Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Some neat jamming at NAMM 2022 by AudioTrack @ Yesterday at 08:04 PM

Some great Ad-lib performing
User Showcase
Jump to new posts NEW SONG >>>> "SOMETIMES YOU MEET A NICE ONE". by justanoldmuso @ Yesterday at 12:21 PM

SONG TITLE : "SOMETIMES YOU MEET A NICE ONE" (a rough demo) ARTIST : moi..ALF-L..(a lad from london (c) 2021) ***THIS SONG IS DEDICATED TO ALL PG STAFF THAT HAVE PUT UP WITH MY CRAZY PRODUCT WISHES OVER THE YEARS. ALSO TO ALL PG USERS. HAPPINESS AND GOOD HEALTH TO ALL*** ****BEFORE PLAYING THE SONG PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING.**** 1. due to the variety of playback systems out there. watch your levels till comfortable with song...apologies if t
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
Jump to new posts Shots and Holds exceptions by CubanPeteNYC @ Yesterday at 11:48 AM

Hello everyone. Just picked up 2022 and I'm having a ball with the new features. I'm having one issue I bet you veterans can answer easily. Let's say I have hold/shot/rest somewhere and a solo instrument playing on Utility 3. How can I make Utility 3 not follow the hold/shot/rest? In the olden days of 2020 I just used the first letter of the instrument (bass, piano, etc..) and that did it. I've watched a few videos and looked for the answer but I've either missed it or looked in the wrong plac
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
Jump to new posts how to print a list of all realtracks sets by philty @ Yesterday at 07:20 AM

hello, is it possible to find a listing of all the sets of realtracks to print. thanks
UserTracks Wishlist
It would really be nice to be able, in one step, to be able to take the contents of an ".MGX file's Melody track" and split its contents onto corresponding (by MIDI Channel Number) matching Utility Tracks (1-16), in one step, automatically. And as a bonus, have it set each Utility Track's MIDI Channel Number to match. It currently takes MANY steps using "Copy Special" to move tracks, one channel at a time, and then set the channel numbers, one at a time, on the Utility Tr
Best of YouTube
Jump to new posts Yohan showing some versatility by AudioTrack @ 07/04/22 08:38 AM

Need some great guitar licks? Yep, he does them too.
Post your own Tips and Tricks here
I finally just realized the quickest way to mute BIAB's audio response to my MIDI keyboard when I am wanting to play a separate Standalone instrument or do something in my DAW while BIAB is open... Simply mute the Thru track in the BIAB mixer. <<<<< I'm not sure how long this has been available, but it is a much easier solution than the way I was doing it before, using the menu method Options > MIDI input/output ports.
Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)
Jump to new posts Create Bootable USB Drive with Rufus (Link) by Jim Fogle @ 07/02/22 02:40 PM

There are many reasons to create a bootable USB drive including to create a recovery drive or to upgrade an operating system or swap from one operating system to another. +++ Rufus +++ creates a bootable USB drive. The newest version, V3.19 released July 01, 2022, includes several new features that facilitate updating older computers to Windows 11. Take a look and see what you think. Don't forget to look at the change log at the bottom of the webpage.
Best of YouTube
Jump to new posts Lyric Phrasing like FJ by MusicStudent @ 07/02/22 02:18 PM

Some times it is hard to know what a song does that makes you like it, but it is easy to know when you like it. In this case it is the rhythm of the lyrics and especially the phrasing of the bridge and how it is extended. The first time I heard this I immediatley thought of our FJ. He pharses like this in many of his songs. I have always love that.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Add bank and instrument patch list for Timbres of Heaven soundfont to the Synthesizer and Sound Card listings available for selection in the MIDI/Audio Drivers Setup window.
Band-in-a-Box 日本語掲示板
スタンドアローンで、自動生成したコードシート上のコードをピアノロールに書き出したい、midiとして保存したい、のですが、方法があったら教えてください。できないということであれば、その旨、教えていただけると有り難いです。プラグインで立ち上げた場合、コードシートのコードをdawにドラッグ&ドロップできることは知っています。
Off-Topic
https://jukinoldies.com/ I found out about it after attending a presentation at Johnny Angel’s Ginchy Stuff – A Music Museum for the Ages https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g53449-d11758032-Reviews-Johnny_Angel_s_Ginchy_Stuff_and_Music_Museum-Pittsburgh_Pennsylvania.html
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Do not automatically save automatic reconfigurations by Riccoboni @ 06/30/22 08:10 AM

BIAB change the current setting when the configuration does not correspond to what is set (for example by not finding the realtrack folder). In my opinion, the user should be asked if he accepts the reparameterization, and above all, the new configuration should not be saved automatically. This would make it possible to correct the pb outside BIAB then to relaunch BIAB with the initial configuration. This is also how most DAWs work (at least cakewalk) Not only do we waste time configuring by h
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Jump to new posts Classical Music Editing Tools in Reaper. by justanoldmuso @ 06/30/22 06:50 AM

