Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: SHADOW LIGHTS Derochette 6 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi rsdean, Composition that lends itself to reverie. It's soft, vaporous and our mind lets itself be carried away by your lyrics. Well done.. Jani
Replies 20 Views 221 Read More
Re: It's so funny Vincente 9 minutes ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by swingbabymix
Originally Posted by Vincente
Oh no, do not change the way the chords were entered in 1109.
ver 1110 has changed. Changed back again. tired
What are changes in BIAB 1110 ?
Replies 6 Views 172 Read More
Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) Derochette 12 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hello Janice Bud and Peter, Composition very rich in orchestration. The mix is ​​impeccable. And the tone of Jani’s voice is still so pleasant. I also like Peter's guitar playing. Everything is smooth and well done. Jani
Replies 49 Views 1,701 Read More
Re: 2023 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... DC Ron 18 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Giving away product? Unheard of! What's next, a Live Help desk??? Ha! I'll echo my thanks for PGMusic and the kind gift, as well as my appreciation for the Showcase community. Ya'll are the best.
Replies 10 Views 171 Read More
Re: Majestic Brocard Derochette 20 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi B.d. Thomas, I thank you for your appreciation. I paid attention to your comments but found nothing unusual. Maybe on the backing vocals, I should put an EQ on the high frequencies. Thank you again for your advice. Jani
Replies 14 Views 147 Read More
Re: Majestic Brocard Derochette 25 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi dcuny, Thank you for appreciation. Ps: I saw that other composers on this forum also used the synth V. This soft vocal is interesting
Replies 14 Views 147 Read More
Re: Old Empty Shoebox Derochette 30 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi tommyad, Very endearing song. I like the lyrics and the sweetness of the melody. I appreciated. Well done. Jani
Replies 17 Views 169 Read More
Re: BELIEVE IT OR NOT Derochette 35 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Elliot, Very pretty, well-constructed melody. The singers' voices are pleasant. Synth V is astonishing in its possibilities. I appreciated. Well done Jani.
Replies 20 Views 414 Read More
Re: Old Empty Shoebox David Snyder 49 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Man, this is great! I like both the musical hook and of course that empty shoe box hook is just wonderful for the lyric. This is one great sound and tune all around. Man I tell you Tommy, you could probably write a song about an old empty toilet paper roll and it would sound great. I'm not trying to egg you on or anything or say that you might want to think about this, but all I'm saying is man you could probably write a song about an old empty toilet paper roll that someone forgot to replace and it would sound awesome. Not that I think you should actually do it but I think you could write a song about an empty toilet paper roll sitting there and it gives a person some memories of the last sheet of toilet paper that they used in their life before they became so broke they had to start using the newspaper or tree leaves because America was in such bad shape economically or something. Yeah I'm not saying you should do something like that, but all I'm saying that man is as much talent as you got you could probably write a song about the decline of America just by writing about an empty toilet paper roll sitting there in an abandoned gas station with a person sitting there wondering where all the good stuff went to, while the creaky old metal door of the dirty gas station bathroom is wide open and they're looking out over a desperate landscape of an American apocalypse and an old empty toilet paper roll while some guy is sitting there without any toilet paper strumming his guitar writing a song about America. I'm not saying that you should actually do that but man I know that you could, just write a song about an old empty toilet paper roll.
Re: 2023 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... musician17 51 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
This is ever so kind. Whatever I may say, beyond "thank you", it has already been said by many others. Nevertheless, I am indeed immensely, immensely grateful. This is not just a tool, however brilliant, for us musicians ... this is a lifeline. To create is my life, and (I think) everyone's on this forum. Take away creativity from us, and we literally wilt away. You have not only created what I regard as simply the best electronic musically creative tool available anywhere, these days (none of my songs would exist, even in the "in-the-making" phase, without Band-in-a-Box), but - through your immense kindness in offering these awards to us - helped us all stay creative and even reward our creativity. I am, therefore, humbly and eternally grateful, even if my own words will never express that quite adequately enough. THANK YOU.
Re: I'm Sorry, Little Child musician17 56 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Mario: yes, I think that, one way or another, I must indeed find a new mic - or make the old one somehow work with this laptop. One way or another smile - but I cannot use the laptop's own mic, that much is clear. Thanks so much for listening to this new song of mine! David Cuny: thanks! I'll change the mic, though, because it makes me sound real bad, I think! Ron: thank you. Ever so kind! Bob: that's such a high compliment - and, coming from an artist like yourself, that's really made my day! Thank you! floyd: thanks for the tip!!! I will see what I can do about the sibilance, but I don't think it was such a problem with my old mic ... no idea why, but I need to deal with it, either way smile Ed: long time no see. Good to see you're well, and thank you for your thoughtful comment! Alan: thank you. It really was a song that I felt I simply had to write.
Replies 8 Views 146 Read More
Re: Getting a Gig Notes Norton 59 minutes ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I owe a lot to Peter Gannon. When I started writing aftermarket styles for BiaB, it was on the Atari computer. I took a classified ad in either Keyboard or Electronic Musician magazine offering the disk for sale. Peter Gannon called, and offered to convert it to the IBM format (Windows) so I could sell to the biggest BiaB audience. This act of kindness set me on the track for my part-time business (my main source of income is from gigging). Since then, I have continued to support BiaB with my software and word of mouth, encouraging other musicians on other forums to give BiaB a try. When writing aftermarket products for BiaB, I do my best not to compete with PG Music, but to enhance and support BiaB. Notes ♫
Replies 10 Views 235 Read More
Re: Roll Them Dice David Snyder 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
This is a peppy little number! I like the way your voice sounds Dave!! Your songs are always so good and it was good to hear Marty on the bass again. Great stuff.
