Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Transposition à l’entrée midi [Resolved] Voltrane 7 hours ago Forum: Forum des Utilisateurs Français de Band-in-a-Box Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Bonjour, Encore une question concernant la transposition mais cette fois à l’entrée: Je souhaite entrer au clavier midi une mélodie pour trompette en si bémol dont j’ai la partition ad-hoc ( c’est à dire transposée pour trompette en si bémol donc dans laquelle un do écrit est un si bémol réel). Le clavier dont je dispose ne sait pas transposer (contrairement à d’autres claviers que l’on peut paramétrer un ton en dessous), ce qui fait que lorsque je rentre un do, BIAB enregistre un do réel et non pas un si bémol. Je n’ai pas trouvé comment résoudre ce problème…(Je pourrais rentrer ainsi et transposer après mais ce n’est pas ce que je cherche: j’ai besoin d’entendre en direct ce que je saisi.) J’ai d’autres progiciels dans lesquels il suffit de dire qu’on saisit pour une trompette en si bémol et le tour est joué par exemple Musescore). Quelqu’un a une idée concernant BIAB ? Merci d’avance.
Replies 1 Views 9 Read More
Re: Sweet chords Chris37 8 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks Laurent, DC Ron and Mario. For this minor song, I've used some chords that I like very much : mAdd2, m6, Maj9, m7b5
Replies 4 Views 54 Read More
Re: "Still Lakes" - chill instrumental camog 8 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Very glad it found your ears Mario - thanks a lot for your very nice comment!! The thing is I don't have a clue technically - I just imagine what things should sound like, and then pursue those sounds! If you bunged my tracks through Ozone, then I suspect they would sound 'digital' - I aim to sound 'real' with good general audio balance, warm but clear and not A.I. like! I have always favoured hand-wired valve amps for el guitar (not a fan of distorted guitars through VST amps!!) - I was delighted to discover Scuffham Amps S-Gear for my preferred clean el guitar tracks, so convenient and versatile! Combined with my favourite Mojo P90 (www.mojopickups.co.uk) and Lollar pickups I'm slowly discovering my guitar sound and style (still trying at 75) - chuffed that you approved Mario!! Have a great Easter! Cheers and thanks again, Carl
Replies 4 Views 42 Read More
Re: Black & Blue NigelSpiers 8 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Alan, Thanks for your comments - always appreciated. Best Regards Nigel
Replies 19 Views 305 Read More
Re: The developer sitting on the fence. musocity 11 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I showed PG 3rd party graphic tools years n years n years ago but that didn't go anywhere, maybe it was not crossplatform ? You need to look down the track and see if you vision the same thing happening 10-20 years from now where you have the Win version at xmas time then the Mac version mid year, still. This is a lot of time wasted that users don't see and I think could be better spent equally on a crossplatform rather than wasted repeating the same thing on Mac, would you have to have yet another 6 months for a Linux version ? you would then need more programmers mid year to work on the current year's Linux version while other programmers are working on the next years Win version [Linked Image] to both be released in Dec. JUCE is specifically designed for audio apps, you don't need an old BBW running in the background of each app and Plugin that they talk to. I had to do the same thing with AutoHotkey in Reaper to send actions to Biab, it works but it's a bodgy way of doing things. The Biab generate code could not be doomed to stay in Delphi, I as one who knows nothing about programming Delphi or C++ can make up Lua scripts in Reaper to generate tracks much the same as Biab, surely a C++ programmer like Adar can do the same with the JUCE PLUGIN ????? The PLUGIN has to wait all the time for Delphi programmers to do things with BBW4 before it can go ahead, just like we are waiting now for PLUGIN fixes but they are working on repeating things on Mac. All other audio apps you see new versions or updates for Win Mac (even Linux) released at the same time. RapidComposer and other apps have the exact same app in a VST form without talking to the main app running silently in the background. Other users need to encourage PG more, it should not all be up to me to nag n nag n nag frown look into it more, read up on it, then post ideas for PG of getting them to this goal down the track.
Replies 19 Views 348 Read More
Re: No Name cubanpete 11 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Well Mario, some things do not need a name to be great, and this is one of them. Just beautiful! Cheers Mike B.
Replies 26 Views 402 Read More
Re: King of Kings David Snyder 12 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dan, Absolutely gorgeous! Whoah. Splendid from beginning to end. It is funny how we are writing about the same stuff, in a way, but it is so...mmmm...different! I guess Jesus loves all his little hard-headed children. Happy Easter!!!
Replies 4 Views 40 Read More
Re: Ain't Never Been This Bad Al-David 12 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by jannesan
Surely has some bluesy elements, but Alan trademark is more clear. Very smooth ear-candy instrumental, would usually work as a nice background music for brain intensive tasks, but interesting chord progression and airy mix interrupt any ongoing activity for admiration. Janne
Hi Janne Thanks for the "Alan trademark" in particular. Now I have to buy larger hats! And your other comments put a smile on my face,. I appreciate all of that very much. Best to you,, Alan
Replies 23 Views 333 Read More
Re: Ain't Never Been This Bad Al-David 12 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by vicarn
I’m not great at analysing genres but it sounds jazzy bluesy to me. Great production. Vic
Good evening, Vic, Thanks for the kind words. Glad you liked it! Take care, Alan
Originally Posted by David Snyder
Very cool. You really know how to pick those Real Tracks Alan! Nice.
