Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Big Clock for Biab Win zedd 52 minutes ago Forum: Post your own Tips and Tricks here Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hey Pipeline, Great work with this! Any chance it would be simple for you to create a version of this for the Mac version? This would work perfectly for me until PGMusic builds it into the interface. Or just having this as an official option in the Mac version would solve the problem too. This should be such a simple thing for them to add so that those who really want it could easily have it. Zedd
Replies 1 Views 711 Read More
Re: Biab for iPad musocity 1 hour ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
You would have the m4a RealTracks/Drums on an SD card, what's that about 250GB ?
Replies 2 Views 35 Read More
Re: Falling dcuny 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by WaoBand
All the hard work you put into this song really paid off. It's an excellent production all around. A truly beautiful song!
Thanks! smile
Replies 43 Views 919 Read More
Re: Falling dcuny 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Deej.
Originally Posted by Deej56
You've outdone yourself with this production. Masterful use of the vocaloids, but the arrangement as a whole is a star.
When I re-did the track, I didn't think I'd be able to come close to the original arrangement. But the strings in BiaB turned out to be a great fit for the song, so I lucked out there.
Has a very Broadway stage feel to me--the show-stopper kind. Soothing and tranquil, but emotional and compelling. Wonderful write to boot. Excellent stuff! Liked it!
That's the best I could ask for! smile Thanks for your encouragement!
Hi, Janne.
Originally Posted by jannesan
Nicely poetic story with a changing season and falling castles in the air - my favorite subjects wink
Well, looks like I've found my target audience! wink
Such gentle and beautiful melody and chord progression. The simple arrangement highlights those elements, that is, your songwriting skills. Excellent tune for a musical, I hope you'll be hired to compose music for one smile
Ha! That's probably one of the most terrifying things I can thing of. blush I have enough problems writing just one song. But a whole set of them, which have to tell a story and move the narrative forward? That's a whole 'nother set of skills! Then they'd workshop the play, and come back and say my favorite songs weren't working, and need to be replaced. cry I've got a friend who's written a handful of musicals. But he'll never see them performed, because who's going to put up the thousands of dollars it would take? That's one of the nice things about using AI voices and sticking to single songs - I can actually hear someone perform them.
Vocals sound great, nice harmonies.
Thanks for that as well.
Hi, Dave.
Originally Posted by BlueAttitude
Man, those vocals sound fabulous! Excellent track overall, David, enjoyed!
Thanks! I appreciate you taking the time to listen, as well as the positive feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed it. smile
Re: Respect Yourself, Live busking performance DonnyGee 4 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by MarioD
Donny, not only are you having a ball in your "old man years" you are entertaining the rest of us. Plus you have the chops and vocals to pull it off. It was great to see you in action.
MarioD, thanks for all the love.
Replies 6 Views 109 Read More
Re: Tango DRUMS Icelander 5 hours ago Forum: Styles and RealTracks Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Bona sera:
Jalousie:
Replies 3 Views 329 Read More
Re: Biab for iPad Rob Helms 5 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Yes but it needs the ability to play song files. Ipads and Android tablet can have up to half a TB memory so it needs to be able to hold some kind of modified .SGU files with some sort of RT/RDs that are light weight and a decent Midi synth. Imagine the ability to load 30 or 40 songs for a night gig. Bluetooth to your PA and your light weight system is ready.
Re: Is PG Keeping Up with Things ? musocity 5 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Something like this maybe ? [Linked Image]
Replies 4 Views 104 Read More
Biab for iPad musocity 5 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Something like this maybe ? [Linked Image]
Re: Is PG Keeping Up with Things ? Rob Helms 5 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ipad version would be cool, but unlikely a money maker. Apps just don't cost very much, but i can imagine the value of a tablet version for live playing. Seriously your arranger idea. +1 for sure.