For those interested in classical music editing and tools for such in reaper this seems to be getting a lot of interest on the reaper forums.,,various videos etc. https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=265145&page=7 Above ive just showed the last seventh page….so go back thru the whole thread if you wish for further info and more videos on the tools. I’m no pro expert AE in classical music but hope some might find it interesting as i did. there are lots of positive comments in the
Best of YouTube
We filmed the creation of a modern pop song with Nashville artist, Essy and her producer Austin Cannon. From the very first chords to the final vocal recording, Essy and Austin show what it takes to create catchy hooks, and eventually an entire song. +++ Writing & Producing Pop Music +++
Best of YouTube
Jump to new posts And appreciation of Michael McDonald by pghboemike @ 06/28/22 09:23 AM

Styles and RealTracks Wishlist
BIAB has some great styles in rock, country etc. Just wonderful! But most of the modern Caribbean styles such as reggae and soca etc. sound quite bad. Full of guesswork. Please take this seriously, PG Music - get musicians who know what they are doing, who play in that style! Not musicians mimicking who don't have a clue. For example, the Island Reggae styles "with organ", they are just a joke. The organ in these styles should have a certain rhythmic way of playing - and it's not pla
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Big Piano by Tech Teacher @ 06/25/22 06:20 PM

I’m a high school teacher and work in a lab environment. The big piano is really useful when teaching harmony, particularly for our younger students. I would love it if this became a VST (or was included in your DAW plug-in) for use in other music software. To date, I haven’t found anything similar. If I need to explain something, I will exit the software the students are using and open BIAB to demonstrate, this slows the lesson down.
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts 5 free 80s-inspired synth libraries for KONTAKT by MarioD @ 06/24/22 01:09 PM

The title says it all, here are 5 free synths for the full version of Kontakt. I am going to DL these tonight. https://blog.native-instruments.com/free-80s-synths-kontakt/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=ENG%20blog%204%20%2F%202020_braze&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=Blog%20content%20en%20FRIDAY%20COHORT%20%7C%20producers,%20non-leads%20%7C%20session%20%7C%2024/06/22&utm_id=41df2fe2-03a4-40f1-b98d-03a05a6d5ed6
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts brass & strings for Kontakt by MarioD @ 06/24/22 01:02 PM

Some of you might be interested in these orchestra programs, RS Boutique Strings and RS Boutique Brass. You have to scroll down to see them. If you get both you get 60% off or for a little under $70 USD. I just DLed them and will install them hopefully tomorrow. https://rastsound.com/deals/?utm_source=..._eid=927a9c55ed The demos sound sweet! You must have the full version of Kontakt to use them.
Post your own Tips and Tricks here
Jump to new posts Getting The Most From The PG Music Installers by Jim Fogle @ 06/24/22 09:58 AM

Ever wonder exactly what is in the Xtra Styles PAK or bonus installer? Ever wonder if so and so included a style or instrument? The answers can be found in the installer themself by reinstalling or you can have the answers anytime by creating a text file during the installation and then saving the text file in the same place you save the installer. Each installer includes a text box that tells what is inside the installer and may also provide other descriptive information. As an example I've
Dansk Band-in-a-Box bruger forum
Jump to new posts Tips og tricks til Mac og Windows by lindbjerg @ 06/20/22 02:27 AM

Der kommer hele tiden nye videoer med tips og tricks. Prøv at se HER og følg linkene. Venlig hilsen Lindbjerg
Dansk Band-in-a-Box bruger forum
Jump to new posts Nye addons til både Mac og Windows by lindbjerg @ 06/20/22 02:17 AM

Så er der tre helt nye pakker til både Mac og Windows: XPro Styles PAK 2 med 100 friske nye RealStyles https://youtu.be/izu0AFDXTz4 XPro Styles PAK 3 med 100 nye RealStyles samt 35 RealTracks, som ikke før har været udgivet. https://youtu.be/o7Fn4Ybhq24 Xtra Style Pak 13 med 200 nye RealStyles. https://youtu.be/_3MGBEOYW2U Se dem HER eller følg linkene til de enkelte pakker for at høre demoer. Venlig hilsen Lindbjerg
Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)
Jump to new posts Hope by Pipeline @ 06/17/22 06:55 PM

Holding Onto Positive Expectations: - Initializing BIAB engine - the spinner never stops spinning..... - Initializing BIAB engine - BIAB engine not found anymore - Using internal code - All systems go - Ready to Instantly Generate Spoiler Content
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts New Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Add-ons are Here! by Callie - PG Music @ 06/17/22 10:39 AM

We're excited to say that we've just released some amazing new RealStyles with XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3 and Xtra Styles PAK 13 for Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows or Mac! XPro Styles PAK 2 includes 100 fresh new RealStyles that will up the utility and fun factor of the Band-in-a-Box® Pro version by adding 25 rock and pop styles, 25 jazz styles, 25 country styles, and 25 folk styles! https://youtu.be/izu0AFDXTz4 XPro Styles PAK 3 goes even further - not only is it packed 100 new RealStyles
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac® Bonus PAKs!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2022 during our Mac special (ending July 15th) and you'll receive a Free Bonus PAK*!

