Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Best of YouTube
Jump to new posts Re: Copyright issues on Youtube by EatMe @ 1 minute 8 seconds ago

My youtube channel got deleted. There was a claim from the bpi.co.uk that "my own video" was proof of "my own video" being their content. I disputed with all song creation info, and N.N. (name needed) and no address. Youtube promptly deleted my channel. The claim got retracted, as in pulled back. I'm not able to upload videos anymore and my about 88.000 views on the channel and fans are lost.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: To One In Paradise (Synthesizer V) by dcuny @ 4 minutes 25 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitudeVocally I like it best when the two "singers" are singing together and off each other, that worked quite well I thought. Mine too! The problem for me is that it's really tempting to put in too much of it. When I get around to buying the program, I won't be limited to "only" two voices. But for now, I think it's a good limitation that's keeping me from going overboard. Quote:Great sounding track too, and nice mix. Thanks! I appreciate yo
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: To One In Paradise (Synthesizer V) by dcuny @ 8 minutes 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BabuMusicThat's really really cool, David. Quite amazing. Like painting with music. That counter-part harmony is perfect. A fun listen for sure!! I'm glad you liked it, thanks! Playing with synthetic voices can be constraining, but in some ways it's liberating because it also feels like painting with music.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: To One In Paradise (Synthesizer V) by dcuny @ 29 minutes 8 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: vicarnWell that was interesting. A little mechanical but I'd like to play with that synth. Maybe for backing vocals. Can you humanise it? I'm using the free version of Synthesizer V, and it's available for the Mac, Windows and Linux, so the barrier to entry is pretty low. The only English voice is only recorded at a single pitch, so as it moves out of the "best" range, it tends to get a bit nasal. However, changing the tension parameter helps with that. There's
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: Chord clicker by EatMe @ 35 minutes 14 seconds ago

Thank you all for taking the time to respond. I have updated the tool to version 2.05.226 .. When it is possible to program more features, I will release new versions. Please update your ChordLord. https://renoise.com/tools/chordlord for Renoise 3 https://renoise.com/download more info on how to use Renoise https://tutorials.renoise.com more info on how to use this ChordLord tool and the latest version: https://forum.renoise.com/t/hurray-for-ChordLord/62253
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: To One In Paradise (Synthesizer V) by dcuny @ 41 minutes 30 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Tano MusicDavid, I really enjoyed listening to this work! Hi Tom. That's the best I can hope for. Quote:I love the vocal harmonies. One of the great things about this forum is that new ideas come from listening to the work of others, and that is certainly true here. You’ve given me some new things to think about! While it's best to have real vocals in the end, I find it a lot more helpful to do a harmony mockup in Synthesizer V instead of using a MIDI flute - especiall
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: To One In Paradise (Synthesizer V) by dcuny @ 56 minutes 3 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: CaptainMotoWow, who needs singers? I was wondering about that vocal sound, then I read the explanation. I'll have to look into the Synthesizer V. Thanks, captain! Interestingly enough, the version of Synthesizer V I'm using is the free version, and it's a lot more functional (and better sounding) than the Tiny Vocaloid editor I'd been using. While the Tiny Vocaloid editor only allowed a single voice limited to 16 bars, the Basic version of Synthesizer V allows for two vo
Beginners Forum
Thank you for the prompt reply, MarioD. After further investigation I've discovered that REAPER's MIDI display is offset by one octave, so where I thought key #76 was F5 is in fact F4, at least according to https://computermusicresource.com/midikeys.html, i.e., there are two MIDI conventions one octave apart based upon where they locate middle C. Who knew? So, in answer to my question, the two mystery MIDI drum notes generated by BIAB are Hi and Low Block respectively. Problem solved.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: To One In Paradise (Synthesizer V) by dcuny @ Today at 08:23 AM

Originally Posted By: floyd janeThe mix is excellent. And the vocalist "settles in" well after the initial "ah...vocaloid..." Hi, floyd jane. Thanks, glad to hear it! Hopefully next time I can get a "ah, not vocaloid" for you!
Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)
Jump to new posts Re: Can't export realdrum as midi by MarioD @ Today at 08:06 AM

