Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Lyrics getting simpler, repetitive, angry and self-obsessed Janice & Bud 04/04/24 08:43 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Replies 12 Views 273 Read More
Re: Band in the Box 2024 v.1109 surprises ari 04/04/24 08:28 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Fogle
<< 3. For bass I chose Hi-Q Upright Acoustic Bass 'N'. No Midi patch. 4. When I came back to Mixer I noticed that BiB had changed the Track name 'Bass* to 'Piano 1'.>> What happened between 3 and 4? When you chose the Hi-Q Upright Acoustic Bass 'N', that assigns the Midi .tgs patch from Sforzando. It appears that when chose the midi instrument, it didn't load for some reason. So, I assume you are saying that exiting the Select Midi instrument menu, the Mixer displayed the default Piano 1 rather than the Hi-Q instrument you chose. I can duplicate your selection result by clicking on No midi patch which you may have inadvertently clicked at some point. That selection is directly below the Hi-Q instrument selection so even a slight mouse movement could have shifted away from your selection choice.
----------------------- Sorry, I should have written more precisely. So what usually happens to me with BiaB goes like this: When I write my own bass part in Midi, I do it first on Melody track or Soloist track and then copy/move it to the (frozen) Bass track and select this Hi-Q Upright Acoustic Bass 'N' for instrument. When returning back to arranging I (usually) notice that BiaB instead of the Hi-Q. sound plays an ordinary GM patch sound. In order to avoid that happening I started to use this routine: I select the Hi-Q. .tqs patch and by returning back I click the option 'Select no Midi patch'. I don't know where I got it but that ensures that no ordinary GM patch will be used by BiaB. It has been my habit so long time that I have not even tested if it's necessary or not any more. And yes, usually these problems are caused by user errors but - I'm sure - not this time. Anyway it's nothing of a serious problem. Actually not a problem at all. Maybe a little nuisance.
Replies 13 Views 575 Read More
Re: LIST OF USB AUDIO INTERFACES THAT ARE "MULTICLIENT ASIO" Matt Finley 04/04/24 08:14 PM Forum: Post your own Tips and Tricks here Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by BlueAttitude
It makes sense that lower impedance would be louder, basic ohms law.
Right, very close. It's like Ohm's Law but applied to alternating current.
Replies 31 Views 3,205 Read More
Re: Who knows about preparing MIDI files for a carillon? Matt Finley 04/04/24 07:20 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thank you all for your efforts! I really didn't expect others here to be interested in a carillon, and I appreciate it. I'm going to Mark this Resolved since I've received some info from the head of their tech support. I have to say, it differs from some of what was posted here (not your fault, of course). And, I haven't been able to return to do more testing yet. Once I do, I'll make another post to try to close the loop. etcjoe, can you tell me where you found the info you quoted in your first post? In general, they claim there is no User Manual because they market it as being so easy to use on the console itself. Nonsense. There is a lot of technical info and I had to dig for it. The answer to a question as simple as "what is the type of connection for a monitor speaker in the same room as the console", is unknown without removing the back panel. Answer: XLR line-level output. My source said, use MIDI Type 0. That alone may account for why my test files didn't work; I assumed MIDI Type 1. They didn't know anything about a SYSEX file or any kind of info required to be in the MIDI file. Total news to them. That's why I want to find out where the material etcjoe quoted came from. My source also told me the carillon plays MP3 files. That's a surprise. I found this out when I asked if there were built-in test-tone files so I could verify if our 40-year old speakers are blown (I'm pretty sure they are). He suggested I make my own test file as an MP3.
Replies 12 Views 309 Read More
Re: My friends have gone away Brad Williams 04/04/24 07:18 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Cool production. The type of song that makes you sit back and think a little. I also hear some Doobies in there. By the way, neat video too. Brad
Replies 28 Views 570 Read More
Re: LIST OF USB AUDIO INTERFACES THAT ARE "MULTICLIENT ASIO" BlueAttitude 04/04/24 07:12 PM Forum: Post your own Tips and Tricks here Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I just checked mine (Sennheiser HD598), impedance is 50 ohms. The 2i2 has no problem driving those, as I said I rarely run the volume more than 50%. It makes sense that lower impedance would be louder, basic ohms law.
