fire) BlueAttitude 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Wow, good song, Dan! Excellent write and arrangement. And Fresh Fire is doing a fine job for you, fabulous!
Replies 8 Views 223 Read More
Re: Guitars in Space BlueAttitude 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Cool stuff indeed! Quite the ride, Mario, enjoyed the listen.
Replies 16 Views 460 Read More
Re: That Man musician17 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Superb. I'm on my second listen - the first time I heard this, a few days ago, it almost floored me ... so I needed to take some time and hear it again, some other time (i.e. now). Someone above commented on the slow tempo. I agree - a great choice. It lets the music breathe. Stunning, dark lyrics. Beautiful, achingly sad and beautiful (at the same time) ending. The harmonic progressions are nothing short of inspired. And, coupled with your storyteller's voice ... wow. Also love the long-ish, instrumental ending ... perfectly suited to this song. Definitely one of your best, in every way.
Replies 21 Views 644 Read More
Re: It's been a couple of months ...Apparently. BlueAttitude 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Nice intro! Super bass and rhythm guitars. Lead sounds good (I listened to your updated mix) it could come up a bit in places for my tastes, but I probably mix mine too loud eek Sounds good already, looking forward to hearing how it develops.
Replies 9 Views 170 Read More
Re: Time Based Lyrics - How do you do this in RealBand? justanoldmuso 1 hour ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
J... you can also enter lyrics in rb notation view by pressing L. but yours is a volume conversion issue... what should rb convert ? only ms word ? Happiness om
Replies 3 Views 51 Read More
Re: In-ear monitors, do you use them? eddie1261 1 hour ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I used WAVS in-ears. They were 3D printed from 3 scans of each ear to fit my ears perfectly. You can order them with any of 3 driver configurations. They are the best this I ever had, FAR better than generic earbuds. When I had them in I could FEEL the band around me but not hear anything I told the monitor mixer to exclude. And I am not exaggerating. I had to watch the drummer count the songs in because I couldn't hear his sticks clicking. If everybody used in-ears you'd never hear feedback again. We opened for a band once who used no stage amps and no monitors. I stood side stage when they started and all you could hear was drums. When you walked out into the crowd you heard the music. Had they used electronic drums all you would hear is sticks hitting pads. I loved it!
In-ear monitors, do you use them? MountainSide 2 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
For those of you who play out live, do you still use floor or side fill monitors or have you gone to in-ear monitors? I have a set of Shure 215's but looking for something better....something with a flatter response rather than v-shaped. Something less muddy, clearer and with a wider sound stage. Lots of Chi-Fi options these days with KZ being one of the leaders. Some say these are way ahead of main stream offerings from the likes of Shure, Sennheiser, Mackie, Audio Technica etc. Lots of interest these days in dynamic drivers and balanced armature drivers. But what do I know? You guys have any thoughts? Jeff
Re: The Campfire Song Izzy 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Bob , Marty and Herb . Thankyou lads, I apprieciate your kind words.
Replies 6 Views 213 Read More
Re: Crystal Lake (In the Rearview) DC Ron 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ray, glad you enjoyed the nostalgia! I had to look up Wheatus. It's sometimes embarrassing how many well known acts have evaded my attention. Anyway, it took a while to sort through their top handful of their songs given how Teenage Dirtbag overpowered much of their stuff in the search engines. But...I really like them and their brand of power pop, and I think that much of what I'm trying to do musically on this song and others aligns with what they do. (They are of course MUCH better at it.) But I'm scratching my head at your "wrong genre" comment since I think Wheatus would be an aligned genre. It's not you, it's me. I've got a lot to learn for sure. THANKS again for the listen and reflection! That's why I'm here. smile
Replies 16 Views 450 Read More
Re: Time Based Lyrics - How do you do this in RealBand? MountainSide 2 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Couldn't find any way to enter lyrics in RB except to use the event editor and to it by time. Extremely tedious and time consuming at best. Found a free program called LivePrompter that at least lets me convert lyrics to text files and then have them shown along side RB. Using that program, I can vary the font size, scroll lyrics automatically either by time (slow or fast) or song measures...doesn't seem to be a way to scroll by tempo. But at least it's a start. If you're in a similar situation and need PC -based lyrics LivePrompter may help ( https://www.liveprompter.com/ ) Jeff
Replies 3 Views 51 Read More
Re: Skilled Saxophone Repair MountainSide 2 hours ago Forum: Best of YouTube Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Amazing level of craftsmanship! Guys like this must be really hard to find these days. Jeff
Replies 4 Views 221 Read More
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Happy Victoria Day! (Monday, May 20th)

We are celebrating Victoria Day on Monday, May 20th!

Our availability through this long weekend is:

Saturday, May 18: Closed
Sunday, May 19: Closed
Monday, May 22: 6am-6pm PT

www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,823
Posts737,737
Members38,595
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
dedlyfish, Tnfkd, eljayjay, tommy kissner, Namahi
38,594 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 176