What does the Free Bonus PAK include?
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 34: Blues Piano and Organ (9 MSTs)
-Instrumental Studies 16: Fusion Guitar Soloing (6 studies)
-Artist Performance Set 11: Songs with Vocals volume 1 (20 songs)
-RealDrums Stems Set 1 (20 RealDrums stems)
-MIDI Styles Set 84: Look Ma! More MIDI 7 (complete, 15 styles)
-Over 400 playable RealTracks (sfz sforzando files)
-RealCombos Booster PAK (30 New RealStyles, 26 Existing RealStyles, 109 RT's/RD's)

Want even more? Boost your Free Bonus PAK to the 49-PAK for $49 to add:
-60 Bonus RT/RD (20 more than in previous years)
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 35: All Guitar (5 MSTs)
-Instrumental Studies 17: Classic Country Guitar Soloing (6 studies)
-Artist Performance Set 12: Songs with Vocals volume 2 (20 songs)
-RealDrums Stems Set 2 (20 RealDrums stems)
-Look Ma! More MIDI 8 (complete, 15 styles)

Learn more...

*excluding the $49 version upgrade purchase.

New Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Add-ons are Here!

We're excited to say that we've just released some amazing new RealStyles with XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3 and Xtra Styles PAK 13 for Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows or Mac!

XPro Styles PAK 2 includes 100 fresh new RealStyles that will up the utility and fun factor of the Band-in-a-Box® Pro version by adding 25 rock and pop styles, 25 jazz styles, 25 country styles, and 25 folk styles! XPro Styles PAK 3 goes even further - not only is it packed 100 new RealStyles, it includes 35 RealTracks that are not included with a Pro or MegaPAK purchase - adding even more versatility to what these can do! Sink your teeth into 25 rock/pop styles, 25 jazz/funk styles, 25 country/bluegrass styles, and 25 styles featuring a mix of genres ranging from high energy electro swing to ambient grooves and everything in between.

With the new Xtra Styles PAK 13, we're going to make the number thirteen lucky again! There are 200 new RealStyles for Rock/Pop, Jazz, Country, and Singer-Songwriter. Some examples of what's included: Mellow soundtrack rock, Americana country lullaby, western swing big band, coffee house jazz waltz, jazzy jump blues, songwriter gospel ballad, fast indie rock, vintage clav funk, country pop march, and much, much more!

And they're all ON SALE until July 15th! Purchase Xtra Styles PAKs or XPro Styles PAKs for only $29 per PAK (regular price $49 each)!

Purchase XPro Styles PAKs
Purchase Xtra Styles PAKs
Learn more & watch our video demonstrations

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac is here!

There are 50+ new features, 222 new RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 13, XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Upgrade purchases until July 15, 2022 - save up to 50% when you purchase a Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2022 packages! For more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!), upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac.

How to: Opening Multiple Instances of Band-in-a-Box®

Did you know that you can have multiple instances of Band-in-a-Box® open on your computer? There was a conversation about this recently on our Forum, so we put together this video explaining how: Opening Multiple Instances of Band-in-a-Box®

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

How to: Replacing a MIDI Track with an Audio Track (RealBand)

Using RealBand and wondering how to replace a MIDI track with an audio track?

We show you how in our RealBand®: Replacing a MIDI Track with an Audio Track
video!

How to: Setup and Record with a MIDI Keyboard in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

Do you want to record your MIDI keyboard into Band-in-a-Box®, but aren't sure where to start? This quick video is what you've been looking for! How to Setup and Record with a MIDI Keyboard in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows.

User Guide: Working with MIDI

How to: Why Does My Song Keep Looping in Band-in-a-Box®?

Your Band-in-a-Box® song is looping, and you don't want it to - what do you do?

Fortunately, this is a program setting that can be adjusted - see how this is done: Band-in-a-Box®: Why Does My Song Keep Looping?

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

(Additional Song Preferences you might also find useful: Global Song Overrides)

Forum Stats
36229 Members
64 Forums
74895 Topics
657693 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
maihuongbeauty, jacy081516, duong, Giox, BandGuy

36228 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 266
zedd 188