Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts hurray, 607 today, al our troubles seem so far away ... by fiddler2007 @ Today at 12:48 AM

Quote: from Andrew: .... An update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2019 .... Lads, Lasses, it's 607, they really must have worked hard, COMPLIMENTS PG !!! ... you may delete ALL your former posts now with bug complaints etc; even the VST is fixed .... Rumors are that 608 is also almost out, with an additional stylepicker fix. F Uhhh But what's this now?: Originally Posted By: RobhI’m using studio one 2.65 (planning on upgrading that to 4 soon.) I tried it in Reaper
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Joyo wants to turn guitarists into one-man bands by pghboemike @ Yesterday at 07:52 PM

https://www.musicradar.com/news/joyo-wants-to-turn-guitarists-into-one-man-bands-with-the-omb
Jump to new posts Biab & UJAM Virtual Bassist by Pipeline @ Yesterday at 05:14 PM

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=510425#Post510425 I finally got a break to try this ! 30 Days free. (then just buy when on sale ) You just save the BB Chord Output to MID, Import it in the Melody or Soloist ch9 only, transpose the track up 2 octaves. See the link above for the Tips n Tricks guide. The thing with UJAM Instruments/Drums you can use all the recorded real phrase playing and use your own GM midi with it to create it just how you want. I have s
User Showcase
Jump to new posts New Improved: "Requiem for Smoochie D. Cat" by DaveBrooksMusic @ Yesterday at 05:07 PM

Hi Gang! Still banging for the best case scenario! Here's the latest mix if you're interested. At least now you have a good point of reference!!! All the best, Dave https://soundcloud.com/davebrooksmusicfactory/requiem-for-smoochie-d-cat
Jump to new posts Band-in-a-Box 2019 Build 607 is available by Andrew - PG Music @ Yesterday at 04:25 PM

An update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2019 Download the Band-in-a-Box 2019 Build 607 update (280 MB) This is a cumulative update patch, which works from any 2019 build. Summary of changes for build 607 (Dec 18, 2018) -------------------------- Fixed: Track menu > Track Actions > Save track as WAV file... would choose "W" as the file extension.Fixed: Audio import to middle of song would fail with "File Not Found" error.Fixed: Importing or opening audio files (MP3, WMA, M4A) migh
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
Jump to new posts Rebuilding styles by w @ Yesterday at 04:17 PM

Why do i keep getting this same message no matter how many times i order a complete rebuild ? Also for greater certainty after i have done the rebuild today i quit my Mac BinaBox ( 2018 Audiophile ) then do a restart of the programme and do another rebuild and get the same message . Actually it's too bad that the rebuild process does not note what are those 8 additional styles found today . Although maybe it does and i just don't know where to find them in the " log " file . Anyo
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Somewhere? Also known as There's a Place for Us? by ArtieShaw @ Yesterday at 01:22 PM

I don't want to encourage any copyright violations. Can someone help me out with a BIAB arrangement for this song, or a song with a similar chart? Thanks!
Jump to new posts Customers LOVE the NEW Xtra Styles PAK 6! by Callie - PG Music @ Yesterday at 10:52 AM

Customers LOVE the NEW Xtra Styles PAK 6! Here's what they're saying: "I can't get enough of the Xtra Styles!" "These RealStyles are phenomenal!!" "These are AWESOME!" "Gypsy Jazz? Yippee!" "I want them ALL!" "The Country Xtra Styles are perfect for my songs!" "Everyone should have these!" There are 162 more RealStyles now available with Xtra Styles PAK 6 for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 or newer - that means there are more than 900 RealStyles available with Xtra Styles PAKs 1-6! We're having a SALE
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Sonokinetic woodwind ensembles 60 to 80 euros by Larry Kehl @ Yesterday at 10:26 AM

