Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Est-ce bien normal ? (Is this really normal?) Chris37 15 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks Bob, Nylon guitar brings sweetness and deepth to this jazz ballad.
Replies 8 Views 124 Read More
Re: Travelling Alone Dewmonte 21 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Dewmonte
I listened to your song "Travelling Alone," and it really struck a chord with me. The lyrics about life's regrets and the beautiful harmonies from Janice Merritt added such depth to the piece. Collaborating with Bud and the rest of the band clearly paid off, creating a truly emotive and powerful song. Music has this incredible ability to resonate with people on a deep level and help us navigate the complexities of life's journey.
By the way, if you ever find yourself needing a change of scenery or seeking inspiration for your next creative endeavor, you might want to explore some business class flight deals. Sometimes, immersing yourself in new experiences and cultures can spark fresh ideas and perspectives.
Replies 42 Views 5,064 Read More
Re: Foreign Correspondents DC Ron 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by rsdean
Ron, This is a killer song... So well written and produced. The mix is outstanding. D. A. Hughes is an awesome singer - great harmonies for sure. The harmonica was a very nice touch. Bob
Thanks, Bob!
Originally Posted by Torrey Bliss
Ron Very nice work! The mix sounds pretty good here! Love the vocals and bgvox harmony! Clever lyric content! You've done a fine job with this! Thanks, TB
Glad you liked it, Torrey!
Originally Posted by WaoBand
Wow! This is a really good song and rhythm track arrangement. It's a beautiful flow and D.A. Hughes has got a great voice, which is perfect for it. But I'd love to know what the lyrics are specifically about.
Chay, thanks for the listen! I'd love to know exactly what most of our song lyrics mean, but only know a few for sure. So I'm usually writing around my own interpretation. This one I interpret quite literally, recognizing there is perhaps a broader metaphorical interpretation as well. Glad you enjoyed it!
Replies 4 Views 33 Read More
Re: THIS OLD TOWN Torrey Bliss 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Torrey, fabulous write and production! Sensational vocals, too. Those BGVs and harmonies are like a masterclass in vocal arrangement though. Really next level stuff. Love it!
Thanks Ron for your kind words! TB
Replies 25 Views 292 Read More
Re: EZKeys2 loading time? MoultiPass 3 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
The bug is fixed in 2.04 Loading time in SO = 2 sec
Replies 7 Views 285 Read More
Re: PINK PANTHER Theme | double bass quintet TheMaartian 4 hours ago Forum: Best of YouTube Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by mrgeeze
Every year The University of Arizona holds a Double Bass convention the call "Bass Jam". This year they played an arrangement of the Pink Panther I'm guessing there were 50-75 bass players performing the tune. Powerful stuff. Low-Commotion if you will.
I am absolutely going to steal that spelling of Loco-Motion, the song by Little Eva from '62. Very clever! While on YT, listening to the song again, YT popped up this unbelievable cover version by Grand Funk Railroad.
Replies 4 Views 100 Read More
Re: Where's This Chord or That Chord ? musocity 5 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
This is just an RT RC piano in Reaper, it will do the same in Biab, duplicate the notes to where you need and they will become PRT notes that will play along with the audio. If I mute all notes except for the new ones I have added then load the RT piano sfz it will play that chord when playing back the audio track with the Sforzando midi track: [Linked Image]
Replies 4 Views 40 Read More
Re: Where's This Chord or That Chord ? musocity 5 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I think you can have it as an option whether to use substitutions or an Al Gore Rhythm that will choose the closest available chord if chord is unavailable, then add/mute notes using PRTs. I have done it by adding notes easy enough to play the audio and midi to get the new chord I want but you can't mute a note you don't want, only add, so you would use all midi notes in that case. If it chooses the closest chord with less notes, then simply duplicates a note or two to get the required chord playing the new midi notes along with the current audio notes, I think that might be the way to go. I can do this in Reaper by muting notes or duplicating notes. I don't think it will be that difficult to do, I will think about it some more and maybe post some ideas or if I get a script worked out to do it I'll post some demos. [Linked Image]
Re: "Obrigado Brazil" - Nylon Guitar latin style camog 5 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi WaoBand, thanks for your comment and for listening - you should hear the charango on the left in some parts of this mix, but it's fairly subtle! I have 2 charangos and a 2 ronrocos which I fell in love with years ago - Pablo Richter in Argentina makes superb instruments (www.pablorichter.com.ar), I acquired mine mainly for recording but play them regularly just for the unique sound! Glad you liked my tune, Cheers - Carl
Replies 26 Views 320 Read More
Re: Where's This Chord or That Chord ? Cerio 6 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
That would require a complete rewrite of real tracks algorithms, I guess, and I don't think it will every happen. But yes, it would be a tremendous improvement.
