Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Post Op update.... 3-31-24 (hopefully not TMI) eddie1261 04/02/24 01:42 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
So Herbapalooza 2025 may happen!! Rest and recover, my friend.
Replies 17 Views 500 Read More
Re: Bob and I on 3-24 BabuMusic 04/02/24 01:40 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Man, you gotta start charging admission to your Sunday jams, Mario. You and Bob have so much fun and in shows in the music. I like Bob even more now since we both don't play with a pic. His approach really brought out the relaxed feel of the progression, and that fretless is always a good choice in your hands. The violin was an interesting intrusion that was also most welcomed.
Replies 28 Views 591 Read More
Re: Some Songs BabuMusic 04/02/24 01:34 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
I always like songs about songs, and yours is no exception, Marty. I _slightly_ disagree with some lines (memories of the bad times also come alive in some songs and are also worth mentioning), but that's just my darker side showing. LOVE your vocals (I can hear the smile on your face), and your band sounds really good. 2 thumbs up [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Thanks for that suggestion, Brain. I thought of writing more about ALL kinds of songs, the good, the bad, even the polkas, but wanted to keep the song short. So i concentrated on the good stuff. Maybe my dark side could make a song about the bad times of our lives. wink
Originally Posted by firesong
Wow Marty...a fiddle and an acoustic guitar (it gives me chills)...I love it!...so, this is different and again shows the eclectic and muti-stylistic mind of a mad-man ( I mean genius of coarse)...I love the topic, the sentiment and the gist of the whole thing...so keep writing them, producing them and singing them for us...PLEASE!
Cool, Dan. Glad it got to your chill center. wink Maybe a coarse madman would be a better moniker for this old dude. Still, ain't grumpy yet though. Seriously, thank you so much.
Originally Posted by Brad Williams
Great song Marty and loved your choice of instruments. I thought the melody really shined and fit the words well. It drew me in right from the start - way to go. Brad
Thanks, Brad. You, sir, have written some really fine songs, and I'm glad you like this one.
Originally Posted by Elliott Kayne
Really good idea ... a song about songs. Nicely sung, and backing track. Great mix and production
Thanks, Elliott. Much appreciated.
Replies 23 Views 546 Read More
Re: Trouble Or Fun vicarn 04/02/24 12:12 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Nice to hear you rocking it, Floyd. You have such a great vocal tone. Vic
Replies 34 Views 1,043 Read More
Re: Bob and I on 3-24 vicarn 04/02/24 12:06 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Sounds like you're enjoying life, Mario. Relaxing tune. Vic
Re: Bletchley Park Bass Thumper 04/02/24 11:56 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
Well crafted piece, both musically and technically. Your music a delight to listen to and Churchill was a nice touch and apt reminder for today. Is their a message in the Morse code?
Hey Storm, I always appreciate your reviews. Many thanks. Extra points for decyphering the code wink
Replies 34 Views 1,233 Read More
Re: Post Op update.... 3-31-24 (hopefully not TMI) musiclover 04/02/24 11:36 AM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Good to hear you are on the road to recovery Herb.
Re: Post Op update.... 3-31-24 (hopefully not TMI) Charlie Fogle 04/02/24 11:27 AM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Glad to hear you're doing well and on the mend Herb. I'm sure you'll be enjoying training your dogs again soon.
Re: Old Memories - A Song I Threw Together For Ronnie Fields & Tom Adams tommyad 04/02/24 11:21 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Alan, I’m glad I stopped in this morning. Thanks for your kindness. Not many can put together an instrumental with your degree of competency. I was lucky enough to have had a few interactions with Gene Fields. He was a wonderful and caring man who was well respected in the steel guitar community. He fixed a problem I was having on a steel that he had built and I had bought used. He paid the shipping and talked with me quite a while. Who does something like that? He worked with Leo Fender for a while and was the designer of the Starcaster. It was Fender’s answer to the Gibson 335. Thanks to all the who mentioned me in the comments. A great way to start my day! Tom
Replies 21 Views 666 Read More
Re: Music from the Soul BlueAttitude 04/02/24 11:20 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by laurent4114
The blues are still there. beautiful guitar solo Laurent
I never stray too far away from the blues wink Thanks!
Originally Posted by David Snyder
Great work Dave and Marty! Love this. It has a real Santana feel to it. Nice chops y'all!
Wasn't intending it to sound like Santana, but I played a lot of his songs back in the day. Some of that style stuck I guess wink Thanks!
Originally Posted by Al-David
Dave & Marty, Another super song and production. All the expected excellence from both of you shines in this great song. Love the tone on the lead guitar! Marty's bass just the right amount of punch. A great example of excellence in music. Take care, Alan
Appreciate that, Alan!
Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
The lyrics say it all. Superb musicianship at both the low and high end. The lead sings from the soul. Wowza!
Thanks, Scott!
Originally Posted by firesong
I love songs about songs! This is so well done! I think we all can identify with the sentiment but not many of us can express it so well...I really liked your vocals on this one Dave...expressive and genuine...really nice!
Really appreciate that, Dan!
Originally Posted by jannesan
Music straight from the soul, and from the heart, you really tell what you are doing. I can feel how those guitar notes are directly connected to your soul. Great work with the vivid video that paints that soul on the canvas of musical realm. Excellent use of Marty, BIAB instruments and the drums sound really good. I enjoy to hear your singing, there's something very warm and personal. I don't usually listen to much blues, but I could listen to Blue Attitude all day. Janne
This is possibly the nicest review I have ever received, thanks, Janne, you made my day!
