Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: No other instruments, can hear only drums by Mikke - PG Music @ 11 minutes 43 seconds ago

Hey Paddy, You may be seeing Styles in the StylePicker you have not purchased. You can set the Filters in the StylePicker to only show Styles you have the Tracks for. If you are working predominantly in RealTracks, for example, you can go to the Filters on the Top Left of the StylePicker and select Other > Show Styles with RealTracks/ RealDrums that are Found/ Not Found > Show Only Styles with RealTracks/ RealDrums that are FOUND
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Homage to My Cats by Ezekiel's Storm @ 13 minutes 15 seconds ago

I haven't heard your other version of this song; however, I really like this one. A nice gentle but frolicking melody. Meow!
Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin (Windows)
Jump to new posts Re: 614 Stand-Alone HUGE IMPROVEMENT in Rendering Time!!! by jcland @ 17 minutes 23 seconds ago

Major improvement but I was wondering, bbw4.exe is still a 32bit program running in the background. Didn't PG Music say they would be redoing it as a full 64bit program?
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: ♪ What Do You Say by Ezekiel's Storm @ 18 minutes 33 seconds ago

I really like this!!! I picture Fred Astaire dancing to and singing this. Your vocal is wonderful.
Jump to new posts Re: PlusPak Upgrade: no RealTrack updates by Andrew - PG Music @ 20 minutes 28 seconds ago

That is a normal result and you wouldn't normally need to run the utility manually. It gets run automatically when you install Band-in-a-Box, and if you're interested in what it did you can check the log file that it saves. Quote: >>>>>> mergeFolders source = E:\bb\Soundtrack MIDI Fakebook dest = E:\bb\Songs and Lessons\Soundtrack MIDI Fakebook backup = E:\bb\Data\Backup\Misc\ ERROR: source dir does not exist: E:\bb\Soundtrack MIDI Fakebook Files with STY extension are absen
Jump to new posts Re: Address violation.... in BIAB with Halion Sonic as default VST by Larry Kehl @ 20 minutes 50 seconds ago

I am confused about your post Fiddler - what are you trying say with that post of posts? Since the crash we, or at least I am talking about,ONLY occurs in BIAB 64 bit, it does NOT, repeat does not, occur in 32-BIT BIAB (yes JBridged to 64 bit). So I would suggest it is something that PG side of the house needs to dig into before looking at Steinberg for a cause & solution. (and I am no Steinberg fan boy - nor am I a PG "basher.")) Larry
Songwriting
Jump to new posts Re: 5 Things That Make Country Songs Great by HearToLearn @ 21 minutes 5 seconds ago

I always found this funny.
Band-in-a-Box for Windows FAQ
Jump to new posts Re: access violation message. BIAB freezes. by Mikke - PG Music @ 26 minutes 4 seconds ago

Hey Paddy, What Version of Windows and Band-in-a-Box are you currently running? First, always make sure you are using the latest update for your version: https://www.pgmusic.com/support.updates.win.htm Next, try running Band-in-a-Box as an Administrator: - Right-Click on the Band-in-a-Box Icon or bbw.exe in your bb folder. - Go to Properties > Select the Compatibility tab - On the lower half of the menu, ensure 'Always run this program as Administrator' is checked - Hit Apply > Ok
Jump to new posts Re: Piano SuperMidi track SMT 1885 not working in Halion Sonic? by Andrew - PG Music @ 35 minutes 5 seconds ago

This is probably because 1885 uses a HiQ instrument by default. which uses Sforzando. Try right-clicking on the track | Select MIDI Instrument | Select HiQ, and select "None". I'm not sure about 2185, that might be a typo because it is an RT, not an MST.
Jump to new posts Re: UltraPak external hard drive questions. by Andrew - PG Music @ 43 minutes 27 seconds ago

At this point I would suggest replacing the hard drive enclosure, as that seems to be the most likely culprit. If you have another drive that we shipped you at some point, just swap it into that one. Otherwise you could pick one up (just the enclosure I'm talking about, not a new hard disk) from your local electronics store.
Jump to new posts Re: Multi Horns by Notes Norton @ 50 minutes 27 seconds ago

I've done this with MIDI tracks. MIDI is so, so much more editiable. After separating in MIDI, I often assign horns from different synths to different parts so it sounds like players with different tones, I sometimes "stretch tune" them a bit, stagger the attacks just a tiny bit and do other things to make them sound what I think is better (hopefully the audience agrees). For pre-recorded tracks, I doubt it's possible. Insights and incites by Notes
Jump to new posts Extra Tracks by Pipeline @ 50 minutes 57 seconds ago