Re: BIAB won't playback cleanly SaxaBruce 6 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks Matt, Dan, and Musocity. The feedback and suggestions you've made were tried before posting, but I still appreciate your replies. Matt, I tried every buffer setting my interface would allow. No joy. I have 8 cores and 32GB of ram, SSD disk. It's a mean and fast machine. There's some good news: The BIOS has three options for HD audio: Disabled, Enabled, and Auto. I set it to "Auto" and booted into Windows. I did not install the Realtek audio drivers this time. After telling BIAB to use the "Headphones" (front jack) and not the "Speakers" (back panel) which appeared in my sound control panel and plugging a headphone cable into the front panel connector, problem solved! BIAB playback is clean. ASIO, WAS, MME = clean. 41k or 44K = clean. Time to set this thread to resolved. Going forward it seems there are two lessons learned: 1) still don't understand why BIAB expects the internal audio hardware to be present and corrupts the playback if it's not there. Has PG Music ever tried to recreate this issue? Does BIAB play cleanly on other PCs that have motherboard audio disabled? 2) Don't install the Realtek drivers that came with the MB, BIAB won't play cleanly if they're installed. Windows 11 uses it's own drivers and the Realtek drivers aren't needed.
Replies 7 Views 77 Read More
Re: Foreign Correspondents WaoBand 7 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Wow! This is a really good song and rhythm track arrangement. It's a beautiful flow and D.A. Hughes has got a great voice, which is perfect for it. But I'd love to know what the lyrics are specifically about.
Replies 4 Views 33 Read More
Re: Deya Flows [the Song] ~ 2 sung versions! WaoBand 7 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Torrey Bliss
WaoBand Listened to the first link listed only due to lack of time but thought it sounded super! The vocals here are really good and I also thought the great sounding guitar at around 2:12 was very effective! Overall, you have a pretty good sound here! Thanks, TB
Thanks Torrey! I still just prefer this version, but with the right replacement vocalist I'd post both online. The vocalist is a trained singer and has done backing vocals on at least one hit song.
Replies 6 Views 35 Read More
Re: Deya Flows [the Song] ~ 2 sung versions! WaoBand 7 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by rsdean
Chay, I also liked both versions, but if pressed for one or the other, I would prefer the Baroque version. I like the flow and pacing and the way the singer handles that arrangement. Very nicely done. Bob
Thanks for the response, Bob. I never met the vocalist and was actually prevented from communicating with her, which was sheer daftness, but she sung that 1st cycle/chorus of lyrics to another rhythm track. I was just sent a WAV file of the vocal track on its own, so it's just good fortune that that track fits all arrangements I've tried.
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Chay, enjoyed both of these! I personally enjoyed the baroque version more as it seemed more complimentary of the vocalist. But that could change with another vocalist. Know from previous posts and your generous responses to my questions that your songs are frequently (maybe always) part of a larger body of work and a "universe" (my term) within which this song will fit. So context is everything with deciding which version you choose and where you will place it. So sorry if this response is evasive. But either version could work! Good luck with your search!
