Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
Jump to new posts Re: Mute instrument in B part by laurentbt1100 @ 51 minutes 40 seconds ago

Thanks a lot, I tried it and it worked. Great !
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: No-One But You by rayc @ Today at 01:40 AM

We have Vegemite & Marmite though the latter is far, far less popular. Like butter on bread it's the 'mites are a great success story of early introduction and continued use through family culture and salt addiction. Something has to be done with excess milk and the waste of the beer making process... James, it's familiar in that it comes with the "James Changes" but there's nothing hackneyed about the music or the lyric. You write from your heart and that is clear. Your turn of ph
User Showcase
Jump to new posts No-One But You by musician17 @ Today at 01:00 AM

I don't know if you have this in the US and in Canada, but, here in the UK, we have a food spread called Marmite. The idea is that people either love or hate Marmite. Nothing in between. So with this song. You may either say that it's a cliche', both harmonically and lyrically - same old chord progressions, same subject with the lyrics ... or you may perhaps, who knows, like it for what it is ... a somewhat sappy (haha) love song. Or, perhaps, my Marmite analogy is completely off, and you may j
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: Learning to Use Notation Window by Noel96 @ Today at 12:59 AM

Don, Thanks for posting the music. That helps a lot. The notation that uses two beats in a bar is a compound duple time. That is, a 2-beat rhythm where the beats are based on two dotted quarter notes. Notation in 3/4 is a simple triple time and when 3/4 is notated, it uses ties to help identify the the 1/4-note beats. (I'd imagine that you know this. I'm mentioning it in case others who read this post haven't come across this terminology before.) This arrangement (or song) looks like it might
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: I'LL SHINE YOUR LIGHT (A co-write with Ron Helm) by musician17 @ Today at 12:47 AM

I don't usually cry when listening to songs. I had tears in my eyes when hearing this one. On a second listen, gathering my thoughts somewhat: what is there to say? Beautiful lyrics, wonderful signing, a brilliant production overall. Yes, as some have said, a little Beatles-like influence can be heard ... but the song is beautiful, in any case. And that ending. Heartfelt and sincere. Hats off.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Come Back With Me by musician17 @ Today at 12:35 AM

10/10. A pro job, in every aspect. Seamless. Congratulations to you both.
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Some neat jamming at NAMM 2022 by AudioTrack @ Yesterday at 08:04 PM

Some great Ad-lib performing
I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube
Yes, and extremely well put together presentation. Very professional.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Come Back With Me by RnAM @ Yesterday at 07:43 PM

Tight and catchy tune! Great vocals. We particularly liked the bridge which was short but effective. Rob & Anne-Marie
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
Jump to new posts Re: No Sound when Auditioning in Style Picker by Andrew - PG Music @ Yesterday at 06:42 PM

