Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Bug [Resolved] BIABman 1 hour ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by DrDan
... One of the biggest CD are the styles themselves. How many times has the fix for a specific problem been - choose a different style? Another common CD are the tracks themselves, remember "not all tracks are the same". It is just the nature of the beast. All you can do is try it and if it works great and if not, well put a note in the forum. crazy
👍
Replies 99 Views 2,244 Read More
Re: Here’s a no-brainer ....install Cakewalk and the TTS-1 64 bit (free) tony10000 1 hour ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
TTS-1 has officially been pulled from Cakewalk: “The TTS-1 synth is no longer installed by Cakewalk, by request from Roland. This product is no longer supported and has reached end of life. Older installed versions may continue to work but it is no longer a default for insert instrument.” https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/74606-end-of-life-for-tts-1/
Replies 79 Views 50,484 Read More
Re: Bug [Resolved] DrDan 1 hour ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Both you guys are on the right track. grin In general, what is happening with the MC features is the same thing which applies to many features in BIAB. I call it "Conditional Dependence". The feature operates or does not operate as you expect: depending upon conditions which we don't know and which we may or may not be able to control. Simple right? One of the biggest CD are the styles themselves. How many times has the fix for a specific problem been - choose a different style? Another common CD are the tracks themselves, remember "not all tracks are the same". It is just the nature of the beast. All you can do is try it and if it works great and if not, well put a note in the forum. crazy
Re: Bug - please mark as Resolved. BIABman 2 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by AudioTrack
Originally Posted by BIABman
OK, Back to basics. I need to get some clarification. Please explain if the Band Demo you mentioned above played the smooth triplet eights you are seeking. Yes, or No?
There were no micro chords involved in the Band demo/style discussion.
OK, so if the recording artist didn't record any audio passage on the micro-chord beats, there's no audio to play back. Period. These are pre-recorded audio passages, from 1 to several bars long. It's been explained that this particular style consists of long held chords that resonate.
Thanks AudioTrack, but we're still not on the same page with this. frown I understood what you were trying to say about this the first time you were explaining about what the musician recorded at the session. "OK, so if the recording artist didn't record any audio passage on the micro-chord beats, there's no audio to play back. Period." You've reached an erroneous conclusion here. First of all you are talking about "the recording artist". Which artist are you referring to? Certainly not the band demo artist because they have nothing to do with this conversation at all. So that leaves the recording artist who played the vibes in the style _Jazvibe.sty. How do you know what he/she recorded? How do you know they DID NOT record any micro chords? Micro chords are being played in my song. Just not the right ones and not in the right rhythm. Do you understand what I am saying now? They could have recorded 100 micro chords. We just don't know. Or micro chords might be using a special BIAB algorithm, where they take a full chord and chop it up on the fly. I don't know about that, do you? In any event neither you nor I know what "the recording artist" for the style recorded. And to say, just because I am not getting the micro chord to play, "Well that proves the artist never recorded those specific micro chords" is erroneous I think. I need to add one more very important point. You might have missed the exchange I was having with Matt yesterday on this subject. To both his and my surprise we actually discovered the micro chords being played perfectly in one of my test songs!!! Neither he nor I know how they were entered but they are there for anyone to listen to! What does this prove? It proves that "the recording artist" did in fact record these micro chords OR BIAB is using a special algorithm to create these chords on the fly as I mentioned above.
Re: Melodyne Upgrade DrDan 2 hours ago Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
You know what they say, "... better to have the features and not need them, then to need the features and not have them". https://pluginfox.com/pages/compare-melodyne-versions But in my case, this was needed: DNA Direct Note Access So I went Editor when the next big sale came along.
Replies 3 Views 78 Read More
Re: Bug - please mark as Resolved. AudioTrack 2 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by BIABman
OK, Back to basics. I need to get some clarification. Please explain if the Band Demo you mentioned above played the smooth triplet eights you are seeking. Yes, or No?
There were no micro chords involved in the Band demo/style discussion.
OK, so if the recording artist didn't record any audio passage on the micro-chord beats, there's no audio to play back. Period. These are pre-recorded audio passages, from 1 to several bars long. It's been explained that this particular style consists of long held chords that resonate.
Re: Melodyne Upgrade dcuny 2 hours ago Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by David Snyder
Is there anything that the editor has for the extra $199 that you just absolutely can't do without??
The editor features are: DNA Direct Note Access – algorithms for polyphonic instruments such as piano and guitar Editing of individual notes within chords – with all the tools and macros Extended tempo functions – map and edit sudden or gradual changes of tempo Extended scale functions – create and modify scales; extract scales from audio material Unfortunately, it doesn't handle polyphonic vocals. I've got some old choir recordings I'd love to be able to edit, but that's beyond Melodyne's ability.
Re: Adventures with BIAB 2024 tony10000 2 hours ago Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Good info...I have to check it out. Drinking from a fire hose right now with BIAB!
Replies 8 Views 208 Read More
Re: Mac 2024 Jay Zehr Yesterday at 11:09 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Any word yet? Really champing on the bit to upgrade! I’m trying hard to resist just getting the Mac 23 version, have some unfinished projects I want to work on.