Thanks for your response, Ron, but I didn't find it evasive. In a sense the song is part of larger body of work in that the Deya is symbolic of the divine feminine in a book of mine, but this song is specifically a tribute to the DF from my own experiences. For example the line "Flowing Lady Deya stilled my mind that day" refers to an experience I had in 2007 in which I awoke with the 'vibe' of the DF all around me and both my thinking and emotional body (not my feeling body) were 100% suspended for an entire day. I was able to do all usual daily things without having to 'engage my brain' and in that state of complete inner stillness I was able to write a tract about the Creation from the perspective of the DF and the event being an Act of Love. That tract I also want to convert to audio with a specific platonic lady friend speaking the words of the DF who has the perfect voice for it. Also re Wonderway being mentioned, that term's been with me since 1971 and the 'w' in =wAo= is the initial for that.
Re: Regenerate selected track BIABman 8 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Jim Fogle
I would lose all of that by resetting it, on the slim chance it would fix this problem.
Not true. Navigate to Options > Save Preferences As ... and a window opens that allows you to apply a name and save the current settings. When you want to apply the settings navigate to Options > Open Preferences. Also Band-in-a-Box has a safe mode. Safe mode tells the program to ignore your current settings and use the factory settings instead. This is all done in memory so after you've completed testing in Safe mode you can return the program to normal operation. How To Use Safe Mode Put a blank text file called safemode.txt in the bb\Preferences folder and then open the program. To stop using Safe mode close the program and rename or delete the blank safemode text file. When you open the program you will go back to using your usual settings.
Right I remembered that. I was down the Factory Reset rabbit hole suggestion a couple of weeks ago for another problem. It didn't work though. And it didn't work in this case when I tried it. frown
Replies 15 Views 178 Read More
Re: mMaj7 chords (audio) ThomasS 8 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Matt Finley
Great suggestion, ThomasS. The Brazilian composers of the 60s often wrote Cm6 in place of that F7. Gives it a more mysterious sound. [I know we are talking about the second chord, not the last]
Yes, any good jazz guitarist (and the Brazillians certainly are) might play a Cm6 when they see F7 on the chart. Or they might play Am7-5 (which has the same notes) because Cm6 and Am7-5 are the four upper notes of F9. When a bass is playing the chart, the combo result will be Cm6/F. Jazz guitarists who like to play all over the neck without open strings know how to play the upper part of any complex jazz chord with just with four notes, because they eliminate the root, which the bass has covered, and play the chord notes above the root. It has to do with the fact that a guitar, when you finger every note can best play four tones, not five or six (because without the thumb they only have four fret-fingers and without the pinky have four plucker-fingers.) Some big-handed guitarists can use the left-thumb to finger a fifth tone, or pluck five strings adding the pinky to the left-hand, but not all, so the four-upper-tone method of interpreting chords is quite common. It is useful to think this way in BB, so writing Cm6/F is sometimes cooler sounding than writing F9 or F7, because it keeps the F note out of the higher voicings, which clarifies the harmony. I do this with all kinds of complex chords, because, as an arranger that is often the way we write harmony parts for sections.
Replies 13 Views 282 Read More
Re: In These Times firesong 8 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks to all my friends for your kind comments and opinions...I appreciate them a great deal...Dan
Replies 13 Views 120 Read More
Re: Regenerate selected track Jim Fogle 8 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I would lose all of that by resetting it, on the slim chance it would fix this problem.
Not true. Navigate to Options > Save Preferences As ... and a window opens that allows you to apply a name and save the current settings. When you want to apply the settings navigate to Options > Open Preferences. Also Band-in-a-Box has a safe mode. Safe mode tells the program to ignore your current settings and use the factory settings instead. This is all done in memory so after you've completed testing in Safe mode you can return the program to normal operation. How To Use Safe Mode Put a blank text file called safemode.txt in the bb\Preferences folder and then open the program. To stop using Safe mode close the program and rename or delete the blank safemode text file. When you open the program you will go back to using your usual settings.
Replies 15 Views 178 Read More
Re: HereÔÇÖs a no-brainer ....install Cakewalk and the TTS-1 64 bit (free) Jim Fogle 9 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Bandlab just released version 2024.02 of Cakewalk by Bandlab. TTS-1 is no longer included. Per the release notes:
The TTS-1 synth is no longer installed by Cakewalk, by request from Roland. This product is no longer supported and has reached end of life. Older installed versions may continue to work but it is no longer a default for insert instrument.