If you actually navigate into the Style Demos Audio folder in Finder, outside of Band-in-a-Box, do you actually see the file _GUAJIRA.m4a, and if you double-click to play it, does it play in the default m4a player on your system? If not, could you press command+I on the Style Demos Audio folder (get info), and set the permissions to read and write for all, and click apply to enclosed?
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: A Rock Where You Can Stand (Blues Shuffle Gospel) by firesong @ Yesterday at 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By: raycThe vocal, & reverb on it, is SPOT ON for the style and theme. Ray...thanks for listening and commenting...I appreciate it...Dan
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: A Rock Where You Can Stand (Blues Shuffle Gospel) by firesong @ Yesterday at 06:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Janice & BudYou can’t go wrong with a swing/shuffle in our book! This blues gospel works great. Our mothers would’ve loved this song, both the performance and the message, as they often reminded us of the hardships they had endured and how much solace their faith provided. Excellent band, vocals and mix. Love that resonator guitar. Well done! J&B J&B...thanks so much for listening and for your comments...I'm a sucker for the resonator...and I take i
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: On A Dime (feat. Janice on mountain bike & Peter on guitar) by Janice & Bud @ Yesterday at 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By: floyd janeJ&B (&P), A super Rockin' Blues. Killer vocals (needless to say...say it anyway...). Peter does a superb job. (needless to say...say it anyway...). Mix is excellent (needless to say...say it anyway...). Love the video!!! (they get better with each new production) fj We are happy it all worked for you. And "super rockin' blues" is greatly appreciated as it could not better describe our production hoped for goals. Thank you mr jane!!!
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Originally Posted By: duongIt would be cool to be able to only freeze the bars section I want, instead of the whole track. Welcome to the forums. Good request, and one that I feel is certainly on the list already. +1
Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)
Jump to new posts Re: Reinstall: can't save songs to PC by Ember - PG Music @ Yesterday at 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By: ffreniereDear all - I recently had to replace the hard drive on my 2017 Dell Inspiron laptop, during which several apps were removed including BIAB 2016, running on Windows 10. So I plugged in the external BIAB drive, ran Disc 1 & ran all the prompts to install the software. The BIAB icon popped up on the desktop. But when I clicked it, I got all sorts of weird error codes, "dividing by 0," etc. So I went into the BIAB folder and opened it there. RealTrac
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: Learning to Use Notation Window by MarioD @ Yesterday at 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By: donojazz........ I tried importing into Musescore and it DID import easily. However, it came in as 4/4 time and I could not change time to 3/4. I only imported the melody staff. ............. In Musescore make sure that the pallets window is opened, i.e. view/pallets or F9 Click on the down arrow on the left of Time signatures in the pallets window. Click on 3/4 and drag and drop it on a new blank score right over the 4/4. Bring over your track. I hope this helps.
User Showcase
The vocal, & reverb on it, is SPOT ON for the style and theme.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: WE - the video by rayc @ Yesterday at 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's StormThe mix is perfect to my ears. Is it a new mix or just my imagination? I love what you did with the video. The footage meshes well with the song. Thanks Ez, A very slight difference in the mix I think.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: WE - the video by rayc @ Yesterday at 03:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#Ray, Cool video for this beauty. Probably one of the best mixed tunes I have heard by you. Very professional. Alison is a wonderful player, adds a deep layer of drama to this. Liked it! Thank you for sharing. Misha. Thanks Misha, The M.E. was happy with the mix.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: WE - the video by rayc @ Yesterday at 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By: firesongRay...the song is Bowie-esque and very haunting,,,the cello is magnificent...great track...cool video and great ending...very nice production! Thanks firesong, I've collaborated with Alison twice and her parts have saved both tracks from oblivion.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: WE - the video by rayc @ Yesterday at 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Janice & BudWell, we loved the song already but this video was great. The black and white vintage educational film with your face appearing and disappearing in the dark at just the right points gave us chills. The lonely, cold faraway look on the face of the star actress was perfect. Again, Allison ‘s mournful cello tugs at your heart. This was definitely worth the wait, Ray! J&B Thanks J&B, your support made the process easier.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: WE - the video by rayc @ Yesterday at 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: David Snyder Really great Ray. Fantastic video and love that cello. I loved seeing you performing as well. Really superb job all around. Thanks David, It moved forward significantly when I tried the suggestions you & Floyd made.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: WE - the video by rayc @ Yesterday at 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: floyd janeA good watch. A good listen. fj Thanks fj
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: WE - the video by rayc @ Yesterday at 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By: PROJECT MHello Ray cool video Fits really well to the song The cello sounds great and is well played Top work, Ray Many greetings Andi ;-) Thanks Andi, Yes, the capture & playing of cello, all Alison's work, is excellent.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: WE - the video by rayc @ Yesterday at 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By: RnAMThis is really great Ray. The cello, the metallic FX on your vocal, the black-and-white video. It all cumulates in a compelling (but eerie) experience. Rob Thanks Rob, The cello is the backbone of the song. I had used an RT cello in the draft versions and it was nice but having a person listen and create with the instrument is always going to be something extra.
Page 1 of 111 1 2 3 ... 110 111 >
PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac® Bonus PAKs!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2022 during our Mac special (ending July 15th) and you'll receive a Free Bonus PAK*!