Replies 4 Views 104 Read More
Re: UNIQUE DRUM AND OTHER TRICKS WITH REALBAND> (RB)....including how to do modern songs. Rob Helms 5 hours ago Forum: Post your own Tips and Tricks here Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Great input Pipester, you are the master of the gifties!
Replies 12 Views 266 Read More
She's Cancer Free Ronnie Fields 5 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Here is the song from the testimony that I shared last week, I hope it blesses!! https://soundcloud.com/ronniefields/shes-cancer-free? She’s Cancer Free She faced uncertainty, with courage in her eyes, Fighting through the storm, underneath gray skies. But now the clouds have parted, and the sun shines through, A new life begins, a prayer has come true. Chorus: She’s cancer free, oh can’t you see, A victory song, another miracle to be. The angels sing, the heavens rejoice, A story of hope, a triumphant voice. The tears of fear, have turned to tears of joy, She thanks the most high, eyes lifted to the sky. Through the darkest night, she found the light, A beacon of strength, a shining sight. She’s cancer free, oh can’t you see, A victory song, another miracle to be. The angels sing, the heavens rejoice, A story of hope, a triumphant voice. She’s cancer free, oh can’t you see, A victory song, another miracle to be. The angels sing, the heavens rejoice, A story of hope, a triumphant voice. The angels sing, the heavens rejoice, A story of hope, a triumphant voice. _HAMMERS.STY Hammers Style Pop Ballad SM 58 mic Tascam DP32SD recorder Lexicon Alpha Interface Cakewalk by Bandlab
Replies 0 Views 10 Read More
Re: With Help From AI, Randy Travis Got His Voice Back Planobilly 5 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I have never worked for Warner but having worked for both Polygram and Universal I can say all this does not surprise me. What they are willing to spend money on defines any logic. Billy
Replies 31 Views 919 Read More
Re: UNIQUE DRUM AND OTHER TRICKS WITH REALBAND> (RB)....including how to do modern songs. musocity 5 hours ago Forum: Post your own Tips and Tricks here Jump to new postsJump to new posts
1. Press "Print Screen button" on keyboard 2. Irfanview press "Ctrl+V" 3. Select section in pic to crop by dragging mouse "Ctrl+Y" 4. "Ctrl+S" png or jpg
Re: UNIQUE DRUM AND OTHER TRICKS WITH REALBAND> (RB)....including how to do modern songs. justanoldmuso 6 hours ago Forum: Post your own Tips and Tricks here Jump to new postsJump to new posts
mcity. unfoftunately i know my limitations...including the fact that im useless at vids and graphics...lol... your the graphics master....but i dont have your ability. so i cope the best i can. ...thanfully my vision is improving after the brilliant eye docs did their thing.... happiness. Rob. thanks for your contributions...hopefully all the tips will help new users. happiness. om 🇨🇦 🇬🇧
Re: I'll Keep Holding On firesong 6 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Deej...glad you're back contributing with your always outstanding compositions...this is a very cool production...I love the dark edge it emotes...Ray's added parts are so well done and mix in flawlessly...the panning of the vocals is a great touch adding to the mystery and ethereal nature of the melody...your vocals are stellar (as per usual)...really nice to hear you again and a really nice "way home" with this one!
Replies 10 Views 186 Read More
Re: [*****] or Get Off the Pot BobLMusic 7 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks so much for listening and the kind words, Janice & Bud! Yes, Joan did a nice job with the vocals, her personality really came through. Glad you enjoyed it! Bob
Replies 12 Views 208 Read More
Re: Perfect Harmony - Sinatra anyone? Ezekiel's Storm 7 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Definitely a standard to Frank. A smooth song with the right amount of swagger. Sung well, bu I don't think you need an AI enhancement to do this song justice. You own voice is superb and fits the style.
Replies 21 Views 5,281 Read More
Re: [*****] or Get Off the Pot Janice & Bud 7 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
We've listened to the Louis and Ella periods of music for decades so it was easy to fall into this vibe. Cool sassy vocals and an ace all BiaB session group. The horn solos were standout as was the mix. Enjoyed it, J&B
Replies 12 Views 208 Read More
Re: So Far Away Ezekiel's Storm 7 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I like the way you panned the echo vocal "so far away." Pleasant tune. A definite 80s vibe without any cheesy synths. Your friend sings this well.
