Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: supertracks data location by MarioD @ 33 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DeaconBlues09Originally Posted By: fiddler2007create some variations or changing note lengths; with midi through DAW and maybe reimporting them ... Gotcha, TBH, I would personally import the basic tracks into Reaper and then use the built in piano roll and/or the stock sequencer (ReaSamplomatic5000) from that point out. If you want only a basic track then in BiaB have a measure or two of C7 or any other chord. MIDI transfer that to Reaper. If you want an entire son
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The Next Big Thing - co-write w/ Greg Johnson by 44kfl @ 55 minutes 15 seconds ago

Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Freezing up, other programs working by Matt Finley @ 56 minutes 50 seconds ago

Rule out the simple explanation: static electricity. Then check your RAM overnight with Memtest.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Giglio Bianco...new tune by furry @ 58 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Al-DavidHi Graham, You have such a wonderful touch on the keys. This is just so pretty. The piano has somewhat of a Baroque styling. I like Baroque over most other classical subgenres as it is generally more melodious and light. You tryly shined on this. Take a bow, mate! Alan Thanks Al, I prefer the more melodious classical music & opera myself. Hope Di's ok ?
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The Next Big Thing - co-write w/ Greg Johnson by floyd jane @ Today at 06:43 AM

Originally Posted By: 44kflHippies!!! Next you'll want us all to wear tie-dye and hold hands! super melodies brilliant and beautiful vocals, you both shine enjoyed, Kenny Just for YOU, Kenny!! Peace, Brother.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Truce by floyd jane @ Today at 06:40 AM

A big WOW, Kenny. Stellar write. "Found an old Mustang at a junkyard They’re just selling it off for parts And they don’t see it the same as I do When I see American art Cause I can hammer out the fenders Make it nearly good as new Get that engine back to purring Yeah these are things that I can do" Worth a quote, for sure. (Actually the whole song is). The backing carries the song perfectly. Nicely mixed. A great vocal. (I thought the vocal could have been "tucked in&qu
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The Way Of The World (Life's Carousel) by floyd jane @ Today at 06:28 AM

Noel, This is a delight. A strong write. Perhaps your best, (in my opinion). The first verse paints a picture of a moment in time which leads perfectly to the "philosophy" of the chorus. The chorus then states its purpose succinctly, simply, unequivocally... (the began/dance rhyme is nice, fresh). The second verse presents a nice expanded view, again with nicely painted pictures. The bridge expands out further. Nice. All leading back to the chorus as they should. The tag lines are a
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Love Gone by 90 dB @ Today at 06:26 AM

Ember, John and Eric, Thanks for the listen and kind words. Regards, Bob
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The Next Big Thing - co-writer w/ Greg Johnson by BlueAttitude @ Today at 06:19 AM

Great message! And a great song, nice melody and I love the vocal and harmonies. Nice job on the production and mix, as usual everything sounds perfect. Really enjoyed this one! I've listened a few times and will listen again. Collaborations are the best, well done all!
Songwriting
Jump to new posts Re: Quality vs creative Variety question. by Rustyspoon# @ Today at 05:48 AM

Tangmo, thanks! Surely an interesting take on things! Ok, the quality part is... When share my tunes with close friends, I ask of them to give me a honest opinion. In most cases they share a valid complaint...They are having difficulty understanding lyrics because they say: It sounds like you are in barrel.. Why? Now I know..FeQueNcY ClAShes...it only took me 20+ years to understand the correlation Another aspect what I consider a "quality" is adding parts / sounds / vocal elem
Jump to new posts Re: Future of Biab / RB? by MountainSide @ Today at 05:45 AM

2bSolo - My base computer is a Dell Special Edition XPS. The Intel 7700K processor has been over-clocked a bit to a constant 4.6MHz. My over clock speed is limited by thermal issues and without going to water cooling or more, I cannot run it stable past the current speed...although there seems to be quite a noticeable performance increase at 4.7Ghz, I just can't hold it steady there. With 4 RAM slots the computer can handle 64Gb but I think that the 32 that I have is more than needed. The
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Black Widow (Feat: PeterF on guitar) by Tano Music @ Today at 05:42 AM

Great execution of the blues! all the pieces were right-on! vocal, excellent...guitar solo, excellent...choice of the BIAB elements, perfect...couldn’t think of anything to improve on this...thanks for the great listen, And I’ll be super careful when I’m walking in the woods from now on!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Black Widow (Feat: PeterF on guitar) by BlueAttitude @ Today at 05:37 AM

