Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Songwriting
Jump to new posts Re: I Need Help With a Song: Take Cancer Back to Hell by Mike Head @ 19 minutes 45 seconds ago

Hi all Well this is such an emotive subject, it must be a subject that means a lot to you, or you wouldn’t be writing it. So for what its worth write from your heart not your brain, rules can be broken so don’t try to hard to make it conform to any. Just let it evolve and unfold in a way that expresses your feelings. Always helped by slipping into a minor now and then, but then, I have not heard your music. Just my thoughts. Mike
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Skeptic by Tano Music @ 45 minutes 14 seconds ago

Hans, J&B..thanks for the kind comments. Unfortunately, I lost all of the initial build info on this when my HD crashed. This track was made by adding onto an almost-finished WAV file.
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Andrew, That didn't do it. What's next. Bill Mollenhauer
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Good morning my love by Dero13 @ Today at 12:52 PM

Hi biab members, Thanks to Dcuny,Greg Johnson, Bawb and the great team Janice and Bud, I want to thank you for your always positive and encouraging comments. In recent times, I have had a little run-of-the-mill related to health problems in my family members and this is the reason why I abandoned my listening with the nice members who were kind enough to testify. a comment on my compositions. I still want to apologize for this lack of politeness but now everything comes into the normal course
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Independence Day by musician17 @ Today at 12:26 PM

Thanks floyd jane. It's a fine line here, with my "singing" ... I have to sing a little but not too much, otherwise it sounds dreadful - at least much of the time! Here, I think I got away with it ... ;-) Yeah, I was wondering what to do with that steel solo ending. I didn't want it to solo for an extra bar, as the option is given for it to by BIAB, because I was worried about harmonies clashing - it's happened in the past. But, if I don't give it that option, then yes ... its ending
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Isotope Nectar 3 - 3 day Sale by MusicStudent @ Today at 11:28 AM

For my use this is one of the essential plugs in's to own. I have an older version, but it cost more than this newest version during this remain 3 day sale. I don't believe I have even seen this full version of Nectar go this cheap. https://www.izotope.com/en/shop/deals.html?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=SU_SE_BR_UU_US_Other-Plugins&utm_content=Nectar-iZotope_EM&utm_term=izotope%20nectar|e|g|c||445928765238&gclid=Cj0KCQjw0YD4BRD2ARIsAHwmKVkAqab6lPk60mvlkQ4g
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: It's A Fine Line by jannesan @ Today at 11:25 AM

Very nice lyrics, simple with a clear message but still giving room for thoughts. The picking guitar has very nice sound and fits the overall folk mood. Good selection of instruments and the arrangement has enjoyable variation. Great vocals too. Janne
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: New Laptop, thinnish sound- not much bass by jazzmammal @ Today at 11:15 AM

Originally Posted By: berntdAnd I also fi d that I can hear a very faint hint of very high pitch hiss on the new on the new one. Did you not read my comment about that? Run it on the battery, that faint hiss should go away. It has something to do with the ground plug when it's plugged into the mains. And, Matt yes I understand that headphone plug is weak but it's not a problem if you're careful with it. I did that for about 18 months when I had a duo and used Biab tracks. I got this from
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Everybody Needs Time To Heal by jannesan @ Today at 10:42 AM

Originally Posted By: animarorecordsAs usual, the chord progression is elaborate. Nevertheless, I am always surprised that the melody line does not get lost and flows smoothly. Exactly this song is your most original tune of all your original tunes. Enjoyed my listen a lot. Best regards. Shigeki Adachi Thanks Shigeki Adachi for your very kind words I just wonder can I write even more original tune after this one Janne
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What should we replace Zoom with? by eddie1261 @ Today at 10:42 AM

Free NOW, but will it stay free forever Harv? Do you think that once it gets extremely popular they will start charging? That seems to be how Micro$oft does things. Zoom works fine, and all those horror stories of security problems were presumably overly dramatic. Possibly even started by Micro$oft. I am on Zoom daily, sometimes more than once a day and I have never had anybody hack one of my meetings and blow up my office as the rumors said. "They" were allegedly getting into compute
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Anybody miss analog? by eddie1261 @ Today at 10:32 AM

Originally Posted By: rharv Like I said, the keyboard itself needs attention Attention like it's dirty or attention like broken keys?
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
Jump to new posts Re: Chord input from midi keyboard by Jim Fogle @ Today at 10:22 AM