Replies 38 Views 699 Read More
Re: Tango DRUMS Tobin - PG Music Inc. Yesterday at 11:46 PM Forum: Styles and RealTracks Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Icelander, can you post some youtube links of what you have in mind?
Replies 3 Views 329 Read More
Re: With Help From AI, Randy Travis Got His Voice Back dcuny Yesterday at 11:30 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Jim Fogle
+++ HERE +++ is an Associated Press article that details how artificial intelligence was used to create vocals for a new Randy Travis song.
Nice song and vocals. The idea of using AI for Randy's voice didn't come from his team, but from Warner Music Nashville Co-President Cris Lacy. My guess is that Warner Music thought the best way to introduce AI vocals was with a "feel good" story, and Randy was happy to oblige. In fact, that's exactly what they say in a press release:
"The creation of 'Where That Came From' is an example of how the music industry can rewrite the rules of technology use within the creative community and harness the power of AI in a positive, fair, and honest way.
From a technological perspective, the AI vocals something more akin to RVC, in that they need a "real" vocalist to sing the song. James Dupré was that vocalist. He was someone who had toured with Randy after his stroke, performing as Randy's voice. So they'd obviously had a good working relationship. The recording used for Randy's song was one that James had done decade earlier, but was never released. I initially thought this was cool since everyone involved was fully informed, but that's not the full story. Rolling Stone wrote that James "was just as surprised as everyone when he heard Randy Travis’s AI-assisted vocal", noting that "Dupré was stunned when he realized that it was actually his voice he was hearing, at least in part." James was paid for the rights to use his performance. But Rolling Stone writes that the Warner rep "declined to specify whether it was a one-time work-for-hire payment or if Dupré will participate in royalties." And instead of giving James "sung by" credit, Warner created a new “vocal bed” tag that was coincidentally ready be rolled out just in time for the song. I've got to wonder: Warner got a hold of an AI team in London, supplied them with vocal stems to 54 of his songs, got together musicians to create the backing for the song, and paid producers to spent months to work on the track. How could they have forgotten to contact James about using his vocals? My gut feeling is that Warner wouldn't spend all that money on the song if there was the slightest chance that James wouldn't allow them to use his vocals. I'd bet that Warner's lawyers had already concluded James' track had been "work for hire", and conveniently could be used however Warner wanted. This included use as the basis of an AI vocal - something that didn't even exist when it was recorded. I would hope that James a bit of additional compensation, because who wants to have the a feel good story about the ethical use of AI ruined by the "vocal bed" singer? At the same time, I doubt that they wanted to set a precedent of "vocal bed" tracks being eligible for royalties. If they were, they wouldn't have evaded the question when asked. While some news articles were quick to point out that the basis of the song was James' performance, it was notably absent elsewhere. James isn't even mentioned on the YouTube video credits, and reading articles like the one in The Los Angeles Times, you'd never know any vocalist other than Randy was involved in the creation of the song. What's problematic is that James' performance of the song wasn't good enough to release, but it was good enough to use as the "vocal bed" that was overlaid with Randy Travis' voice. Not really surprising, though. All in all, a bit less of a "feel good" story for me.
Replies 31 Views 919 Read More
Re: Hard To Say Goodbye MarioD Yesterday at 11:25 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
The dynamic duo strikes again. Leon, great vocal and lyrics. Peter, great guitar and harmonies. A flashback to the 60's. Super song.
Replies 11 Views 110 Read More
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 28 29
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,731
Posts736,692
Members38,559
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
LesNewzealand, CCCreator, Juha, davyowdoo, Rogee
38,559 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 197
rsdean 112
DC Ron 110
dcuny 93
Noel96 92
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.