Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Originally Posted By: Bob Calverjsut change the way you loook for updates.............lots of us do as part of checking the latest forum advice That is what I do. I've learned the "secret". But what about those who haven't? In the early 1990's, when there was a system update, I would call software vendors to ask if there was an application update; if there was, I would give them a credit card and they would mail me a floppy disk. This is 2021. Some software doesn't auto-update, som
Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)
Jump to new posts Re: Help with new GPU...what to buy by Matt Finley @ 2 minutes 4 seconds ago

Billy, I haven't bought a graphics card in over a decade. I don't need it. The reason is, for digital audio, the onboard graphics of my Intel CPU is fine. I don't do gaming, or video production. DAWs and BIAB don't require anywhere near the power by comparison to those activities. When I did buy graphics cards, I always used GeForce products, and I found them to be excellent.
RealBand
Thanks for additional clarification, Charlie
User Showcase
Jump to new posts New song: Cyanide & A Wedding Ring by Killer @ 12 minutes 37 seconds ago

Song two from my collection of scary songs, "Three At Midnight," ' Cyanide And A Wedding Ring Inspired by a conversation about why long-term partners suddenly marry when one of them is diagnosed with a terminal illness (a cheery li'l chat, I think you'll agree). Of course, it's about the money. It's ALWAYS about the money. Anyway, I came up with the phrase "Cyanide and A Wedding Ring" and made this Dave Edmundsesque jolly jaunty toe-tapping rocker from it. https://soun
Jump to new posts Re: Help with new GPU...what to buy by Planobilly @ 43 minutes 15 seconds ago

Yes, Steve...I can only buy what I can get. I got this as a temp. MSI Computer Video Graphic Cards GeForce GTX 1050 TI GAMING X 4G, 4GB $338 ASUS is sending me an RMA number for the Radeon RX570 and will replace it with a remanufactured card I assume. Around two weeks to get it back in my possession. I have no business picking up this heavy tower but I have no choice. I am running on the MB video at the moment until the temp card arrives in two days. The DAW is usable under these condition
Jump to new posts Re: Help with new GPU...what to buy by sslechta @ 58 minutes 31 seconds ago

All the cards I've purchased in the past have been EVGA NVIDIA cards. Very good quality and haven't had an issue with the last half dozen cards I've owned. Only problem now is that high-end video cards are impossible to get a hold of.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Mercy by CaptainMoto @ Today at 08:19 AM

Nice write, well put together and performed. Hope the character portrayed in the lyrics is not expressing your personal suffering. moto
jsut change the way you loook for updates.............lots of us do as part of checking the latest forum advice
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: C'est pas si facile (Funk) by CaptainMoto @ Today at 08:15 AM

Nice Funk ! Well done. moto
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: converting MIDI melody into Real Track audio? by Bob Calver @ Today at 08:14 AM

if you are playing the midi, presumably you have the expression and phrasing you want so its a good perfromance you just don't like the sound. what synth are you using? maybe a better synth would sound more like the real insrument you want. some midi synths don't sound realistic. if you use sforzando you can load some very convncing sounds into midi. what instrument do you want the midi to play and what synth are you using at the moment?
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: New Song - Open Door by CaptainMoto @ Today at 08:11 AM

Congrats on your debut. Rather unique presentation. The vibe I'm getting from that open door is, it's one of many in a fun house at a psychedelic circus. moto
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Boogie Man Blues by CaptainMoto @ Today at 08:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Torrey BlissCaptain, That's some creative bluesy stuff there! The vocal effects used are awesome! Take care, Torrey Thanks Torrey
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The Heart of the Matter by CaptainMoto @ Today at 08:03 AM

My My, what a tragedy. You've represented it well in your song. I wouldn't change a thing in your mix. moto
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Android Tablet Advice by Notes Norton @ Today at 08:00 AM