I posted this in https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=516139#Post516139 So I don't know what anyone else thinks ??? Originally Posted By: PipelineTo do it all in Biab they could have an 'Extra Tracks' button that opens a separate DAW style tracks window that you can drag n drop both Audio & Midi files in, as you get many user asking for extra audio tracks. This could have it's own separate mixer and on the BB Mixer have a Master slider for it, or maybe have
Jump to new posts Re: Printing Repeats in Chord Sheet by Dave @ 51 minutes 0 seconds ago

It's been said here many times, but again we should say - build your song first as a linear unit. Put in the repeated bars where they should be; put in any codas or endings. SAVE the song, play it through and make sure it sounds right, and then think about how to present it using the repeat / ending process. If you mess it up, as you probably will, you can always go back to the saved song and try again.
Jump to new posts Re: 614 Stand-Alone HUGE IMPROVEMENT in Rendering Time!!! by beatmaster @ 53 minutes 44 seconds ago

Thanks Mike will do.
Jump to new posts Re: Revisit an old important question: best MIDI sound by Notes Norton @ 53 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: John-LukeOriginally Posted By: Notes NortonOriginally Posted By: John-Luke[quote=Notes Norton]When using BiaB with one GM synth, I use the Ketron SD2. In your opinion, is it worth the money to replace the SD2 with the SD1000? (I think the membranes in my wallet may be shrinking soon) Notes With no doubt, my answser is yes. But take time to watch some vids on the net and read other user comments on the forums. Then you'll be able to decide. In general, sounds of the K
Jump to new posts Re: 614 Stand-Alone HUGE IMPROVEMENT in Rendering Time!!! by Mike Head @ 55 minutes 29 seconds ago

Hi The stand alone can be found at C bb / plugins / files / Band In A Box daw plugin standalone exe. Assuming you are installed to C just make a short cut. Very handy for making a quick render of a track or two to the desktop, or any windows file explorer location. Also good for making a stand alone midi file of say a midi melody track for import into other daws Mike
Originally Posted By: drkirkDan, It's interesting that in the release notes for build 614 there is this: "Added: Much faster MIDI renders: "No MIDI Renders" option in Custom Generate menu. If this is selected, any MIDI tracks will be left as MIDI and not rendered to wave which takes time." I'm interested in seeing if anyone else is experiencing this or if it is somehow unique to my particular setup or workflow. Build 614 is quite fast and overall many problems that I had w
Jump to new posts Re: Printing Repeats in Chord Sheet by Noel96 @ Today at 01:32 PM

Hi sj, Welcome to the forums. Tagging on to Dave's post... Just in case you haven't yet found the videos, they're at the below URL. https://www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbwin.htm Regards, Noel
Off-Topic
Joe, the key question is, how serious are you about this? Most ask about it, sound like they get it and a year later, they're back here in the forums asking the same questions. Others have given you great advice with some detailed info to learn. No need for me to add to that, I'll write in broader strokes. I don't know if you travel much but can you travel to Mexico for vacation and get by without knowing a word of Spanish? Sure, but you'll be fumbling around a lot and using Google Translat
Woodshedding - Learning to Play!
Wow... That is so smooth. The very first of many bands I played in, over the years, was a Ventures Cover band... 1966
Songwriting
Jump to new posts Re: 5 Things That Make Country Songs Great by MarioD @ Today at 01:24 PM

Originally Posted By: floyd janeOriginally Posted By: MarioDOriginally Posted By: GuitarhackerAnd here I was thinking it was all about prison, momma, dogs, pickup trucks and cold beer & hot girls... not necessarily in that order. You're spot on and in fact proven by Steve Goodman when he add the final verse to David Allen Coe's song You Never Even Called me by my Name, thus making it the perfect country song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAOVRkSCWmg Let's be accurate about this...
How do you get the stand alone ?. Where is it.
Jump to new posts 614 Stand-Alone HUGE IMPROVEMENT in Rendering Time!!! by JohnJohnJohn @ Today at 01:11 PM

I tested the stand-alone VST with a song that previously took more than 6 minutes to render and now it renders in...37 seconds!!! I then added multiriffs for the entire song and those 7 tracks rendered in 1-1/2 minutes. Again a HUGE improvement! I just wanted to congratulate PGM on their efforts and success in fixing this plugin! And I want to also thank Pipeline as well as others in this forum for tirelessly alpha/beta testing this over the past 7 weeks to help get us all to this point. I kn
Jump to new posts Re: UltraPak external hard drive questions. by bowlesj @ Today at 01:09 PM

Originally Posted By: jfordMight want to take a look at this link for more information. Thanks John, that is the exact message. I will dig into it. John
Woodshedding - Learning to Play!
https://youtu.be/Shk2O-ttdtU This year marks 60 years that I've known Nokie Edwards. Unfortunately, we lost him in 2018. Like Mario has said; Nokie, of Ventures fame, influenced more fledgling guitarists than nearly anyone else. R. I. P. my friend.
Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 ... 56 57 >
PG Music News
Video - the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin for Windows® in Cubase®

This video demonstrates the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin for Windows® in Cubase® - Watch now...