Re: JUDITH SAID by Janice & ray with help from Bud & Bandhi Brad Williams 04/04/24 07:10 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Welcome back Ray, and I'm glad you're feeling better. I really liked that line, "long term love fits like a glove, but deadends the touch." Very creative writing! Brad
Replies 48 Views 1,154 Read More
Re: "Floating Dreams" - (chill instrumental) Brad Williams 04/04/24 07:03 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Great smooth sounding tune Carl, and the production is top notch. Very impressed. Brad
Replies 12 Views 205 Read More
Re: In my brain Brad Williams 04/04/24 06:56 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hey there Chris, I've worked with David once before too - he's great to work with, and you made a good choice. At first I thought the nylon guitar could use a bit more reverb, but as the song progressed, I'm not so sure. You may have already played around with that. Brad
Replies 10 Views 232 Read More
Re: Bob and I on 3-24 Brad Williams 04/04/24 06:52 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I can almost see the smile on your face as you guys were recording this. Great jam. I think a little percussion would add a lot too, but that may not be the feel you're going for. Regardless, it was cool to have you bring us into the room to listen to you guys pick a little. Brad
Replies 28 Views 592 Read More
Re: Cool CBS interview with WV native Sierra Ferrell Callie - PG Music 04/04/24 06:46 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I noticed that too - but I did an online search, and it looks like it's on the CBS site: https://www.cbsnews.com/video/sierra-ferrells-unconventional-journey-to-new-album-trail-of-flowers/ I don't actually know if it's the same clip that is in the YouTube video though. -Callie
Replies 5 Views 192 Read More
Re: "Peerless Blues" - (featuring Peerless Cremona) Brad Williams 04/04/24 06:46 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Man Carl, I sure like your style. This has a great sound. It's a bit longer than a lot of the instrumental stuff I've been hearing lately, but I sure like it. It sounds very professionally put together and I really enjoyed the write as well as appreciated the musicianship. Brad
Replies 18 Views 606 Read More
Re: Surprise: Encore may be back Matt Finley 04/04/24 06:37 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
- Just bumping this thread to report that nothing new has happened yet. The website still states that Encore 6 will be released in Winter 2023. Whichever hemisphere you are in, that's over. The 'development' info that was so promising has not been updated since fall 2022. We can still hope.
Replies 44 Views 7,658 Read More
Re: "Peerless Blues" - (featuring Peerless Cremona) camog 04/04/24 06:32 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Very happy you liked it Laurent - thanks a lot for letting me knows! All the best, Carl
Re: Band in the Box 2024 v.1109 surprises ari 04/04/24 06:24 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thank you for your reply Rustyspoon#. I just installed the latest update 1111 and at least the render problem seems to be corrected now. The mixer auto renaming is just a small nuisance. Not a problem really. So if this new update proves more stable than 1109 I'll be happy.
Replies 13 Views 575 Read More
Re: LIST OF USB AUDIO INTERFACES THAT ARE "MULTICLIENT ASIO" Matt Finley 04/04/24 06:21 PM Forum: Post your own Tips and Tricks here Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Yes, the impedance of the headphones makes a difference in the volume. The lower the impedance, the greater the volume. It's interesting that some of the high-end headphone interfaces like my Grace m900 prefer higher impedance cans, which I use, sort-of. My Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro are 250 ohms, not at all high but high enough that some headphone amps won't give enough volume.
Re: The developer sitting on the fence. Matt Finley 04/04/24 06:15 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Gordon Scott
A few words on this also from a developer's perspective. I'm pretty sure that when PGM started using Delphi it was sold and seen as an upgrade to whatever language they used before ... I guess Borland C or Borland Pascal as Delphi was then produced and sold by Borland as an upgrade to a fourth-generation language..
I get what you all are saying, and I support Musocity's suggestion that it could be good to bypass the bbw4.exe. Gordon, I think you are correct that Pascal was the programming language first used for BIAB, but I cannot offer support for that statement; it's just a long-ago memory. That made it a natural move to Delphi. I always loved programming in Pascal - such an elegant language.
Replies 28 Views 1,110 Read More
Re: "Easter songs" - How come that's not a thing? Matt Finley 04/04/24 06:08 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Well said, etcjoe. I was trying to explain something similar.
Replies 13 Views 340 Read More
Re: Bob and I on 3-24 MarioD 04/04/24 05:49 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by firesong
Mario...this is why jam is better than jelly...jam has the chunks of real tasty stuff in it....a very enjoyable improv...good stuff.
Thanx so much Dan.
Originally Posted by laurent4114
Hello Mario. There's nothing like old friends to make great music. Laurent
You got that right! Thanx for listening to our little jam.
Re: The developer sitting on the fence. musocity 04/04/24 05:45 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
If you just watch the intro of the video it explains:
Replies 28 Views 1,110 Read More
Re: Copyright violation or licensed and ripped? Matt Finley 04/04/24 05:36 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
This is such a gray area, now made more difficult by AI. But this practice of adding your own melody to a chord progression is normal, legal, and old. As mentioned, it's also a great teaching aid. For example, there are lots of tunes using the chords to I've Got Rhythm. More than a few of PG Music's own demo programs, that are themselves copyrighted, are based on the chord progression of a popular song. I recall reading somewhere that a list existed, but I don't know if that's true. Besides, while I could spot some of the jazz or Bossa Nova tunes, I wouldn't have a clue in many other genres, so the person who made such a list would have to be a master of all music. Now you can have Frank Sinatra sing your song (and the estate is not happy about this). With court cases delving into the nuances of just one song, and musically ignorant juries weighing in, the effort to determine what is a violation of copyright becomes quite a challenge.
Replies 8 Views 336 Read More
Re: "Peerless Blues" - (featuring Peerless Cremona) laurent4114 04/04/24 05:11 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
the sound is just great. professional work. very pleasant to listen to. laurent
Re: Bob and I on 3-24 laurent4114 04/04/24 05:07 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hello Mario. There's nothing like old friends to make great music. Laurent
Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today! Callie - PG Music 04/04/24 05:06 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® for free with build 1111! With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more! Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111
Replies 0 Views 415 Read More
Re: In my brain Chris37 04/04/24 04:49 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thank you Mario and DC Ron. smile
Replies 10 Views 232 Read More
Page 79 of 112 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 111 112
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,635
Posts735,292
Members38,522
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ely Bass, Barking, SYOTR, Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy
38,522 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 181