Not as cheap as the free one a few days ago but it is a lot bigger lib with a lot more articulations. I just got the extended version but won't have to time to mess with it until after New Year. I'm drowning in a "pop up" consulting work, house remodeling (again), two new guitars (archtops), re-glassing and zeroing a few rifles, and I'm still trying to get time to dig INTO the guts of my AXE FX III (got it in AUGUST and still don't have time for it- too many toys not enough ta
Band-in-a-Box 简体中文用户论坛
我现在已经在使用bb2019了,希望大家中国人也使用起来,不要用2016了,好的软件需要及时升级使用。 2019版本变化很多,最大的变化就是realtrack多了很多,我们可以接触很多新的伴奏方式和编曲方式。
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Interesting BIAB comment from a 30-year music educator by Don Gaynor @ Yesterday at 07:04 AM

Quote: I taught music teachers Band in a Box software for 30 years. During my 30 years I became familiar with just about every piece of music software out there. Of all that software, Band in a Box was my absolute favorite for what it could do. Amazing, think about it.....as a sequencer, notation product, improvisation, teaching musical form, musical styles, digital audio, call and response, arranging for big band, accompanying software, transposition and re-arranging. If I could only pick 1 pie
Post your own Tips and Tricks here
Hi there good folks, Over the last couple of years I have become increasingly fascinated with aspects of music production--not so much in the sense of mixing and mastering, which I admittedly know next to nothing about--but with using MIDI, constructing various pad sounds, and also by using wacky effects that are applied to audio to make fascinating textures (In fact there are some incredible things that are being done nowadays using traditional effects, such as delays, filters, and noise gate
I want a video that shows me how to ....
I have so many awesome instruments for Kontakt. But since I cannot use this for more then 7 channels at a time, it would be great to learn how to convert those instruments and real tracks to a format that can be imported to the new VSTsoundfont64, so I can have this awesome quality for all 16 Midichannels, by using VST Soundfornt as my default synt... AS step by step guide, so to speak... Would be great...
Jump to new posts mixer not working in 64 bit by rap429 @ 12/17/18 08:10 PM

The mixer will not change volume on any midi track when Halion 6 is loaded as vst. Can anyone else confirm this behavior?
Best of YouTube
Jump to new posts Paul McCartney & Wings 'Wild Life by pghboemike @ 12/17/18 04:15 PM

Jump to new posts Folder where the Midi Supertracks are installed-Solved by musiclover @ 12/17/18 04:00 PM

Hello folks, Just noticed that on one of my backup copies of biab, the midi Supertracks are playing ok, but on my main install a lot are missing, though on the list. Rather than go and find all the installs for previous years, does anyone know whereabouts I might find them in the bb folder, so I can copy them over to main install of bb? Still on biab 18 Update The HiQ_instruments_Soforzando patch from the 2016 install seems to have solved this one. Thanks a lot.
Jump to new posts Access Violations!!! by AnthonyB @ 12/17/18 01:03 PM

Beta Tester #14,963 reporting in... Here's the repo: - Load BIAB 2019 64-bit - Open Style Picker - Choose Find Titles - Type a song title in Filter String - Select Okay Find Matching Styles - Click on first returned result - Read Access Violation error msg - Shutdown BIAB - Restart BIAB - Try again - Curse a bit and vow not to upgrade next year because PG Music is following other companies by releasing their products on a prescheduled date rather than when most of the *obvious* bugs have been
Jump to new posts Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Order in Time for Christmas! by Callie - PG Music @ 12/17/18 01:01 PM

Looking to put Band-in-a-Box® under the tree? It's not too late! USA/Canada: Order before 12:30 pm Pacific time December 21st for Express delivery Outside of North America: Order before 12:30 pm Pacific time December 19th. Order online anytime at www.pgmusic.com and be downloading most products within minutes! Until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows, we've packed our Free
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
Jump to new posts Record audio level too low by LOzzz @ 12/17/18 10:19 AM

Hi, New to BIAB and have started to try and use the record to audio today, with not very good results so far. I am using an Avid Eleven Rack as my musical interface to my Mac. The microphone for vocals is plugged into the 11R as are the headphones. I hear the vocals perfectly when recording along with the other song tracks, however when I go to play the song back I can only faintly hear the vocals. The vocal rig of the 11R is maxed out output wise. The BIAB record input meter shows a healthy l
PowerTracks Pro Audio for Windows FAQ
Jump to new posts Doubling Track Issue by Hennryparth @ 12/17/18 02:24 AM