Tryuk, As you know the iRig keys 2 is a midi controller. It connects to your MacBook Pro either through a Lightning or OTG to Micro-USB cable. Band-in-a-Box for Mac uses Apple's Core MIDI to add midi controllers to the computer for use by the program. You may want to follow along on page 342, Chapter 14 - MIDI Setup, of the Band-in-a-Box for Mac user manual for step-by-step guidance. If your iRig keys 2 works with your DAW then your computer has already recognized the controller. Go to &qu
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Originally Posted By: Gordon S for example, I can't see loops02 or supertracks in either the installed or the non-installed data. Or melodists, or artist performances, or how Disks and PAKs interrelate, or loops-with-style. Are there others? ... I've only just found loops-with-style. Apparently I have the following "Style Disks", but I cxan't presently see how that relates to what PGMusic sells, so I'm getting very confused. Styles Disks : 0 (Built-in) ,1 ,2 ,3 ,7 (Country) ,10 (
User Showcase
Jump to new posts I Made Love To An Angel (bass solo!) by HappyRon @ Today at 09:51 AM

I thought you might be interested in my new video, I made Love To An Angel. which features inspirational quotes about sensuality with my song of the same name. It's part of my "inspirational quotes with music" series. The video is already popular on many inspirational Facebook groups. All the tracks are Band In A Box, except the bass track and solo are my bass player Paul Tillery and the drums are superior drummer [img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wBRAXQDkmYidtYSFO
My Favorite Things
Jump to new posts Re: Natural arrangement feature by Jim Fogle @ Today at 09:38 AM

Noel, are all those options available on the 2020 Mac edition? I must have missed them while scanning through the Mac pdf manual.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Old Ways Of Forgetting (co-write w/ Bud Merritt) by floyd jane @ Today at 09:24 AM

Originally Posted By: raycI listened to this almost as soon as it was posted, then a few times since. For some reason I didn't want to comment then. Probably because the song, performance & recording need nothing from me. I'm only putting words on the screen because I want you to know I'm not ignoring such a stellar piece. I'll leave it at that...nothing need be said. ray - always appreciate knowing that someone has a listen... thanks! Originally Posted By: dcunySmooth. Well done, every
PowerTracks Pro Audio
Jump to new posts Re: INI file for Korg Pax by rharv @ Today at 09:06 AM

Quote:Anyway, I named the unzipped file like you said and put it into the newly named old patches file and NOTHING If I said that I didn't mean to. You rename the original patches.ini to patchesOLD.ini (so PT doesn't find it) Then you rename your new unzipped file to PATCHES.INI, and copy to your PT folder. You should see a message about PT rebuilding Patches.bin when you next launch PT (see below). If you don't see this, the mistake occurred in a previous step. I didn't say to put it in th
PowerTracks Pro Audio
Jump to new posts Re: INI file for Korg Pax by Steve350 @ Today at 08:37 AM

First of all thank you for your help. I am running the new version of PT. I did exactly what you said and I can't get the Korg file to show up under patches or when I load a midi song I don't see the Korg patches with the other ones like I am suppose to. In less I am missing something, the new version of PT does not let you convert a PAT to an INI. Anyway, I named the unzipped file like you said and put it into the newly named old patches file and NOTHING. I am at a loss. I can remember years ag
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Good morning my love by Janice & Bud @ Today at 08:26 AM

Lovely and you received some IMO excellent mix suggestions. We enjoyed it! BTW, chord structures are not subject to copyright (only lyrics and melodies) so if I understood you correctly you own it. J&B
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Drinking Muddy Water by Gary Weder @ Today at 08:15 AM

Hi Bawb. You can sure sell a song. I find my self looking forward in anticipation to anything you post and this song is no exception . My personal opinion is that you sound like you are singing in a different room to the rest of the "band" which results in the "band" overshadowing the listening experience somewhat .With your talent you should be front and center ! Perhaps try panning the individual instruments and giving them some reverb to give them some depth while placi
Songwriting
To me it would be more powerful without the word cancer. More global. Covid is giving Cancer a run for it's money. "and take it with you". The title could be the Big C. Just my thoughts. Good luck.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Be True To Your Heart by molsenhouse @ Today at 08:04 AM

Originally Posted By: EdZ314Oh this is just lovely. The vocals just float over the backing, yet remain distinct and clear. The first thing that came to mind when I heard this was a soundtrack from a movie about love and loss, or a classic from some vinyl, but one of those songs that transcends its era and stays with you. Top notch songwriting and performance. Really enjoyed it! Thanks EdZ! Thanks for listening and commenting. A classic from some vinyl, a soundtrack… Maybe to a movie not yet
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Let Our Children Play by Guitarhacker @ Today at 07:54 AM

Well, I hate to have to roll up several posts into ONE BIG THANK YOU.... but it looks like that's what I need to do here.... so... Thank you to Torry, Floyd, Greg, Janice & Bud, Leon, and Ed for listening and taking the time to comment. I'll be lurking for the next few days.... but otherwise engaged in other activities..... toes in the sand, beer in my hand kind of things.... yeah, it's a hard life but someone has to live it. I'll be back refreshed and most likely with a new song....or t
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Be True To Your Heart by molsenhouse @ Today at 07:52 AM

Originally Posted By: jptjptjptVery pretty song. Lovely vocals. Poetic lyrics. Good band too. jpt x3: Thanks for listening and commenting!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Skeptic by Janice & Bud @ Today at 07:44 AM

Words like sophisticated and classy come to mind. The both interesting and captivating lyric is delivered in an intimate up front (but not too much so) and convincing manner. And it's all wrapped in a mix that sounds, subtle, nuanced and sets a good soundstage on the monitors. Enjoyed it! J&B PS: It'd be nice to know what RT's, etc., were used in the production.
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 ... 40 41 >
PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Polish for Windows is Here!