Replies 14 Views 1,066 Read More
Re: iZotope Neutron FREE David Snyder Yesterday at 10:51 PM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I have Neutron 3, and Neutron 4 Elements, but I am really glad I got Neutron Elements, the first one. It allows you to use a lot of presets and gives you the ability to manipulate EQ. It is so lightweight you can put it on every track. The new Neutron Essentials 4 is mostly an AI assistant, and to do the stuff I want to do, you have to upgrade (so it is kind of a downgrade), and I am fine with Neutron 3 anyway. I stopped Ozone at Ozone 9. Love it. Hated Ozone 10. Ozone 5 is a beast. Still my Fav. I see other producers on the web swear by it too.
Replies 5 Views 132 Read More
Re: Cold Rain And Snow (featuring PeterF on guitar) Janice & Bud Yesterday at 10:16 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by musician17
Well done, Janice! An edge to your voice I'm not sure I've heard before. Peter: I love how your solo is both a "solo", but also sits in the mix, without being too far forward ... excellent. This blues and rock take on it really works! Congratulations to all involved, the production (Bud, I'm looking at you) is nothing short of flawless.
We couldn’t ask for more than that. Thank you! J&B
Replies 33 Views 1,179 Read More
Re: Walk Them Blues Away rayc Yesterday at 10:02 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
A good, relatively easy, challenge is to recite the alphabet by SOUND rather than letter name. It's something I taught for 30 years or so...simply because folk were being taught "A" before "a" which is spectacularly unhelpful when learning to read. It usually took about three months to get a room full of 12 year old kids able to read it by sound...a very few were able to do it without reading. Mind you I taught the names of the letters with pre Webster sounds so it ends with zed rather than zee. That man REALLY did a number of spelling & phonetics simply to break ties with Britain in the only way he had control of.
Replies 24 Views 691 Read More
Re: Melodyne Upgrade David Snyder Yesterday at 10:00 PM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I recently got the upgrade to assistant and that seems to work out really really well for me. Is there anything that the editor has for the extra $199 that you just absolutely can't do without??
Re: Walk Them Blues Away Bass Thumper Yesterday at 09:37 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Peter and Brad, thanks for the listen and feedback. David, thanks to you too. Your wetware is definately firing on all cylinders; it took a bit to think of a double-meaning title smile
Replies 24 Views 691 Read More
Re: How can we use our dreaming brains to be more musically creative? Bass Thumper Yesterday at 09:32 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
More power to you guys, especially Janice. Just remember . . . no broken collar bones! smile
Replies 19 Views 560 Read More
Re: This Cold Spring rsdean Yesterday at 09:06 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Janne, Another excellent production. The vocal and mix is superb. Great song. Much enjoyed! Bob
Replies 13 Views 231 Read More
Re: Bug - please mark as Resolved. justanoldmuso Yesterday at 08:46 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
drdan and bbman... when i tested both sites i just got the file...nothing else...so im amazed. no warning from antivirus etc either. anyhoo..ive given the old college try and will bow out now...n watch the soccer. i will be interested to see if anyone produces a better solution.. im prepared to get egg on my face...but i feel the solution lies in piano roll use. anyhoo good news england won...lol. happiness. om
Re: Bug - please mark as Resolved. BIABman Yesterday at 08:36 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by DrDan
... What you are giving us is a "workaround". Which may be fine. (BTW, I tried to DL you version using midi in the piano roll, but that site you use for storage tried to DL other software along with your file!! - Please git a google account and use the free Goggle Drive like everyone else. So I can't listen to your file to see exactly how effective your workaround was. I feel the OPs challenge should remain open until Simon gives it ago and either shows us how it is done or acknowledges it is not working .This thread is NOT resolved.
👍 Thanks again Dan. You are quite right with what you wrote to Muso above. One small thing though. I made several threads in a flurry a week or so ago. There is actually another thread I made dedicated to this Micro Chord problem (which I do believe is a bug). In this thread however I stated at the top: "I can copy and paste any regular chord from one bar to another, but I can't copy/paste a micro chord bar!" So this thread was about copying and pasting the micro chords that were typed in. Not about getting them to play properly. We eventually figured out why the chords weren't being copied properly on my computer. To copy a bar, I had always simply clicked on a bar with chords and hit Ctrl-C (copy) and then clicked on the bar I wanted to copy to and then hit Ctrl-V (paste). How was I to know that Micro Chords can not be copied using this method? smile
Re: Bug - please mark as Resolved. DrDan Yesterday at 08:18 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
OM, you are being very king and helpful, as always, but... you are way off the mark with this one. (respectively said). The OP wants to use the BIAB features for MicroChords. You know that feature that allows you to place chords in a bar at 1/16th note resolution. It was one of the new 50 new features from years back now. In the F6 menu it has a selection for "triplets". Triplets are not something the OP hears in his head, it is a well defined sound and understood form of notation and playback. But the Micro Chords is NOT playing the chords in this manner. What you are giving us is a "workaround". Which may be fine. (BTW, I tried to DL you version using midi in the piano roll, but that site you use for storage tried to DL other software along with your file!! - Please git a google account and use the free Goggle Drive like everyone else. So I can't listen to your file to see exactly how effective your workaround was. I feel the OPs challenge should remain open until Simon gives it ago and either shows us how it is done or acknowledges it is not working .This thread is NOT resolved.
