Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
UserTracks Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: Get up offa that thing by sslechta @ Today at 06:17 AM

+1
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Pipeline. as you know i highly respect your efforts and great ideas....and fully support them. but as i was a coder/programmer in a past life.... i was thinking like a pg developer might. eg do you have any ideas how a developer might protect a user from him/herself who decides to set up a project studio but decides, to save money, to use auntie bessies old hand me down pc thats a poc. that runs at 1ghz, with a junk slow hard drive...and then at the same time as all the clocking is occurring t
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: One Song won't transpose. Several other songs do transpose. by Chantelle - PG Music @ Today at 06:02 AM

If VideoTrack's suggestions do not work for you, you could email your song to support@pgmusic.com for our technicians to look at and see if we could find the cause. Also, the "check for updates" feature inside of Band-in-a-Box is usually a build or two behind what is posted on the website. This is so there is a staggered rollout for the builds.
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: converting MIDI melody into Real Track audio? by Chantelle - PG Music @ Today at 05:58 AM

Because RealTracks are made from live audio recordings, they cannot follow MIDI messages. Their individual notes/rhythms also cannot be edited in the Notation window or PianoRoll. They are only automatically generated by Band-in-a-Box or RealBand software.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: "It's Nothing Special" by justanoldmuso @ Today at 05:51 AM

Ghostgum. re reaps. if you dont want the sophistication... and a more simple reaps environment, there is a trick. try version 2. or just before version 2. you can dload from reaper.fm. then it'll be more akin with a big ole studio tape machine , but with the advantage of unlimited traks and plug in useage, and still lots of editing features. i can happily do a song in these early versions still. whats happened is...reaps has a worldwide user base now; so the big boy studios after initially poo
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: PROJECT M presents THE SHINING SKY by PROJECT M @ Today at 05:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Charlie FoglePretty ballad and nice arrangement and production work. Enjoyed my listen. Charlie Thank you very much. And that's what it's all about, after all. Many greetings Andi ;-)
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: PROJECT M presents THE WAY WITHOUT YOU by PROJECT M @ Today at 05:20 AM

Thank you Charlie. I am glad to hear that. Thank you very much. Andi ;-)
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: converting MIDI melody into Real Track audio? by MusicStudent @ Today at 05:15 AM

No, that is not how RTs work.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The VIDEO as expected if not anticipated. by Charlie Fogle @ Today at 05:13 AM

Very good song arrangement, production and performance. The video was also well done. Charlie
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
This is how it is at the moment: Re: ADVANTAGES OF REALBAND OVER PG's COMPETITION. Originally Posted By: Marty Ricciotti... So right now I make tracks in BB then export. When I need some more instruments I open BB again and then export more tracks. I have the BB vst loaded in Reaper but I only use it their for the track settings and following the chords when I play along. I don't like the way the BB vst needs to generate a set of tracks to your temp folder that you have to go and clean out. B
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: PROJECT M presents THE SHINING SKY by Charlie Fogle @ Today at 05:01 AM

Pretty ballad and nice arrangement and production work. Enjoyed my listen. Charlie
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: PROJECT M presents THE WAY WITHOUT YOU by Charlie Fogle @ Today at 04:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Greg JohnsonVery pretty song, and very passionate performance!!! Really emotionally moving!!! Great job with everything!! Take care. Greg Originally Posted By: NigelSpiersHi Andi, The song sounds quite promising - however the vocals are very far back in the mix. I would like to hear a remix with the vocals up front and the treble taken off them. Best Regards Nigel I listened to the song on SoundCloud and didn't have any issues hearing the lyrics. I agree
User Showcase
Jump to new posts PROJECT M presents THE SHINING SKY by PROJECT M @ Today at 04:56 AM

"He who lives in the memory of his loved ones is not dead, he is only distant. Dead is only who is forgotten." - Immanuel Kant - Listen to THE SHINING SKY I’m still surrounded by the darkness and it seems like yesterday iI's like a never ending process I am here and you are on the way And there is still so much that I want to telling you but I think you already knew it long ago I am now looking up to the shining sky Want to get out of the dark no longer wants to asking why
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: Easy Audio Edit by Charlie Fogle @ Today at 04:49 AM

<< If you could move and crossfade them easily you could have the sustain going into the next chord: >> With both Utility Tracks and the Audio Editor Track, BIAB already automatically crossfades and the duration of the crossfade can be manually adjusted by users so it's possible with some experimentation this can be done. BIAB's automatic crossfade isn't as precise as your demonstration but I wonder how BIAB would handle the sustain using its automatic crossfade? An alternate meth
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The VIDEO as expected if not anticipated. by rayc @ Today at 04:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Greg JohnsonGood song, and well done video Ray......appropriately disturbing! Song is very good and the production is also very good quality!! Nicely done!! Take care. Greg Thank you Greg.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Hometown Refugee ("performance" vid) by Janice & Bud @ Today at 04:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's StormWow! That was something else. Fantastic song both musically and lyrically. One of my favorite vocal performances from Janice. You have an eye for the poignant images that mesh with the song. I found the video almost just as gripping as the song. Thank you for all. Images that mesh with the song was our hoped for goal. We much appreciate you mentioning that! J&B Originally Posted By: dcunyI like this one a lot. Janice's vocals are stellar, as alway
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The VIDEO as expected if not anticipated. by rayc @ Today at 04:39 AM

Originally Posted By: CaptainMotoHarsh reality unveiled. Like an extended P.S.A. Worth the effort. moto Thanks Cpt Moto, the reality is that I strung together a bundle of PSAs I suppose.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The VIDEO as expected if not anticipated. by rayc @ Today at 04:38 AM