Dodaliśmy ponad 50 nowych funkcji do Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Są udoskonalenia ścieżek RealTracks (Delikatniej brzmiące wokale RealTracks, Pogrubianie RealTracks, funkcja "Znajdź odmianę" dla RealTracks i MultiRiffów). Większość RealDrums ma teraz RealCharts (z dokładną Notacją Bębnów). Jest nowa Przeglądarka Artystów RealTracks umożliwiające znalezienie informacji/biografii/linków/listy ścieżek RealTracks dla wszystkich artystów. Nowa Przeglądarka Funkcji pozwala nowym lub "zapominalskim" użytkownikom na łatwe znalezienie i użycie większości funkcji/skrótów/dokumentów z poziomu jednego okna. Funkcja Wyrównaj Tempo pozwala na zmianę utworu nagranego w rytmie rubato i dostosowanie go do ustalonego tempa. Udoskonalono funkcje rozciągania brzmień audio w czasie/wysokości dźwięku (Elastique). Są też udoskonalenia opcji Wybory Utworu, automatycznych wstępów na Basie/Bębnach lub tylko samych bębnach (Auto-Intros), dodano 3,400 tytułów, są udoskonalenia w zakresie MusicXML, mamy widok dla gitarzysty "Leworęcznego" oraz "Widok dla ucznia" przy grze na gitarze, udoskonalenia opcji Przeciągnij i Upuść, multi-okna wyświetlającego Magika Audio Akordów i wiele innych poprawek!

ZAKUP/UAKTUALNIJ & POBIERZ TERAZ!

Add-ons Special EXTENDED! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still time to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

We've EXTENDED our special until JULY 15TH!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

DAW Plugin FAQs Resource!

We've added a new Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin for Mac FAQ to our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum - make sure you check it out!

This is where we'll be sharing any solutions we discover for frequent problems reported while working through our DAW Plugin tech support.

Like this post from Andrew: StylePicker does not see my styles and RealTracks, or they are showing as N/A.
Click here for the solution.

Windows user? Click here for your forum links.

Add-ons Special Almost Over! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still time to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

We've EXTENDED our special until JULY 15TH!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

An Updated Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is Here!

The latest Band-in-a-Box 2020 update announcement is HUGE!

With this updated version, easily find your (purchased) Xtra Styles PAK 9 RealStyles in the updated StylePicker window, [ctrl] and [shift] shortcut keys will allow you to open your RealDrums picker and preferences windows with one 'click', there are improvements to Bar Based Lyric entry, stable playback of style demos, the UPDATED DAW Plugin is included, and more!

The updated DAW Plugin 2.9.41 adds additional and redesigned action buttons, refined DAW syncing, Chord Sheet enhancements, improvements to MultiRiffs, RealTracks, RealDrums, and MIDI features, and so much more!

We've made a video that highlights all the changes to the DAW Plugin with build 2.9.41: Watch it...

Learn more about the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac b412 and download here.

Updated Band-in-a-Box® 2020 and VST DAW Plugin for Windows!

Did you see the latest build update announcement for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows?

It’s PACKED with powerful updates, including additional RealCharts, improved RealStyles demos, language support, and significant additions and improvements to the DAW Plugin!

The updated DAW Plugin 2.9.41 adds additional and redesigned action buttons, refined DAW syncing, Chord Sheet enhancements, improvements to MultiRiffs, RealTracks, RealDrums, and MIDI features, and so much more! In fact, we’ve made a video that highlights all the changes to the DAW Plugin with build 2.9.41: Click here to check it out.

Learn more about the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 b724 for Windows and download it here.

#TipTuesday Band-in-a-Box® Online Manuals - An Excellent Resource!

The Band-in-a-Box® program manuals are available on our Support page - what an excellent online resource to help you get the most out of the program!

Head to our Support | Online Manuals page and you'll have access to both a PDF and an online program manual for Band-in-a-Box® 2018-2020 and RealBand 2018-2020!

Bookmark www.pgmusic.com/manuals/ today!

Forum Stats
32432 Members
68 Forums
65049 Topics
551140 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Rolly, narelfr, mrgoodbass, PeteJakson, rawhide

32431 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 173
Jim Fogle 152