Re: This Cold Spring Janice & Bud Yesterday at 08:16 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
This song was worth the wait, Janne. 😊 The light feel of the band does indeed work well with the sad lyric and we can relate to your cry for the birds and the blooms. One of Janice’s sisters lives in the NC mountains and she is always ready for the return of her birds and blooms in the springtime. The synths worked well, the write was nice and you wrapped it all in a mix that sounds excellent on the Kalis. Well done! J&B PS We have five days of spring left and the temperature is 98 F. Not a lot of fun outdoors!
Replies 13 Views 231 Read More
Re: Bug - please mark as Resolved. justanoldmuso Yesterday at 07:54 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
bbman... england 1 serbia 0...so far...yay.. ive taken it as far as i can mate... 1.. was mainly focused on bar 14 with an example of triplets per your image. 2..if you want long held notes you can draw them in piano roll... and remember to leave bar blank in chords window. 3..for vibes...just use a plugin with the midi piano roll driving vibes setting....be carefull in piano roll top left to set to the right track so you see the notes in the piano roll mate. i think where the disconnect is that you want bb track generation to reflect your bar chord arrangement as you hear in your head... eg long held notes...but the only way to get what you want and hear what is in your head...im afraid in this song you will need to get down n dirty with the piano roll and enter the notes you wanr...so you take back control from bb generation. its very important that even tho you enter your chords a certain way in chord window it doesnt necessarily mean bb track generation will obey what you hear in your head mate. its the same with my songs...eg in my sig..out of 100 songs ive done in bb/rb ...they all needed some editing ...and moveing notes and bars n riffs around till i got what i heard in my head. heres a big tip for you...in rb is a nifty feature for midi tracks whereby... an example...lets say you liked that bar 14 and you want same triplets arrange in say bar 39 in rb BARS VIEW...you just copy n paste 14 to 39. all im saying mate is...sometimes you can get lucky with bb generating a track as per what you hear in your mind...just dont bank on it. if you want notes to be perfect as you hear in your head re arrangement ya gotta get into the piano roll...THEN have the piano roll drive a playable real track...this gives you control rather than bb. Bottom line...with this type of song i would get what i hear in my head useing piano roll and or a midi kbd...rather than relying bb to create tracks and making decisions. keep jazzin... om 🇨🇦🇨🇦 🇬🇧🇬🇧
Re: LOOKING FOR TIME Janice & Bud Yesterday at 07:23 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ditto what floyd said AND this would be perfect for Lucinda as it has her feel all over it. And in particular her Essence album. Great vocal, mix and that held guitar simply nails the feel. The power of BiaB in talented hands is always amazing. Yep, we love it! J&B
Replies 30 Views 906 Read More
Re: Bug - please mark as Resolved. BIABman Yesterday at 07:22 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by justanoldmuso
bbman.. ok found a site...dload link https://files.fm/u/mhdsuvn6be tell me if it works.....OR... https://www.uploadlite.com/d/QwLuKoON3AZeLW om
Thanks again for helping muso! I got the file. smile Nice sparse piano playing. There's just a few problems though. I'm looking for vibes. I'm looking for long held notes with the vibes. And most importantly with this challenge, I'm looking for that micro chord triplet (E9,F9) (E9,F9). smile
Re: Endless Dream Janice & Bud Yesterday at 07:12 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
We love the sax and the electric piano and that bass sounds good as it sits tonally and chop wise nicely in the mix. Your lead vocal is awesome as are the dreamy harmonies. The offering of a fine narrative with so few lines is the sign of a great write indeed. Sounds like a credit song playing at the end of a movie or series. You and Mike are a high bar team. Enjoyed it! J&B
Replies 21 Views 620 Read More
Re: I am running BIAB 2021 Noel96 Yesterday at 06:57 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I don't fully understand what you are meaning. When you say "when using a random track to check everything is working, it records fine", what do you mean by "a random track".Could you please tell me which number is your "random track"? (Mixer tracks are numbered from the top down. This means that the Bass track is #1, the Audio track is #9, the Thru track is #8, etc.) Also, when you say, "when I switch to the track I'm actually working on", what track number is that one? [Linked Image]
Replies 4 Views 85 Read More
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 28 29
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Band-in-a-Box® + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!

Since AI is now readily available online as a resource for many things, we recently put together and shared a video where we demonstrated how to create a song using Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V; we've also shared a Bob Doyle Media video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band in A Box, showing how they utilize AI for their song projects. Now it's time to share Henry's video, Band-in-a-Box + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!, where he demonstrates how to use ChatGPT and Band-in-a-Box to whip a song project together in only 3-4 hours.

Watch the video.

Visit Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite, to find a large collection of tutorials showing the viewer how to achieve amazing results using Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics81,997
Posts740,212
Members38,655
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
paraschiv25, Helm73, JohnRiversaa, DaveHornet, EnzoJames
38,654 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)