Replies 73 Views 45,380 Read More
Re: Creating Guitar Leads From Finished Arrangements Jim Fogle 9 hours ago Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by King Conga
Why can't I add chords in the Chord View with any higher resolution than a 1/4 note? I need to enter a series of chords for a key change using 4 16th notes with ea. 16th having a chord. Pretty simple, but not for BIAB! I tried adding it in the PRoll view, but for some reason it didn't accept it.
What you want to use Band-in-a-Box calls Microchords. Microchords can do up to four chords per beat. To learn about Microchords press F1 to open the Help file, select the Search tab and type Microchords into the text box. The first entry tells you about Microchords and the second entry, Tutorial #34, teaches you how to use it.. +++ HERE +++ is a YouTube video that demonstrates how to enter Microchords.
Replies 26 Views 783 Read More
Re: Creating Guitar Leads From Finished Arrangements Jim Fogle 9 hours ago Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by King Conga
ANYONE:....I've been trying for 2 days to DISable the Style Picker in RB. I've right clicked on everything, but it just doesn't work. Support hasn't helped either. I Rt click on the Blue font that describes the Style, but all that shows up is the Undo/Cut/Copy/Paste menu.
It's not a right click, it's a left click in the black background to the left of the name.
Replies 26 Views 783 Read More
Re: 2023 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... Noel96 9 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dear Dr Gannon and Team, Thank you so much for including me in this year's awards. I first bought BIAB in 2006. At that time, I was really hesitant and wondered if I was going the right thing. Now, 18 years later, I can say wholeheartedly that my 2006 decision was the ultimate "best decision" I've ever made. BIAB opened the door to a whole new dimension of music-making for me. In all my years of using the program, I have never once stopped being amazed by its capabilities, and the gold-class service that PG Music has provided. In my experience, there is no better online company than PG Music and no better music-making programs than BIAB/RB. Thank you again! Congratulations to all the winners! ­čą│ ­čÄë ­čÖé --Noel
Replies 35 Views 1,485 Read More
Re: BIAB won't playback cleanly Matt Finley 9 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
A couple of comments after reading "Why is this happening with BIAB and not RealBand"? and "Exit BIAB and the signal is clean again." It appears you've tried different audio interfaces and drivers, but I didn't see a mention of buffers. For recording, I set that low, but for playback with no problems, I often raise it. This certainly applies to ASIO drivers; I'm not sure about WAS since that doesn't work on my system. And I agree you should stay away from the internal RealTek soundcard for any serious work. I have occasionally read comments here that say, "My DAW works fine, so why doesn't BIAB"? BIAB can load and run on a modest machine, but even though I haven't read any statement from the company saying this, I think the most recent version does seem to demand a lot more in computer resources if you have many tracks regenerating. This is something DAWs do not do. On a computer without many cores in the CPU to share the load as they now do, I could anticipate a problem.
Replies 7 Views 77 Read More
Re: Where's This Chord or That Chord ? Matt Finley 10 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Yes, I was hinting about that in another recent post. When the possibility of making our own User Tracks became available, I requested a more complex set of chords to play over for the type of music I write. That never happened and I dropped the project. I agree, with the Playable RealTracks, it should someday be possible for any chord to be reproduced even if not recorded by the artist in the making of a particular RealTrack.
Page 1 of 156 1 2 3 155 156
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Free Updates Available for PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 & RealBand 2024!

Using RealBand 2024 or PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024? Head to our support page for your free update!

RealBand 2024 Build 3 resolves the "expired program" error users were experiencing, along with a few other issues that were reported. It also adds the option to launch the Style Picker from the Tracks Window! Learn all about this patch and download it here.

A lot of what you see in RealBand you'll find in PowerTracks, as these are similar programs - so the "expired program" error was also occuring in PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024. Fortunately, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Build 3 resolves this!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,128
Posts728,851
Members38,356
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Kawasaki, EmilioMics, Wolfie, Rasforte, jdr24
38,355 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 187