This, in my opinion, is possibly the best blues song that has ever been posted to this forum, loved everything about it! Peter just absolutely nails the guitar, absolutely perfect! Great "feel", great tone, great chops. Love the production and mix on this, Bud, and the lyrics are fun too. And Janice has got it going on big time!! Listened on soundcloud a few days ago, enjoyed watching the video this time around Well done guys and gal!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Giglio Bianco...new tune by Tano Music @ Today at 05:34 AM

Graham, very nice composition. The classical nature of the harmonic movement and melody fit perfectly with your choice of instrumentation. The choir choice added great texture to the piano element. Resulting track is exactly what it was meant to be--ideal for restful listening. Well done!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Old Tiger by Tano Music @ Today at 05:26 AM

Misha… The soup is ready to be served! What an interesting, creative song! As I’ve said before, your particular life-view presents such interesting word combinations and choices, ones that I don’t think are normally heard in song lyrics. I thought the whole concept was great, and the execution is very well done. I especially liked the wordless singing that you added at the end, and the sound effects are perfect additions. Thanks for sharing your creative work!
Jump to new posts Re: supertracks data location by DeaconBlues09 @ Today at 05:25 AM

Originally Posted By: fiddler2007create some variations or changing note lengths; with midi through DAW and maybe reimporting them ... Gotcha, TBH, I would personally import the basic tracks into Reaper and then use the built in piano roll and/or the stock sequencer (ReaSamplomatic5000) from that point out.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The Way Of The World (Life's Carousel) by Tano Music @ Today at 05:18 AM

Noel… I like the way that you built this song… Thanks for explaining your architecture with the loop.. I think that that approach works very well, and probably replicates how someone would actually play, versus an entire track of time repeated sequences, like RTs sometimes yield. I liked your strong, clean vocal, and I especially liked the little tag that you added to the end to wind things up. Great work!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Giglio Bianco...new tune by BlueAttitude @ Today at 05:17 AM

Nice! I love your keyboard work and the choir is very effective. Enjoyed the listen!
Deutsches Band-in-a-Box User Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Realband delay by Brille @ Today at 05:17 AM

Hall Guen. Alyssa von PGMusic hat das Rücksetzen von RealBand jetzt in einem Thread im enlischen RealBand-Forum beschrieben: https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=490402#Post490402
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Black Widow (Feat: PeterF on guitar) by Janice & Bud @ Today at 05:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Al-DavidJanice, Bud and Peter, When I saw/heard the preview of this the other day, I said "Holy crap! Wait until this hits the forum!" Everything about this is beyond awesome. Peter's guitar just smokes, although in a calm and controlled way. The man has a great touch and soul for the music. Of course Janice's voice is a such a treat to all ears. And that Bud guy knows how to turn the knobs. Super!!! Alan Thanks Alan. We’ve had time for very few J&B pr
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Truce by BlueAttitude @ Today at 05:14 AM

Wowza! Man, that vocal ..... has your signature sound but on steroids! Love it. Good writing, chorus is strong and memorable. Track sounds great too, great groove. Another good one, Kenny!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The Way Of The World (Life's Carousel) by BlueAttitude @ Today at 05:00 AM

Love the positive nature of this! The world needs more feel good songs I think This is great, Noel, the mix sounds fabulous through the 'phones. That Bossa percussion track is the cats meow! And that guitar RT sounds great too, very interesting the way you put it together. And possibly your best vocal performance, especially during the chorus. My new favorite of yours I think, enjoyed very much!
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Freezing up, other programs working by VideoTrack @ Today at 05:00 AM

Joel Good points about privacy. They can only access with your consent, and you can see everything they do, including immediately halting the access at any time. Only you can decide, but there has never been a known documented issue with PGM assisting by remote access. Alternatively, there are scores of people who had had their problems resolved through this method.
Jump to new posts Re: supertracks data location by fiddler2007 @ Today at 04:45 AM

create some variations or changing note lengths; with midi through DAW and maybe reimporting them ...
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recently Loaded Songs by Dave @ Today at 04:12 AM

I use this function frequently but I find my files using the FILE command from the top ribbon (File, Edit, Options etc) The last 'used' files show up at he bottom of the drop down menu.
Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 ... 47 48 >
PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® for Windows Online Manual - Chord List & Shortcuts

Visit the Chord List of our Online Manual, and you'll see all the chords that can be used within the program! The list includes a few Tricky Chords and Shortcut Chords that you may find useful too!

Tricky Chords:
C5b This is "C flat 5." It is spelled this way to avoid confusion.
C2, C5, C4, C69, C7alt, Cm7#5
You can type C-7 for Cm7 (i.e. use the minus sign) or C7-9 for C7b9.

Shortcut Chords
If you enter a lot of songs, you will appreciate these shortcut keys.
J = Maj7
H = m7b5 (H stands for Half diminished)
D = dim
S = 7sus

There's even information on how to add your own chord shortcuts - check it out!