What does the Free Bonus PAK include?
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 34: Blues Piano and Organ (9 MSTs)
-Instrumental Studies 16: Fusion Guitar Soloing (6 studies)
-Artist Performance Set 11: Songs with Vocals volume 1 (20 songs)
-RealDrums Stems Set 1 (20 RealDrums stems)
-MIDI Styles Set 84: Look Ma! More MIDI 7 (complete, 15 styles)
-Over 400 playable RealTracks (sfz sforzando files)
-RealCombos Booster PAK (30 New RealStyles, 26 Existing RealStyles, 109 RT's/RD's)

Want even more? Boost your Free Bonus PAK to the 49-PAK for $49 to add:
-60 Bonus RT/RD (20 more than in previous years)
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 35: All Guitar (5 MSTs)
-Instrumental Studies 17: Classic Country Guitar Soloing (6 studies)
-Artist Performance Set 12: Songs with Vocals volume 2 (20 songs)
-RealDrums Stems Set 2 (20 RealDrums stems)
-Look Ma! More MIDI 8 (complete, 15 styles)

Learn more...

*excluding the $49 version upgrade purchase.

New Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Add-ons are Here!

We're excited to say that we've just released some amazing new RealStyles with XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3 and Xtra Styles PAK 13 for Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows or Mac!

XPro Styles PAK 2 includes 100 fresh new RealStyles that will up the utility and fun factor of the Band-in-a-Box® Pro version by adding 25 rock and pop styles, 25 jazz styles, 25 country styles, and 25 folk styles! XPro Styles PAK 3 goes even further - not only is it packed 100 new RealStyles, it includes 35 RealTracks that are not included with a Pro or MegaPAK purchase - adding even more versatility to what these can do! Sink your teeth into 25 rock/pop styles, 25 jazz/funk styles, 25 country/bluegrass styles, and 25 styles featuring a mix of genres ranging from high energy electro swing to ambient grooves and everything in between.

With the new Xtra Styles PAK 13, we're going to make the number thirteen lucky again! There are 200 new RealStyles for Rock/Pop, Jazz, Country, and Singer-Songwriter. Some examples of what's included: Mellow soundtrack rock, Americana country lullaby, western swing big band, coffee house jazz waltz, jazzy jump blues, songwriter gospel ballad, fast indie rock, vintage clav funk, country pop march, and much, much more!

And they're all ON SALE until July 15th! Purchase Xtra Styles PAKs or XPro Styles PAKs for only $29 per PAK (regular price $49 each)!

Purchase XPro Styles PAKs
Purchase Xtra Styles PAKs
Learn more & watch our video demonstrations

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac is here!

There are 50+ new features, 222 new RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 13, XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Upgrade purchases until July 15, 2022 - save up to 50% when you purchase a Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2022 packages! For more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!), upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac.

How to: Opening Multiple Instances of Band-in-a-Box®

Did you know that you can have multiple instances of Band-in-a-Box® open on your computer? There was a conversation about this recently on our Forum, so we put together this video explaining how: Opening Multiple Instances of Band-in-a-Box®

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

How to: Replacing a MIDI Track with an Audio Track (RealBand)

Using RealBand and wondering how to replace a MIDI track with an audio track?

We show you how in our RealBand®: Replacing a MIDI Track with an Audio Track
video!

How to: Setup and Record with a MIDI Keyboard in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

Do you want to record your MIDI keyboard into Band-in-a-Box®, but aren't sure where to start? This quick video is what you've been looking for! How to Setup and Record with a MIDI Keyboard in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows.

User Guide: Working with MIDI

How to: Why Does My Song Keep Looping in Band-in-a-Box®?

Your Band-in-a-Box® song is looping, and you don't want it to - what do you do?

Fortunately, this is a program setting that can be adjusted - see how this is done: Band-in-a-Box®: Why Does My Song Keep Looping?

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

(Additional Song Preferences you might also find useful: Global Song Overrides)

Forum Stats
36229 Members
64 Forums
74895 Topics
657693 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
maihuongbeauty, jacy081516, duong, Giox, BandGuy

36228 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 266
zedd 188