Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: New song: Secrets And Lies (Ken Lasaine on guitars) Noel96 8 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Wayne. Wow! This is really engaging in every way. I love the lyrics. You've come up with some great lines and rhymes that flow really well. The arrangement and production are excellent. It's a great groove, a real toe-tapper! Kudos to Ken, too. His guitar work is a perfect fit. I enjoyed everything about this. --Noel
Replies 3 Views 36 Read More
Re: WALKING COUNTRY SONG_David Snyder Noel96 8 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi David. This is great stuff. Your lyrics are jam-packed with imagery and the production is jam-packed with musicianship. As I listened, it was like a video was playing inside my head. Kudos on the chorus, too. It's fantastic. I love the rhyme structure. It's two enthusiastic thumbs up from me! --Noel
Replies 4 Views 51 Read More
Re: In The Evening (feat. PeterF) Janice & Bud 8 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
Every song you guys have on Spotify is on my Favorites Playlist. Man, I really love this one. Heard it a bunmch and always feel it's too short. Yet it is so long on goodness. Love the stuff Peter added, and Janice is... well, my all-time favorite. Bud, you are the mixing and mastering master for sure. Everything sits so perfectly. Man, these lyrics are quite special. They are a stroll, as is the melody --the whole thing invites an evening stroll.
Thank you Marty. We had hoped that you would enjoy this one. The positive nature of it reminded us someone! 😀 All you wrote is much appreciated! J&B
Replies 25 Views 457 Read More
Re: One Night In Broken Arrow rsdean 10 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Floyd, That is one of the best reviews that I have ever received... It means a lot - thanks so much. Bob
Replies 22 Views 263 Read More
Re: WALKING COUNTRY SONG_David Snyder DC Ron 11 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
David, very inspired. Great singing and playing, and the song is wryly funny but catchy. Masterful work here... "Ah girl I’m gonna make it Take every heart and break it" Ha!
Replies 4 Views 51 Read More
Re: New song: Secrets And Lies (Ken Lasaine on guitars) DC Ron 11 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Wayne, this sounds like a nice slump breakout to me! Fun song, and it sounds great. Ken provides great support. He RIPS that solo off, and it's placed well in the arrangement. Nice one!
Replies 3 Views 36 Read More
Re: One Foot in Heaven DC Ron 11 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Fred, cool song! Hell to pay indeed. Sounds great!
Replies 2 Views 46 Read More
Re: Sixtonian floor dance DC Ron 11 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Mike, groovy, baby! Think you're ready for the Austin Powers reboot. Sounds great!
Replies 2 Views 24 Read More
Re: Klezmer style - Freilach or bulgar sebigbos 12 hours ago Forum: Add-ons and UserTracks for Band-in-a-Box Jump to new postsJump to new posts
thanks for your answers. I think I'll try to build a fitting style on my own. I'll tell when I'm successful smile
Replies 8 Views 178 Read More
Re: Sophia Loves V3 WaoBand 13 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
A song that builds up nicely, even if I think it's too long, especially the intro. I would have started just before the piano at 1:32, and at 6 minutes you'd still have a long song. But I mainly write pop songs in the 2-3 minute range, so who am I to complain? However, it's a good song with a good selection of solo instruments, well arranged and nicely mixed, and enjoyable to listen to.
Thanks for listening and responding. I think when it comes to the length of a track it really depends on when you're listening ~ the zone you're in, the place, time and vibe. I mostly listen to this at the end of a long playlist and I'm totally in the zone for it. I've commented before that I'v heard albums and singles I've just not felt anything for, then on another day I find I'm in the zone and what previously bored me I next think is excellent.
Replies 29 Views 583 Read More
Re: Blue Guitar - Remix - Spirit Level aka Robert C and Scott C WaoBand 14 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I'm running out of things to say! But this is a great track with ace instrumentation, plus that guitar work is superb. Good video, too.
Replies 10 Views 82 Read More
Re: SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST WaoBand 14 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Engaging song from the start on all levels. Though "the fittest" are the species which can best adapt to their changing environments. So humans come in bottom of the class. 
Replies 14 Views 224 Read More
Re: SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST camog 14 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
You nailed it Elliott - powerful delivery/arrangement and production! Pro stuff - very well done!! Best, Carl
Replies 14 Views 224 Read More
Re: Change of Times, by Hans (me) and Anne-Marie WaoBand 14 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
The instrumentation and production in this song are excellent. The Anne-Marie vocals are first class.
Replies 25 Views 589 Read More
Re: Better Then Never camog 14 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Great job Marty - you really worked hard on this one, fab mix & production!! Best wishes, Carl
Replies 6 Views 53 Read More
Re: Better Then Never WaoBand 14 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Yet another really excellent song Marty! The main verses, chorus and arrangement all flow perfectly together. I really liked the video, too, as each image went so well with the individually lyrics.
Replies 6 Views 53 Read More
Re: Are You Getting Ready? camog 14 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Beautiful recording and production Dan - very well done!! Best, Carl
Replies 8 Views 114 Read More
Re: Are You Getting Ready? WaoBand 14 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Great production here. I particularly like the chord structure and arrangement. SynthV vocals really work on it.
Replies 8 Views 114 Read More
Re: "Guitar Love" - (country ballad/instrumental) camog 14 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Dan - very pleased you liked my gentle instrumental ballad, thanks a lot for your very nice comments!! All the best, Carl
Replies 6 Views 76 Read More
Re: One Night In Broken Arrow WaoBand 14 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Great song with really interesting lyrics. Really liked the rhythm track and slightly eerie vocals.
Replies 22 Views 263 Read More
Re: In The Evening (feat. PeterF) WaoBand 14 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Great song, lyrics, vocals and arrangement. Janice is always impressive.
Replies 25 Views 457 Read More
Re: The Dance with Destiny, original busking tune WaoBand 14 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Very cool. Good lyrics and very nice of the piano and electric guitar.
Replies 5 Views 93 Read More
Re: The Dance with Destiny, original busking tune DonnyGee 15 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Donny, cool funky groove, great guitar and vocals by you. No cheesy at all. Sounds ready for the rotation to me!
Hey hey DCRon, thanks again for all the love. While I have always played lead or shared leads etc...in this case, the BIAB soloist, RealTracks in song: 3443:Guitar, Electric, Soloist BritPsycFunky Ev16 100, was so good, I just let him/her play. I just played some rhythm; it went well into the set so far. E Minor is not my key for singing, obviously, but I am practicing some scales. Thanks again. Donny G
Replies 5 Views 93 Read More
Can barely hear recorded audio debitspread 16 hours ago Forum: RealBand Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I just installed RB 2021, after having used BiaB for many years. In BiaB, I created a tune, then tried a test recording of me playing clarinet. Everything sounded fine. Then I opened the BiaB file in RB (with no Audio track) and tried to record again. I heard the clarinet track, but just barely because the volume was so low. After trying a few times, I noticed that level bars on the RB track looked fine... until I accepted the track. That's when I saw that the saving of the track squashed everything down to a thin green line. Is this the result of my driver settings? Any guidance that you have would be much appreciated. Steve
Replies 1 Views 37 Read More
Re: Common rhythms MarioD 19 hours ago Forum: Woodshedding - Learning to Play! Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Very interesting. I have play many of those rhythms but never knew the names of them! Thanx for sharing.
Replies 2 Views 48 Read More
Page 2 of 121 1 2 3 4 120 121
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,578
Posts734,630
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai, Tony1234
38,498 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 193