Originally Posted By: andywilsonHi I’m trying to export a realdrum as midi but it fails even in the DAW app. The track has the green line under its name and it’s got "Ntn301 to show it does have notation. Can anyone suggest what’s going wrong? Thanks Andy Hi Andy, Exactly how are you trying to export them? In the BiaB drag the RD to the mid window, then go to the DAW mode, open your DAW and drag the BiaB DAW mode + to your DAW. In the VST mode just drag the track's MIDI i
Beginners Forum
GM drums contain percussion instruments also. That is they may contain bongos, shakers, tambourines, etc. Most if not all of the better drum presets do not have percussion instruments, they only contain the main kit set. Thus you have to also have some percussion instrument presets to hear them. I run into this also. What I do is in my DAW I separate each drum and assign a GM drum map to each. This tells me what instrument that note is calling for. Then I choose a preset that matches that in
Beginners Forum
I'm using BIAB to create songs and then export them as MIDI for use in REAPER. I've noticed that the exported MIDI drum tracks frequently contain some MIDI notes that are outside of the range of the drums plugin I'm using in REAPER (in this case Boom by AIR Music Technology) nor are they referenced on the standard General MIDI Percussion Key Map. Obviously BIAB knows what elements of a drum kit those notes refer to, so is there a way to reveal that? For example, when BIAB MIDI indicates "n
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Here's To You by floyd jane @ Today at 07:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Leon1Another high quality piece of writing, Floyd. Terrific vocal, full of emotion and the band sounds great. Regards, Leon Thanks, Leon! Originally Posted By: raycWonderful song on all levels. The hand claps don't excite me but that's me. A voice that simultaneously radiates hurt & healing. Thanks, ray. The hand claps were a bit of an experiment...to give a little "new life" to an old song. Not for everyone, I know...I questioned them when I first put
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Exporting all but the mix by DiGiorgio @ Today at 07:21 AM

Hi , When I export my tracks to WAV files there is always the ‘mix’ version with the separate tracks. Is there a way to avoid this unnecessary file to be created ? Thanks.
Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)
Jump to new posts Can't export realdrum as midi by andywilson @ Today at 07:20 AM

Hi I’m trying to export a realdrum as midi but it fails even in the DAW app. The track has the green line under its name and it’s got "Ntn301 to show it does have notation. Can anyone suggest what’s going wrong? Thanks Andy
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Milly Anne by floyd jane @ Today at 07:19 AM

A nice listen, James. The BAND does a good job. The shaker is perfect for this. As others noted, your vocal recording techniques have gotten good. Very well balanced. A heartfelt lyric. fj
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: To One In Paradise (Synthesizer V) by Rustyspoon# @ Today at 07:18 AM

David, Solid composition! Lyrics work very well. Personally, I would prefer more bass, especially for the genre you chose. Besides that, fun listen! Those vocalizers are definitely getting better! Being a fan of ELO I can definitely hear influence. "She does the things you do. But she is an IBM" ELO (c) Correct me if I am wrong.... As I understand there are three main uses for vocal synths in music. #1 Composition / draft - instruction to live singer #2 Actual production to achie
Beginners Forum
The Display Options dialog’s Chordsheet Font drop down selection box affects the appearance of chord symbols in the Chordsheet – it does not affect the appearance of chord symbols in the Notation window. The route via the Notation Window Options dialog gets you to second base.
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: alternate instrument by Roycol @ Today at 07:09 AM

Thanks. That's very descriptive. Roy
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: yellow instruments by Roycol @ Today at 07:06 AM

Noel Thanks for that, Yes it may be when trying to listen to demos. I am up to date, 2021 build 822 Roy
Post your own Tips and Tricks here
Jump to new posts Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI by Ola @ Today at 06:55 AM

Thanks a million! I just updated from 2009 to 2021 and those grey icons was making me miserable. Hard to distinguish between and so drab that they almost made me depressed. Colors are great and lovely to look at! (You couldn't tell from my profile photo, but the only current one I had was from my driver's license )
If reduced enough it eliminates the rude drum hits and cymbal crashes or choked cymbals but it does eliminate the push completely from the drum track. I suppose pushed cymbals could be added in a DAW later.
Let us all know how it works. This has been a long issue and I was surprized to see this option available. Does it solve the problem? Yea or Nay?
RealBand
Jump to new posts Merging tracks in Real Band by silvertop @ Today at 06:32 AM

