Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: There are too few modern synths by Pipeline @ 16 minutes 55 seconds ago

See Full Screen
Jump to new posts One Song won't transpose. Several other songs do transpose. by cfcboc @ 27 minutes 36 seconds ago

Using BIAB 2021 (840) So I pulled up a song to work on it and find a good style to use. Found a style and loaded it into the song. Played just fine in the Key of F. Did a transpose using the screen transpose function, moved the Key from F to C in the First column to set key AND transpose. Chords on screen all changed to the key of C. Generated the Song, but playback continues in Key of F. Tried the Edit Menu: Transpose function using semitones. Same result, no transpose but chord signatures co
Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)
Jump to new posts Help with new GPU...what to buy by Planobilly @ Today at 10:30 PM

Hi, The Radeon RX570 I got from Newegg for the i9 computer I built is not working correctly. Newegg will not take it back so I have to try to deal with the MFG. OK what ever. I want to buy another GPU under $600 to put in the i9. What do you recommend? I will put the RX 570 back in if it ever gets replaced by the mfg or put it in the new i5 machine. I am really tired of all the made in china BS. Turn all this computer crap off and go back to two inch tape...lol Billy
RealBand Wishlist
Thanks Pipeline! I wasn't aware of CTRL+T so far. That's a very useful option until there are truely movable and truely maximizable floating windows.
User Showcase
Thanks!
RealBand Wishlist
If it could be like Biab with Movable Piano Roll Window. Do you use ctrl-T to hide the top toolbar. 2 Monitors will give them both full.
RealBand
rharv & Charlie, ok - I've checked both so far but my files didn't have any BiaB markers, so that's why I couldn't find out what kind of markers those are. I haven't really used the Data Filter so far, but I'll integrate it more consciously now. Thanks, U2!
Jump to new posts Re: There are too few modern synths by swingbabymix @ Today at 09:53 PM

When I open open song in jjazzlab, it will get stuck. Have you met it? https://ufile.io/958azv31
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Free Kontakt Download - 25th Anniversary Special by JohnJohnJohn @ Today at 09:50 PM

Thanks Dan! I grabbed it and it appeared instantly in Native Access so I downloaded and installed. It has a lot of nice sounds. And can't beat the price!
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Jump to new posts Re: Does anyone have a .SGU file for by Pipeline @ Today at 09:45 PM

See if this is it ?
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: C'est pas si facile (Funk) by NigelSpiers @ Today at 08:44 PM

Hi Chris, Good funky song - enjoyed it right to the end. Well done. Best Regards Nigel
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Mercy by NigelSpiers @ Today at 08:40 PM

Hi James, Nice song and I quite like the spoken vocals (not whole song). However it would be improved by rolling off the vocals at around 130 Hz - they are very boomy. No need to re-record - just a 2 minute tweak in your DAW. Best Regards Nigel
Off-Topic
This is not a sustainable model, and no one would become a songwriter based on this level of pay.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: On a morning, a song with Scott... by NigelSpiers @ Today at 08:35 PM

Hi Scott, Great song and excellent guitar intro - could have done with some more fills and breaks from that guitarist. Best Regards Nigel
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: New Guitar...You got to keep up Eddie...lol by Planobilly @ Today at 08:33 PM

That is a really cool-looking guitar. I think I would like the Bigsby. The first choice for me has been Kahler tremolo and second Floyd Rose. I am not sure what you call that white stuff out the window but I am pretty sure I don't want any...lol Cheers, Billy
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: PROJECT M presents HAPPINESS by NigelSpiers @ Today at 08:30 PM

Hi Andi, A good rocker - well done. Best Regards Nigel
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: PROJECT M presents THE WAY WITHOUT YOU by NigelSpiers @ Today at 08:27 PM

Hi Andi, The song sounds quite promising - however the vocals are very far back in the mix. I would like to hear a remix with the vocals up front and the treble taken off them. Best Regards Nigel
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Cecil Ramirez by rockstar_not @ Today at 08:27 PM

Go fund me balance at $25,652 at time of this entry
Off-Topic
https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/heres-exactly-what-spotify-apple-and-other-streaming-services-want-to-pay-songwriters-from-2023-onwards/
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: New Guitar...You got to keep up Eddie...lol by rockstar_not @ Today at 08:24 PM

Ok if we are showing recent guitar purchases, I’m falling in love with my first guitar with a Bigsby. Bought used. The Bigsby suits me so much better than a strat type trem. Gretsch Electromatic 5410t “Rat Rod”
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Jump to new posts Does anyone have a .SGU file for by Rob Helms @ Today at 08:13 PM

The Bee Gees song “Words”
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: In Search of the Dreamer by Tommyc @ Today at 08:04 PM

Thank You So Much Moto!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Pop Music Demo by Gary Weder @ Today at 07:50 PM