Originally Posted By: floyd janeray, A great sounding track. A well-written song. Tough subject. And a video of disturbing images. Video is well done, too. Keep it up. fj Thank you sir.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The VIDEO as expected if not anticipated. by rayc @ Today at 04:38 AM

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitudeGood job on this, Ray! Some very disturbing images, but they fit the song perfectly and it's a message that needs to be told. Only suggestion would be to leave that violence against women banner that comes up at 4:04 on the screen a little longer. Thanks Blue, I tried to hold the banner but it doesn't last in the original source...I tried to create a separate image but don't know this new software well enough yet.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The VIDEO as expected if not anticipated. by rayc @ Today at 04:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Rob4580Hi Ray. That's a tuff subject to work with. All sounds good from my end. Well done sir. Rob4580 Thanks Rob.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Coffee And Fireflies by rsdean @ Today at 04:22 AM

Rob and Anne-Marie, Good to hear from you again. Thanks so much. Bob
User Showcase
Jump to new posts LARRY CARLTON SMILES AND SMILES TO GO JOY MINAAI by Sironedragon @ Today at 04:11 AM

LARRY CARLTON SMILES AND SMILES TO GO JOY MINAAI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri4s1PauaxI band in a box 2021
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone here use LANDR by Charlie Fogle @ Today at 04:10 AM

I've used the company in the past to master a song. I've no experience with their other services. It doesn't sound like a great deal for the mechanical license if that's the main reason to maintain a membership unless you license several songs a month. Charlie
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Way off topic - security ?s by Charlie Fogle @ Today at 04:03 AM

Or, you could just get some 'real' security.... EDITED to keep post musical... This security will make a culprit sing a new tune
Page 2 of 167 < 1 2 3 4 ... 166 167 >
PG Music News
A Look Back... Band-in-a-Box® 2015 NAMM Demonstration #TBT

Watch Tobin (and Charlie!) demonstrate Band-in-a-Box® 2015 for Windows at the 2015 NAMM Show: Play video...

Tobin does a great job of showing just how easy it is to create a song with Band-in-a-Box!

This video was posted on January 23, 2015 to the Keyboard Instrument Chops and Gear YouTube Channel.

Enhance Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Installation

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows users - update for FREE today!

We've added a new "record using" option within the Audio Settings dialog, and updated many existing features based on user feedback.

This free update also includes the most recent build of our DAW Plugin (3.9.12).

Learn more about this free update and download it today.

Ordering Your Band-in-a-Box® is Easy!

When you order any PG Music products directly from www.pgmusic.com (or www.bandinabox.com) you'll receive immediate links to start downloading your order! Even if you choose to have a backup copy of your Band-in-a-Box® packages shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - no need to wait!

We've made it even easier to get started with Band-in-a-Box® with the Easy Payment Plan 4 - when you choose this payment option you'll pay four equal monthly payments starting on the day of your order.

Choose your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows package & order here.

Using Mac? Order here.

When you get to the checkout, simply click on Select Easy Payment Plan 4 for this product to apply this option.

Note: This only applies to this Band-in-a-Box product, and does not apply to other products that you might have in your order, including the physical backup copy if selected.

Band-in-a-Box® File Associations

You may have noticed when you were installing Band-in-a-Box® for Windows that you were asked if you would like to Associate Band-in-a-Box songs and styles with Band-in-a-Box? But, what does that mean?

It's actually pretty simple - basically, if you select this option while you're installing the program, files with the extensions .SGU, .MGU, and other Band-in-a-Box files will open directly in the program if you select them from outside the program.

Missed this option during your setup, but you'd like to apply it now? Go to File | File Utilities | Associate File types with Explorer within the program.

New Update for RealBand 2021 Available!

Do you use RealBand (included in all Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases)? Download the latest free update, which resolves a small viewing issue for Windows 11 users.

When you download the latest update for RealBand 2021, it will add all the updates we've made this year. See the full list here.

Ear Training Games in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

October 1, 2021 is National Kids Music Day!

Head to the Practice Window in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, and you'll see fun games that are fun ear training options for kids: Music Replay & Pitch Invasion.

Of course, you don't have to be a kid to like these games, I think there a fun way to learn at any age!

Music Replay is just what it sounds like - the program plays a 1-bar melody, and the user plays it back. Get it right, and you'll keep building that melody (and skill) within the game - get it wrong, and you'll be met with a warning tone and have to try again... it's quite addictive, and a lot of fun!

If you like a classic arcade game, then you'll love Pitch Invasion! We've managed to incorporate aliens with pitch-recognition skills in this exciting game, where you'll match the pitch of the alien ship descending towards your planet trying to destroy your collection of instruments - match the pitch and you've saved your instruments, make a mistake and the ship keeps coming... you'll have a few tries to get it right, if you're quick, but if all your instruments are destroyed - it's game over! The game speeds up as your skills improve, and you'll earn points along the way, with bonus points available throughout the game.

Open up your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows today to give it a try!

These ear training games are also included in Musical Arcade for Windows.

How to Make Backing Tracks with Band-in-a-Box®, by Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® endorsing artist Nick Kellie recently got his hands on the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac, and put together this video showing off just how easy it is to make backing tracks in Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box Demo - How to make backing tracks

Forum Stats
35020 Members
66 Forums
71326 Topics
618859 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Ariana, kevinmcan, alberov, alex466, RickCoburn

35019 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 262