Replies 32 Views 848 Read More
Re: My Spirit; Live busking Track laurent4114 04/02/24 11:19 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Great atmosphere at JJ Cale. Very good. Laurent
Replies 8 Views 183 Read More
Re: what you need to know about writing and singing the blues Joseph Land 04/02/24 11:15 AM Forum: Songwriting Jump to new postsJump to new posts
And remember what Bob Dylan said, "But nobody can sing the blues Like Blind Willie McTell"
Replies 11 Views 1,614 Read More
Re: My friends have gone away laurent4114 04/02/24 11:12 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by WaoBand
A very worthy theme, which us old-timers will relate to. One of my oldest friends of 5 decades passed on last October, while younger and older ones passed before him, all remembered with love. I also really like the guitar lead in this.
Thanks WaoBand for the comments. It’s a theme that becomes more present with age. Laurent
Originally Posted by Chris37
Bonjour Laurent, La répétition des 2 accords du début est particulièrement bien vue et les variations mélodiques autour sont maîtrisées. L'ambiance qui se dégage de cette chanson est vraiment très originale.
Merci Christian pour tes commentaires le début est venu tout seul à la guitare et après j'ai brodé autour de ce motif. Laurent
Replies 28 Views 569 Read More
Re: what you need to know about writing and singing the blues Joseph Land 04/02/24 11:11 AM Forum: Songwriting Jump to new postsJump to new posts
You absolutely cannot sing the blues if you have a hang nail. If your arm got taken off by a 'gator down in the delta, you can sing the blues.
Replies 11 Views 1,614 Read More
Re: Old Memories - A Song I Threw Together For Ronnie Fields & Tom Adams BlueAttitude 04/02/24 11:07 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Good stuff, Alan! I knew the trivia about Tom, but not about Ronnie. Cool!
Replies 21 Views 666 Read More
Re: Bob and I on 3-24 BlueAttitude 04/02/24 11:00 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Nice little jam, Mario! Violin sounds great. I like Bob's style, very melodic.
Re: Trouble Or Fun BlueAttitude 04/02/24 10:56 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Floyd, I always enjoy the times you rock out a little, you do it really well IMHO. For my tastes I would bring up the B3 a little, the guy doing the solo parts. Bring him up to the same level as the solo guitar, especially when they are trading licks. Good song, enjoyed!
Re: Advanced Mode of Working with Biab musocity 04/02/24 10:18 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
If you want to work in Biab directly and still want to transfer to Reaper, you can have Biab running in Plug-In mode so it's always on top of Reaper, then you can work simultaneously in both apps. Once you hit Reload Tracks it will instantly update the GUI with any new tracks or track changes that can be instantly transferred into Reaper: [Linked Image]
Replies 19 Views 1,855 Read More
Re: Please help with this simple User survey AudioTrack 04/02/24 10:12 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by musocity
Well you got 7 responses so far though the PG forum has been pretty dead for some time, if it was a Reaper forum there would be 100's of responses.
Dan, this might get much better attention in the Off-Topic forum. I don't normally ever visit this particular forum page, as I don't use the VST plug in. I only stumbled upon it here by accident.
Replies 15 Views 438 Read More
Re: Please help with this simple User survey AudioTrack 04/02/24 10:01 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Cakewalk by BandLab N/A
Replies 15 Views 438 Read More
Humble Pie - back using Ozone for mastering camog 04/02/24 08:17 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I've been struggling to get my tracks to play back at similar volumes (had a little dig at Ozone last week for sounding 'digital') - was using T-Racks Max for the past couple of years, lately a little voice told me to try Ozone again! All my level problems solved in one go - plus a bit of el guitar distortion fixed on track 4 "Quiet Nights In", here are the links to my most recent re-finished 5 tracks: https://carlmogensen.bandcamp.com/track/1-for-kay-soft-mellow https://carlmogensen.bandcamp.com/track/2-jenny-americana-instrumental https://carlmogensen.bandcamp.com/track/3-obrigado-brazil-latin-nylon-guitar https://carlmogensen.bandcamp.com/track/4-quiet-nights-in-chill-nstrumental https://carlmogensen.bandcamp.com/track/5-still-lakes-chill-instrumental Thanks to the frequent mention here on the forum of Ozone - and thanks again to all who listened and posted very nice comments on these tunes!! Now keenly awaiting BB 2024 Mac!! Carl
Replies 2 Views 71 Read More
Re: Trouble Or Fun Al-David 04/02/24 07:55 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
HI Floyd, Nice country rocker! Another gem - just like all the others. Like B.D., I think the drums could use a little more "pop" - but that's simply a personal opinion - feel free to ignore. Di always finds it easy to ignore me - so I have experience with being ignored!! As you know, I walk the halls of BIAB and pop into a few rooms I'd never been in before. I sometimes find something interesting! It's quite a maze to explore. BIAB a gift worth many times its price. Sometimes trouble can go hand-in-hand sometimes! Cool song - great presentation! Take care, Alan
Re: Black & Blue NigelSpiers 04/02/24 07:55 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Charlie, Thanks for your very generous comments and glad you enjoyed the song. Best Regards Nigel
Replies 31 Views 1,077 Read More
Re: Bob and I on 3-24 Al-David 04/02/24 07:47 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Mario, That's a real nice listen! Nice guitar work - and some terrific backing tracks! Nicvely dione! Best to you, Alan
Re: She Can't Drive A Stick Shift Al-David 04/02/24 07:45 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Dewey, Nice country song! Liked it a lot. My former wife actually occasionally raced on a dirt track back in California. Pretty mean with a stick! the chorus is really catchy - nicely done! Take care, Alan
Replies 10 Views 229 Read More
Page 86 of 112 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 111 112
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,635
Posts735,270
Members38,522
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ely Bass, Barking, SYOTR, Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy
38,522 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 181