Hi Charlie. This thread interests me because as an old guy (i'm 66) I am bored with the same old- same old in Biab. I am looking to take my music in new modern directions. I have even got a new controller keyboard (m-audio oxygen pro 61)...Yeah . Charlie Wrote <" The song was composed after reviewing the 'Make BIAB more useful to contemporary songwriters' post in the PG Music Wishlists Forum. https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=645362#Post645
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Way off topic - security ?s by VideoTrack @ Today at 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By: SundanceThank you so much guys. My driveway is too dark. I really appreciate all the great info. I knew y'all would point me to the right path. Josie Motion sensor security lighting might be a very good deterrent (in case someone also attempts to place a banjo alongside the accordion... ). The units come complete with bright low-power LED lighting and integrated motion sensor, adjustable timing - typically a few seconds to 10 minutes, and an adjustable light
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Wasted by PeterF @ Today at 07:33 PM

floyd Got a bit of writers block in stating the superlatives about your song. Really good...top notch etc. Deserves all the wonderful accolades it has received. Great vocal and a superb production. If Dave is reading this - the guitar at 2.05 sounds like the song Simple Man. Almost posted our song called "Wasted" - might do so soon - slightly different type of wasted however. Peter
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 ... 40 41 >
PG Music News
A Look Back... Band-in-a-Box® 2015 NAMM Demonstration #TBT

Watch Tobin (and Charlie!) demonstrate Band-in-a-Box® 2015 for Windows at the 2015 NAMM Show: Play video...

Tobin does a great job of showing just how easy it is to create a song with Band-in-a-Box!

This video was posted on January 23, 2015 to the Keyboard Instrument Chops and Gear YouTube Channel.

Enhance Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Installation

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows users - update for FREE today!

We've added a new "record using" option within the Audio Settings dialog, and updated many existing features based on user feedback.

This free update also includes the most recent build of our DAW Plugin (3.9.12).

Learn more about this free update and download it today.

Ordering Your Band-in-a-Box® is Easy!

When you order any PG Music products directly from www.pgmusic.com (or www.bandinabox.com) you'll receive immediate links to start downloading your order! Even if you choose to have a backup copy of your Band-in-a-Box® packages shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - no need to wait!

We've made it even easier to get started with Band-in-a-Box® with the Easy Payment Plan 4 - when you choose this payment option you'll pay four equal monthly payments starting on the day of your order.

Choose your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows package & order here.

Using Mac? Order here.

When you get to the checkout, simply click on Select Easy Payment Plan 4 for this product to apply this option.

Note: This only applies to this Band-in-a-Box product, and does not apply to other products that you might have in your order, including the physical backup copy if selected.

Band-in-a-Box® File Associations

You may have noticed when you were installing Band-in-a-Box® for Windows that you were asked if you would like to Associate Band-in-a-Box songs and styles with Band-in-a-Box? But, what does that mean?

It's actually pretty simple - basically, if you select this option while you're installing the program, files with the extensions .SGU, .MGU, and other Band-in-a-Box files will open directly in the program if you select them from outside the program.

Missed this option during your setup, but you'd like to apply it now? Go to File | File Utilities | Associate File types with Explorer within the program.

New Update for RealBand 2021 Available!

Do you use RealBand (included in all Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases)? Download the latest free update, which resolves a small viewing issue for Windows 11 users.

When you download the latest update for RealBand 2021, it will add all the updates we've made this year. See the full list here.

Ear Training Games in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

October 1, 2021 is National Kids Music Day!

Head to the Practice Window in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, and you'll see fun games that are fun ear training options for kids: Music Replay & Pitch Invasion.

Of course, you don't have to be a kid to like these games, I think there a fun way to learn at any age!

Music Replay is just what it sounds like - the program plays a 1-bar melody, and the user plays it back. Get it right, and you'll keep building that melody (and skill) within the game - get it wrong, and you'll be met with a warning tone and have to try again... it's quite addictive, and a lot of fun!

If you like a classic arcade game, then you'll love Pitch Invasion! We've managed to incorporate aliens with pitch-recognition skills in this exciting game, where you'll match the pitch of the alien ship descending towards your planet trying to destroy your collection of instruments - match the pitch and you've saved your instruments, make a mistake and the ship keeps coming... you'll have a few tries to get it right, if you're quick, but if all your instruments are destroyed - it's game over! The game speeds up as your skills improve, and you'll earn points along the way, with bonus points available throughout the game.

Open up your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows today to give it a try!

These ear training games are also included in Musical Arcade for Windows.

How to Make Backing Tracks with Band-in-a-Box®, by Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® endorsing artist Nick Kellie recently got his hands on the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac, and put together this video showing off just how easy it is to make backing tracks in Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box Demo - How to make backing tracks

Forum Stats
35015 Members
66 Forums
71322 Topics
618780 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
RickRails, Jamx888, saraj176, deepee, Bob McKillop

35014 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 259