Originally Posted By: TheMaartian<...snip...> Isn't the Everglades the lightning capital of the U.S.? <...> One of the two different day jobs I had while investigating what it was to be normal (neither one lasted all that long) was working for the telephone company, back when all telephones were attached to wires. In the engineering department there was a map of lighting strikes across North America. The 'lightning capital' was an oval shape from Tampa Bay to Palm Beach with
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Solitude by CaptainMoto @ Today at 08:00 AM

That's BIG! I don't feel solitude , I feel more like sky gazing. Wonderful! moto
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: I Wish I Could Say by CaptainMoto @ Today at 07:54 AM

This is quite a eclectic presentation. I like the ever-present guitar riff and the drums sound great. moto
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: I Wish I Could Say by CaptainMoto @ Today at 07:54 AM

This is quite a eclectic presentation. I like the ever-present guitar riff and the drums sound great. moto
Jump to new posts Re: Help with new GPU...what to buy by Planobilly @ Today at 07:44 AM

Lots of hoops to jump through to get an RMA number from ASUS. PITB Billy
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Wasted by floyd jane @ Today at 07:35 AM

Originally Posted By: TuneMongerWell, this resonated strongly with me - for every song I post on the forum, I've written ten that are mundane and go straight in the can. Many of us here are older and watching our lives just pass us by. Gotta get those songs out, stay alive, keep the circulation flowing. Terrific song that many will relate to vividly. Thanks, TM. Keep it going... Originally Posted By: bluageTo Mr. Floyd Jane: Let's see...You say you got 'writer's block', but then you turn
Jump to new posts Re: There are too few modern synths by Charlie Fogle @ Today at 07:34 AM

<< I don't know how you create the MultiStyles+ ? >> There are two types of user created MultiStyles. One as a Master MultiStyle and the second is to create a song specific style that are saved as sub-styles to the BIAB working Style in the Chord Sheet and are associated to the BIAB Style name. It appears you want to create the Master Styles version rather than the song specific version. Using the Style Wizard, with seven sections, create and save 3 styles with A/B and drum fills
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: New Guitar...You got to keep up Eddie...lol by MarioD @ Today at 07:16 AM

Originally Posted By: justanoldmusoBilly/eddie/all ok ye geetar gods n geeks...got any opinions on the following geetar brands ? good or not ? my wife likes the colours..lol https://www.guitarfetish.com/Xaviere-Electric-Guitars_c_116.html https://www.guitarfetish.com/Slick-Guitars_c_496.html plus they sell lots of gtr parts etc etc. best om A couple of months ago I purchased a Xaviere P90 guitar. It can perfectly set up and sounds great. The neck fit my old arthritic hands perfectly. The
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Android Tablet Advice by rockstar_not @ Today at 07:12 AM

I had a nook color as my first android DNA tablet and then a Samsung galaxy Tab3. Amazon fire tablets are the cheapest. At one time they wouldn’t let you side load apps but my guess is that limitation is gone now. Here’s what I found with the Samsung: Android seems to obsolete devices more rapidly than Apple if you want the latest OS. So you have to be careful with that. For the existing iPad you have, run battery health and if it is truly bad you will see it there. I’m assuming you ar
Originally Posted By: Chantelle - PG MusicAlso, the "check for updates" feature inside of Band-in-a-Box is usually a build or two behind what is posted on the website. This is so there is a staggered rollout for the builds. So I could be waiting on a specific bug fix – which I am – and it could be ready and available but I won't get it by checking for updates until maybe a few months from now? I've been wondering why people keep getting told to check the website for updates when
Jump to new posts Re: Help with new GPU...what to buy by Planobilly @ Today at 06:43 AM

Has anyone used one of these? There are pretty cheap at $319. ASUS TUF Gaming NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 OC Edition Graphics Card (PCIe 3.0, 4GB GDDR6 Memory, HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI-D, 1x 6-pin Power Connector, IP5X Dust Resistance, Space-Grade Lubricant) Billy
You might want to type the name of the "song", and where it was "pulled up" from. so others here on the forum can help you troubleshoot the problem. Was the "song" loaded from the "Songpicker", or the "Stylepicker"?
Page 1 of 167 1 2 3 ... 166 167 >
PG Music News
A Look Back... Band-in-a-Box® 2015 NAMM Demonstration #TBT

Watch Tobin (and Charlie!) demonstrate Band-in-a-Box® 2015 for Windows at the 2015 NAMM Show: Play video...