Replies 17 Views 278 Read More
Re: Cut Time? Notes Norton 1 hour ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I have 3 EXPANDED Samba styles that should work. https://www.nortonmusic.com/styledemo.html#ss Notes ♫
Replies 1 Views 32 Read More
Re: Looking for OLDER forum members from the 90's Notes Norton 1 hour ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I first used BiaB when it was available on the Atari, and I miss Russell and Gary doesn't frequent here as much as he used to. Rharv still posts a lot. Things change. A lot of folks are gone, and a lot of new ones are here. Some, like Mac are gone to the great gig in the sky. Notes ♫
Replies 4 Views 122 Read More
Re: Extra Styles packs, macOS versions? Matt Finley 1 hour ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I haven’t had a Mac in many years, but my understanding is that the style files should just copy over. I think you may be asking about the RealTracks that are called by those style files. The Windows version uses .WMA files. These would need to be converted. The .WAV files of the audiophile version, if you have that, will work on the Mac.
Replies 3 Views 69 Read More
Re: 2023 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... floyd jane 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
This is Home. PGMusic is Family. The forums is a Family Reunion with ALL the relatives (the Crazy Uncles make it Fun!). This is like Christmas! Mom! Dad! This is JUST what I Wanted!!!! (OMG! I'll feed him and walk him and play with him Every Day!!!!) Y'all are Just Too Much!!! Be Creative. fj
Re: Looking for OLDER forum members from the 90's Matt Finley 1 hour ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Welcome back. The ‘joined’ dates associated with some of us who were here in the mid-1990s are not accurate because PG Music changed Forum software in the summer of 2000. The old posts, and post counts, were not preserved. Russell became very involved with model airplanes if I recall correctly. His interest shifted away several years ago. He gave us a lot of chuckles, and served as the model for the Ivan sociology experiment. Gary stopped out for a while, but returned. He remains one of the MIDI experts here. Rharv is still active and has always been one of the most knowledgeable posters here.
Replies 4 Views 122 Read More
Re: 2023 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... BabuMusic 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Congratulations to everyone on the Showcase! You folks at PGMusic are truly the ones to be congratulated. We get to play and you all work to make our play much better, much more fun, and if we ask for your help, you always give it as if we are the reason you wake up in the morning. hehe. AND you bring this incredible collection of creative and helpful music makers together to help, support and encourage one another. If the whole world was designed and run like PGMusic, what a wonderful world it would be. My favorite advances in the 2024 version are the Tracks View and all that can be accomplished there, the extended ways for partial regeneration, how all Utility Tracks are now editable on the Bar Settings, the floating windows that work seamlessly with the Chord Sheet, and of course the (F7) MultiPicker. Oh, yeah, and the increased speed. Thanks
Re: Extra Styles packs - bought when using Windows can In use for MacOS? joden 2 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by musocity
If you bought the Mac version when you already had the Win version I suppose you may as well buy the styles again also......or you can just copy them from the Windows Styles folder.
Thanks, I guess my point is WHY should I have to buy them again? Bit of a "gouge" by PG isn't it?
Replies 2 Views 38 Read More
Re: Extra Styles packs, macOS versions? joden 2 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by musocity
You just copy them from the windows Styles folder.
Thanks, will they use the AIFF files, or use MP3/M4a files?
Replies 3 Views 69 Read More
Re: BELIEVE IT OR NOT BlueAttitude 3 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Very impressive song! Good write and arrangement, and those vocals are crazy good, especially when you bring in the harmonies. Really well done, enjoyed.
Replies 20 Views 414 Read More
Re: Roll Them Dice BlueAttitude 3 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by floyd jane
Good Music. Guitars sound great. Bass & Drums, too. A nice Blues Rock write. Good Mix. Your vocals are Good. Very song/genre "appropriate". You seem to make the vocal "small" (in the overall). I think you need to make it Bigger. Not Louder (though it could be some), but Deeper, Thicker, Beefier. Bold (not Shy). Proud. fj
Well, I'm not intentionally trying to make them small smile I spend WAY more time trying to make my vocals sound halfway decent than I do with a vocal track from Chris, hers are easy 'cause they sound great even with no processing. But, I'll keep plugging away at it wink Thanks for all the support over the years, floyd, very much appreciated!
Re: Roll Them Dice BlueAttitude 3 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Bass Thumper
There's no gamble in listening to this, just an enjoyable ride smile I echo the comments above . . . well done.
Thanks, happy you liked it!
Re: Old Empty Shoebox tommyad 3 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
Fantastic storytelling ... I LOVE this song. I totally agree with David, this should be on the radio.
BDT, thanks for listening. I’m so glad you liked it!
Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 38 39
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Free Updates Available for PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 & RealBand 2024!

Using RealBand 2024 or PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024? Head to our support page for your free update!

RealBand 2024 Build 3 resolves the "expired program" error users were experiencing, along with a few other issues that were reported. It also adds the option to launch the Style Picker from the Tracks Window! Learn all about this patch and download it here.

A lot of what you see in RealBand you'll find in PowerTracks, as these are similar programs - so the "expired program" error was also occuring in PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024. Fortunately, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Build 3 resolves this!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Video: The New Tracks Window Explained

This tutorial covers the new Tracks Window added with Band-in-a-Box® 2024.

youtu.be/2QIT3cxYvxo

In this video, Simon explains how to locate and navigate through the new Tracks Window. Notice that this window is similar to tracks windows seen in most DAWs, and allows for lossless data manipulation in a familiar environment.

Learn even more about the new Tracks Window in our online program manual: www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#new-tracks-window-

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,086
Posts728,168
Members38,335
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Mark7951, andersE, dkalitow, NeilES, g.bold
38,335 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 180