Video Request Answered - Creating Intros, Bridges, and Endings in Band-in-a-Box®

Check out the newest support video created by Kent that explains how to create intros, bridges, and endings in Band-in-a-Box®! Click here to view...

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker Feature

If you have a folder of songs that you'd always like easy access to within Band-in-a-Box, make sure you familiarize yourself with The SongPicker feature, which access the folder that you choose and lock it to!

Access the SongPicker by clicking on the [Song] button next to the title of the song within the main screen of Band-in-a-Box. The first time the SongPicker is opened, you can choose the folder to use to create the list by selecting [Change] and navigating to your preferred directory. Once chosen, select [OK - Make Song List], and Band-in-a-Box does the rest... the next time you click on [Song], you'll be taken directly to your preferred folder!

Learn even more about this feature within Chapter 5 of our Online Manual, here.

Just Launched - The FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!

If you have a question (or questions!) about Band-in-a-Box®, PowerTracks, RealBand®, or any other PG Music Inc. product - whether it be technical support or pre-sales, there's now an easy one-stop spot to find the answer - our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!

Don't want to read through the 600+ posts? Use the Search FAQ option, and you can choose your key search terms to locate the topic and answer you're looking for!

Common pre-sales questions about our products, ordering, and delivery:
Pre-Sales

Technical support & troubleshooting by product:
Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Band-in-a-Box® for Mac
RealBand® for Windows
PowerTracks Pro® Audio for Windows
Other Products

There's even a Request New FAQs forum, if you didn't see your question answered anywhere!

Over 190 Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Today's the day we say "Happy Birthday" to Adolphe Sax, the creator of the Saxophone!
(Adolphe was born November 6, 1814 - 32 years later he patended his saxophone creation!)

We have more than 190 Saxophone RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box with the following RealTracks Sets - review the complete list here.

Check our our Saxophonist programs for Windows:
The Jazz Saxophonist
The Rock Saxophonist

Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box®!

Here's some of the amazing feedback we've received lately, from program users just like you!

Arthritic fingers means I find it very difficult to play anything. This program is amazing - and it does use real musicians!
-Bob E.

The power of this program is just unbelievable! It's been a best kept secret for a couple of decades now. A song writer's dream!
-Mike D

This band can practice any time of day ...LOL
-William G

Band-in-a-Box works so simple you could teach a child to do it within minutes - the RealTracks are amazing. Doing an album as we speak. I challenge you to give it a try. I am 60 years old and even though I've played 50 years, I am no engineer. But as a song writer I needed some effective tools to create quality production of my work. This is IT! It's as easy as typing and filling in the blanks. The instructional videos allow you to change settings while watching the pro. I myself purchased every "RealTrack" I could get... Take it from me, don't let this overwhelm you. It is absolutely a writer and solo artist dream!
-John S

Best part of Band-in-a-Box is that it saves me having to program drums, the Real Drummer part of the software is brilliant and natural sounding. I then layer real instruments with guys from my band. As a songwriter, Band-in-a-Box has saved me so much time it's ridiculous.
-Andy B

Incredible Software. Great for ignorance and experts and for anyone who wants to deal with music. If you do not have a hobby and want to have one "Band-in-a-Box" is the best choice. Simple, but if you want to be an expert on it, you need to make an effort to master it perfectly for perfect use. The only disadvantage is if you do not want to become a musician, and use it, you will become a perfect musician. Therefore, be cautious. It's not a toy. ;)
-Ilija B.

Been a BIAB man since '92, such a comprehensive source for music making! So much more to offer than "loops", it allows actual music composition to be realized. Evolve from harmonic ignorance and find out what REAL music is made of!
-Don D.

A must for any musician who wants to improve on his own, or to share his musical ideas in a professional high quality rendition.. You just play with the best musicians and that's great ♪ :)
-Jean-Marie D.

I use Band in a Box all the time. I couldn't be more pleased. It's easy to use and it sounds super-big time!
-Max R.

An excellent tool for generating backing tracks. Saves me hours of MIDI programming. Combines the best of MIDI and live audio samples.
-Steve A.

Video Help - My Band-in-a-Box® Won't Open!

Our NEW I want a video that shows me how to .... forum is off to a GREAT start! We've answered the common question/issue of "My program won't open!" with the following video: How To: Return to Factory Settings outside Band-in-a-Box (Win).

Want to see a video about a particular issue your having with the program? Post your request here, we're happy to help!!

Forum Stats
28181 Members
59 Forums
54853 Topics
454614 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
jazzmanstever, Gary23, donshar0584, ronlomax, exnavyabfc

28181 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 195
Rustyspoon# 136