I copied a vocal track, then pasted it on a different track just slightly off to get that effect. After that, the original track I copied is mostly in the left channel and I cannot get it back to center. Any advice? Thanks!
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
The Waves' Renaissance equalizer user manual includes chapter 8 which is titled... "An EQ Essay with Wonderful Tips". Well, the writer is correct so, without further ado, +++ 293 Kb Reneissance Equalizer User Manual Link +++.
Styles and RealTracks Wishlist
Jump to new posts More Jon Herington RealTracks by bloc-head @ 12/16/18 12:06 PM

Please... The few that are already available are wonderful.... I want more please... Jon Herington is one of my favorites...
Band-in-a-Box Nederlands Gebruikers Forum
Jump to new posts Problemen met BiaB 2019 by Birchwood @ 12/16/18 06:49 AM

Hallo beste forumleden, Mijn vraag is wie BiaB 2019 al heeft geinstalleerd als upgrade? Ik heb het in ieder geval gedaan en heb enkele lastige problemen: BiaB geeft aan dat JBridge niet is geinstalleerd, terwijl dit wel zo is (al jaren en met de laatste upgrades). Geeft problemen met VST's. Maar lastigste is dat ik niks kan opnemen, mijn Asio audiointerface van Steinberg (UR28M) ziet het programma wel, zoals ook in de vorige versies, maar dan geeft ie aan dat sdeze niet is aangesloten en geluid
Jump to new posts Song Picker needs essential fix? by fiddler2007 @ 12/16/18 04:28 AM

BIAB 2019 606. When seeking in the song picker window one cannot use the computer keyboard to select songs starting with a P f.i. You'll have to use a mouse scroll wheel or the slider on the right ... very time consuming searching in a large database. PLEASE FIX THIS !!! It works OK in BIAB 2018. F
Dansk Band-in-a-Box bruger forum
Jump to new posts ***Nyheder i Band-in-a-Box 2019*** by lindbjerg @ 12/15/18 06:18 AM

Så kom julegaven til alle musikere: Den årlige opdatering af Band-in-a-Box. Og der er mange nyheder. De vigtigste er: 1) Den største nyhed er som sædvanligt alle de nye RealTracks og Stilarter. Man har dog ikke lavet flere stilarter med video, men det var også en ret unødvendig funktion, synes jeg. 2) Biab er nu 64 bit. 32 bits udgaven findes stadig og det er nok den der åbner automatisk, når man lige har installeret. Ændr til 64 bit ved at gå til BB mappen og find bbw64.exe. 3) De
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
PG Music News
Drum Notation Support in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!

One of the newest features added to Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Drum Notation Support!
•All the MIDI Drums have drum notation. Play the MIDI Drums and open the Notation window. Then, select the Drums track and you will see drum notation.
•Drum notation can be entered by a user on the Melody/Soloist track.

Learn how to enter MIDI Drums notation when you jump to this topic in our New Features video:
35:18 - New Features: New Track Type - Drum Notation

Customers LOVE the NEW Xtra Styles PAK 6!

Here's what they're saying:
"I can't get enough of the Xtra Styles!"
"These RealStyles are phenomenal!!"
"These are AWESOME!"
"Gypsy Jazz? Yippee!"
"I want them ALL!"
"The Country Xtra Styles are perfect for my songs!"
"Everyone should have these!"

There are 162 more RealStyles now available with Xtra Styles PAK 6 for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 or newer - that means there are more than 900 RealStyles available with Xtra Styles PAKs 1-6!

We're having a SALE! During the month of December, purchase Xtra Styles PAK 6 for just $29! (reg. $49) In fact, each Volume (6 total) is available for just $29 each - we're also offering a special price for a purchase of ALL Volumes 1-6 - for just $159 you can receive ALL 900+ RealStyles!