Tobin does a great job of showing just how easy it is to create a song with Band-in-a-Box!

This video was posted on January 23, 2015 to the Keyboard Instrument Chops and Gear YouTube Channel.

Enhance Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Installation

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows users - update for FREE today!

We've added a new "record using" option within the Audio Settings dialog, and updated many existing features based on user feedback.

This free update also includes the most recent build of our DAW Plugin (3.9.12).

Learn more about this free update and download it today.

Ordering Your Band-in-a-Box® is Easy!

When you order any PG Music products directly from www.pgmusic.com (or www.bandinabox.com) you'll receive immediate links to start downloading your order! Even if you choose to have a backup copy of your Band-in-a-Box® packages shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - no need to wait!

We've made it even easier to get started with Band-in-a-Box® with the Easy Payment Plan 4 - when you choose this payment option you'll pay four equal monthly payments starting on the day of your order.

Choose your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows package & order here.

Using Mac? Order here.

When you get to the checkout, simply click on Select Easy Payment Plan 4 for this product to apply this option.

Note: This only applies to this Band-in-a-Box product, and does not apply to other products that you might have in your order, including the physical backup copy if selected.

Band-in-a-Box® File Associations

You may have noticed when you were installing Band-in-a-Box® for Windows that you were asked if you would like to Associate Band-in-a-Box songs and styles with Band-in-a-Box? But, what does that mean?

It's actually pretty simple - basically, if you select this option while you're installing the program, files with the extensions .SGU, .MGU, and other Band-in-a-Box files will open directly in the program if you select them from outside the program.

Missed this option during your setup, but you'd like to apply it now? Go to File | File Utilities | Associate File types with Explorer within the program.

New Update for RealBand 2021 Available!

Do you use RealBand (included in all Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases)? Download the latest free update, which resolves a small viewing issue for Windows 11 users.

When you download the latest update for RealBand 2021, it will add all the updates we've made this year. See the full list here.

Ear Training Games in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

October 1, 2021 is National Kids Music Day!

Head to the Practice Window in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, and you'll see fun games that are fun ear training options for kids: Music Replay & Pitch Invasion.

Of course, you don't have to be a kid to like these games, I think there a fun way to learn at any age!

Music Replay is just what it sounds like - the program plays a 1-bar melody, and the user plays it back. Get it right, and you'll keep building that melody (and skill) within the game - get it wrong, and you'll be met with a warning tone and have to try again... it's quite addictive, and a lot of fun!

If you like a classic arcade game, then you'll love Pitch Invasion! We've managed to incorporate aliens with pitch-recognition skills in this exciting game, where you'll match the pitch of the alien ship descending towards your planet trying to destroy your collection of instruments - match the pitch and you've saved your instruments, make a mistake and the ship keeps coming... you'll have a few tries to get it right, if you're quick, but if all your instruments are destroyed - it's game over! The game speeds up as your skills improve, and you'll earn points along the way, with bonus points available throughout the game.

Open up your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows today to give it a try!

These ear training games are also included in Musical Arcade for Windows.

How to Make Backing Tracks with Band-in-a-Box®, by Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® endorsing artist Nick Kellie recently got his hands on the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac, and put together this video showing off just how easy it is to make backing tracks in Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box Demo - How to make backing tracks

Forum Stats
35020 Members
66 Forums
71327 Topics
618862 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
trumpetisking, Ariana, kevinmcan, alberov, alex466

35020 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 262