(BB 2015 & Real Band build 417. Win 8)) As I understand the manual to merge I highlight my four tracks (mono), select destination track in menu box, decide to keep fx etc. However on OK I am told my destination track has data on it and therefore cannot be used. It hasn't. It does have straight blue lines though. In fact all 48 tracks are seen as having data on them as I cannot use 'insert blank track command either' Am I configuring 'new file' incorrectly in some way?
PowerTracks Pro Audio
Originally Posted By: Jim FogleYou may want to contact PG Music Support. I updated my 2009 version of BIAB to 2021 yesterday and was delighted to get the included SynthFont 64 to work perfectly with all my GM soundfonts without any hassle. All instruments loaded automatically just like you described! As I haven’t bought the 2021 version of PowerTracks with 64-bit support yet, I couldn’t try it there, but of, course, I received the RealBand 2021 with BIAB! So I started it and hoped to have t
Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 ... 44 45 >
PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac Update Available!

We've updated our Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac to enhance Big Sur and M1 capabilities, improve the notation window, resolve AIFF rendering errors, as well as addressing a few other user-reported issues.

Using Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac? Update for free today.

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2021!

Already purchased PowerTracks Pro Audio 2021? Make sure you update it for free today!

Our development team has been listening to user feedback, and applied some updates to address user-reported program concerns.

Learn more...

Band-in-a-Box® Guitar Features!

Today* is Get Out Your Guitar Day!

Band-in-a-Box® has many features for guitarists, whether you're learning or on your way to being a pro, or you are a pro!

Are you using an UltraPAK+ or own the Songs & Lessons PAK? Lessons from our Master Solos Series can be accessed right in the Practice Window! (Alt Shift L)

Use the resizable Guitar Window to follow-along with the on-screen fretboard, which is customizable to displays alternate guitar tunings, notes are highlighted as the song plays, and includes many more useful features for to help you learn!

The Woodshedding feature is perfect to help you progress while learning a song along with Band-in-a-Box®! This feature speeds up the song every time the song loops to the beginning, and you can also choose to loop a highlighted section within the song to really focus on the you could use a little more practice with.

Most of our guitar RealTracks include RealCharts so that you can see the notation and tab, allowing you to see exactly what the pros are playing!

A Band-in-a-Box® 2021 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition includes over 1,400 guitar RealTracks contributed by more than 50 different REAL musicians!

There are so many things a guitarist can do with Band-in-a-Box® - what's your favorite guitar feature? Do you have a "go-to" RealTracks Guitarist Artist you use for most of your songs?

*February 11, 2021

Big Sur & M1 Compatibility Added to Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac today!

Here at PG Music, development never stops! If you're using the 2020 version of Band-in-a-Box® for Mac with your Big Sur or a Mac M1 computer, download the latest update which adds support for macOS Big Sur, and is compatible with Apple Silicon (M1) Macs!

This update will also resolve any color display issues within the program, resize the windows without unexpectedly closing the program, add notation enhancements, and resolve a few other user-reported issues!

Download & learn more about the updated Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac.

Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows for Free!

Using Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows? Download the latest free update today!

With this latest update, notation display in Japanese has been enhanced, improvements have been applied to Bar and Song Settings, the MIDI volume change events will now be included in exported MIDI files, you can now import the lyrics with your MIDI files, export Utility Tracks notation as video, and we've resolved additional user-reported issues.

Make sure you download your latest Band-in-a-Box 2021 for Windows update today!

Tip: Head to Help | Check for Update... to put a checkmark beside "Automatically check for updates every..." and choose your day count to always stay up-to-date with your installation of Band-in-a-Box®!

Did You Win a Band-in-a-Box® 2021 UltraPAK?

It's that time again - we've announced our 2020 User Showcase Awards!

In 2020 there were 1,310 new & original compositions shared by 197 different artists to our User Showcase Forum! If you contributed, make sure you read the announcement to see if you're on the winners list!

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2021 is Here!

Now available: PowerTracks Pro Audio 2021 for Windows!

This new version is a 64-bit application that now supports 64-bit VST/VSTi and 64-bit DX/DXi plugins without needing to use jBridge! With this new version you can import floating point 32-bit WAV files, save exact chord text to XML, display 4/4 notation as cut time, 4/4 can be displayed as 2/4, and more!

Upgrade for as little as $29 here!

Learn all about PowerTracks Pro Audio 2021 for Windows.

Forum Stats
33939 Members
67 Forums
68283 Topics
585263 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Laurence Gilbert, Akira, bugera, MandyMiller, UdoPi

33938 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 223
dcuny 182