Review all the different Xtra Styles PAKs for Windows here. Mac user? Click here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Order in Time for Christmas!

Looking to put Band-in-a-Box® under the tree? It's not too late!

USA/Canada: Order before 12:30 pm Pacific time December 21st for Express delivery
Outside of North America: Order before 12:30 pm Pacific time December 19th.

Order online anytime at www.pgmusic.com and be downloading most products within minutes!

Until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows, we've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2019 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2019 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

Notation Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!

There are Notation Enhancements in the NEW Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows! These include:
•A new button in the Print Options dialog which lets you quickly print a "chords only" fake sheet. You can also access this from the right-click menu on the chord sheet.
•A new track type (Drums) is now available for The Melody and Soloist tracks.
•Clicking close to a stave line will put a note on the stave line instead of between stave lines. (Previously, you had to click extremely close to a stave line to insert a note on The line.)
•Double-clicking on the Standard mode Notation window (or on the time line in Editable or Staff Roll mode) plays the song from the current time location. Previously, it played the song from the beginning of the current bar.
•Holding down the [Ctrl] key and pressing the zoom in/out buttons results in finest possible incremental adjustment in size.
•In The Notation Windows Options dialog, The clefs split point asterisk indicates that C5* is middle C.
•Pressing The space bar plays the song from the current time location, not the current bar.
•The clefs split point can be set by the spin controls.
•The right-click menu in the Editable or Staff Roll mode Notation window has an option to change the current beat resolution. Previously, the only way to do this was to right-click on the time line.
•There's a keystroke entry notation mode - the 'N' mode, which lets you enter a melody entirely using keystrokes. The keystrokes are N to enter a note, up/down cursor to change its pitch, and left/right cursor to move the time line.
•You can now edit any track in the Event List Editor. When The dialog opens, it will show you the MIDI data in the current Notation track.
•You can quickly enter forced accidentals from the right-click menu.

We talk about these new features within our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content! video:
25:45 - New Features: Easy Entering of Notation with the 'N' Key
36:48 - Change Beat Resolution From the Right-Click Menu
37:15 - Easier Entry of Notes on Lines
37:42 - Asterisk to Indicate Middle C on & Spin Controls
37:53 - Force Accidental from the Right-Click Menu
38:01 - Edit Any Track in the Event List
38:09 - Keystroke Note Entry Mode 'N' for Faster Note Entry
38:28 - Print Chords Only Fake Sheet
38:32 - More Control of Notation Size

Rather read about it?
-Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® Upgrade Manual
-New Feature Summary - Notation Enhancements

The New Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows SongPicker!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2019, the SongPicker has been redesigned!
-The completely redesigned window shows information for up to 50,000 songs.
-The song list build is much faster. Approximately 150 songs get added per second.
-A progress bar will appear if the song list build takes longer than 3 seconds.
-You can see the chord progression for the selected song in the list. You can copy and paste it to a text file.
-Many filters are available. You can filter the list by subfolders, genre, feel, time signature, style, songs with melody, soloist, lyrics, key signature, tempo range, and the year of file dates.
-You can search songs that have similar chord progressions and/or melody fragments.
-Hotkey! ss+enter opens the SongPicker, ss2+enter opens the Recently Played Songs, etc.

Learn more about the updates with our New Features Video - we've made it easy to find the section you'll need:
2:55 - New Feature: Redesigned SongPicker
21:58 - New Features: SongPicker Enhancements
41:10 - Now Over 10,600 Titles in SongPicker

You can also read all about the new SongPicker within our Online Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® Upgrade Manual.

RealBand 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest RealBand 2019 for Windows program manuals!

RealBand 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
RealBand 2019 for Windows New Features Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download

RealBand 2019 is included in every purchase of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows! We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows program manuals!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade Manual: Online Manual | PDF Download

Don't forget.... We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Forum Stats
28478 Members
58 Forums
55398 Topics
461536 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
ckane, Brasso, Tchinn, Clyde001, stephdu35

28477 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 402
Pipeline 373