NOTE: This video will be expanded soon, with more material that goes through the installation and setup of the plugin, as well as more advanced uses of it.

View all of our the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin videos here, or check out the YouTube Playlist.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows: Installing Build Updates

In this video we go over the process of downloading and installing the Band in-a-Box® build updates: click here to watch

Build updates are available at: www.pgmusic.com/support.updates.win.htm

Band-in-a-Box® can also check for updates automatically - head to Help | Check for Updates and check-mark "Automatically check for updates every..." - then choose your days!

Video - the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin for Windows® in Nuendo®

Check out our latest video that demonstrates the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin for Windows® in Nuendo® - Watch now...

View all of our the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin videos here, or check out the YouTube Playlist.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Build 614 Available

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows users... Build 614 is available!

Learn more and download now...

Summary of changes for build 614:
Fixed: Songs would not save plugins on tracks that had a Hi-Q patch selected previously.
Fixed: Hi-Q Patches would not load if the Sforzando VSTi was not in the VSTi plugin list.
Fixed: The Sforzando VSTi was not automatically being added to the VSTi plugin list during bootup (64 bit only).
Fixed: Loading the Hi-Q patch "Hi-Q 040 01 Synth, Analog, FatBass Sforzando" would cause an access violation error.
Fixed: Track Settings > Set Track offset [0] was not working properly.
Fixed: Importing MusicXML files was failing to include melody notes and lyrics.

VST DAW Plugin 1.10.4 fixes:
Improved: Generation is much faster, at least 4X.
Added: Notification dialog when generation is complete, and a setting to toggle this on/off.
Added: 32-Bit AAX plugin for Pro Tools 10.
Fixed: Soloist not generating on first attempt.
Fixed: MIDI tracks could be rendered at wrong tempo in the Master.
Fixed: Multiriff playback and bar highlighting
Added: Much faster MIDI renders: "No MIDI Renders" option in Custom Generate menu. If this is selected, any MIDI tracks will be left as MIDI and not rendered to wave which takes time.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows® Download and Installation Tutorial

If you've purchased Band-in-a-Box® and want to download it to get started right away - make sure you check out our latest video for assistance! Click here to watch...

RealBand® 2019 New Features Video!

Learn more about the new RealBand® 2019 features with our RealBand® 2019 New Features Overview Video: Click here...

RealBand® is included in all Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Build 612 Available

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows users... Build 612 is available!

It includes the VST DAW Plugin patch too!!!

Learn more and download now...

Summary of changes:
Fixed: Songs would not load or save VST data if larger than 1 megabyte, displaying flash message error "VST/FX data is too large to save".
Fixed: It was not possible to use the N key while entering note based lyrics in the Notation window.
Fixed: Recorded MIDI would be erased if also recording audio.
Fixed: The MIDI Driver dialog would not show the selected VSTi or DXi synth after choosing one in the Plugins window.
Updated: PDF and help file documentation.

Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin 1.9.28 fixes:
There are lots of significant fixes and additions in this patch, especially related to some single track operations not working.

Fixed: Right-clicking generate bass track generated all individual tracks
Fixed: StylePicker, RealTracks Picker, and other style and instrument selection windows would sometimes open behind the main window, requiring you to alt+tab to see them.
Fixed: Loading demo from StylePicker or loading a song when a special track was already present sometimes added an extra RealTracks (special track) to page 2
Fixed: Output directory error.
Fixed: BBW sometimes not receiving message when run as administrator. This would cause some actions to hang or not work at all.
Fixed: Skip grey bars when moving selector through chordsheet.
Fixed: Dragging tracks into Reason would sometimes give a 'Not found' error message.
Fixed: AAX Plugin was not being recognized by Pro Tools.
Fixed: Problem scrolling chord table when crossing PartMarker during highlight.
Fixed: Repaint problem in Reason (possibly other DAWs).
Fixed: Some opened BB songs with realcharts on a frozen track would cause an access violation.
Added: Detailed log file written in BB Data folder bbw4exe_pluginLog.txt.
Fixed: Generation of single tracks would hang the program if the bb folder contained the file MaxPluginsToScan.txt containing Max=0. This file should not normally be present except in rare cases where a DX plugin scan failed.
Added: VST2 FX 32-bit version.
Improved: Installer has options for installing all plugin types. All files are now digitally signed.

Forum Stats
28781 Members
60 Forums
56421 Topics
470354 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Thomas EybGuitar, craigb, matej55, peter31Fr, aa4ga

28781 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
RobH 326
Pipeline 320