Thanks a bunch, David. I appreciate it! Take care, Alan
Re: California Bound Al-David 12 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Ronnie ... Man, I played a lot of this type of music back in the '60s and early '70s. Terrific song that perfectly catches the era. Well, I eventually ended up in California for about 5 years - Bakersfield. And yep, met Buck Owens. My former wife knew him well. She went to school with one of his sons and visited at his house on several occasions. You really captured the sounds and ideas of the era! Nicely done! Best to you, Alan PS: On Saturday, I'll be posting a song I put together for you and another Forum member.
Replies 7 Views 84 Read More
Re: Bletchley Park Al-David 12 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Steve ... Thanks for the history lesson. My minor in college was American History. My degree is in physics with an emphasis on the physics of light. But history has always been a passion of mine. I knew there was a code-breaking facility in England during WW !!, but knew little else about it. That was an interesting read! I can tell a lot of planning went into this song - and certainly paid off! Very nicely conceived and presented. The bass sounds great! Excellently done! Alan
Replies 6 Views 83 Read More
Re: JESUS KICK MY...David Snyder Al-David 12 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
HI David, Dripping with inspiration and the need for all of us to do a little soul-searching and figure out how to limit those kicks! Your music is always a terrific listen. This is a kick-a$$ song! Why is that not a surprise? Take care, Alan
Replies 13 Views 139 Read More
Re: Summertime Memories (Remix) Al-David 12 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Andy, I just listened to the release mix ... sounds great! I really like the percussion arrangement. Sweet sounding guitar! Excellent - a real pleasure to my ears. Take care, Alan
Replies 9 Views 440 Read More
Re: King of Kings Al-David 12 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dan, Your music is always such a pleasure to listen to. Your vocals are gold! Your writes always are filled with inspiration, and your tracks are always perfect choices.This is a great song in all respects! Wishng you nothing but the best, Alan
Re: Some Songs Al-David 13 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Marty, What a nice song! Loved the video, too! The lyric really shines I like what it says. And then there's the terrific vocal and great bass line. Many years ago i wrote a song about how songs play with our memory to tell the story of our lives. Maybe I'll pout some BIAB tracks with it and see where it goes. I love it when a song inspires me to give some of my songs another look. Thanks for that! That was a great listen! Of course, thta's no surprise. Take care, Alan
Replies 5 Views 65 Read More
Risen In Three Days Ronnie Fields 13 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
It's been a LONG time since I wrote one for Easter, but this one came to me last week, and I plan on singing it Easter morning. https://on.soundcloud.com/VUgfRP7mRNs5SkNg7 Risen In Three Days In the early dawn, the stone was rolled away, As the sun rose high, the darkness turned to day. He conquered the death, the grave could not contain, Our savior lives, he broke the chains of pain. Chorus: Risen in three days, our hope’s restored, He overcame the grave forever more. His love is so strong, his mercy so pure, Risen in three days, our salvation’s sure. The scars they remain, a testament of grace, Such a sacrifice, our sins he did erase. With two open arms, he said we are his own, In his embrace, we find our home. Risen in three days, our hope’s restored, He overcame the grave forever more. His love is so strong, his mercy so pure, Risen in three days, our salvation’s sure. Bridge: No power on earth, can stand in his way, He is the truth the light, in him eternal day. Risen in three days, our hope’s restored, He mercy so pure, Risen in three days, our salvation’s sure. overcame the grave forever more. His love is so strong, his mercy so pure, Risen in three days, our salvation’s sure. His love is so strong, his mercy so pure, Risen in three days, our salvation’s sure. ONWARD.STY Onward Slow EV 16 Songwriter Folk ~~369;Pedal Steel, Background EV 065 Tascam DP32 SD Multitracker Shure SM-58 mic Lexicon Alpha Interface Cakewalk by Bandlab
Replies 2 Views 17 Read More
Re: Some Songs Ronnie Fields 13 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Marty, great song, I love the lyrics, and the music arrangement is superb
Replies 5 Views 65 Read More
Re: King of Kings Ronnie Fields 13 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Beautiful song, I am a gospel songwriter too, and I love everything about this one, You did a tremendous job.
Re: Summertime Memories (Remix) Andyman 13 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Replies 9 Views 440 Read More
Re: The developer side of the fence. AudioTrack 13 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by musocity
I just think implementing things would be a lot quicker and easier than Delphi, as you can see with the JUCE BBPLUGIN things get implemented quickly and look a lot better visually rather than taking a year in between each time that makes things very slow.
That's partially true, but we must keep in mind that the entire music engine framework was already developed and the plugin only had to take that output and handle and present it through a different interface. This would be a significantly lesser challenge than starting with nothing. I agree that the graphics are improved in the plugin, but those same quality graphics could be rendered in other languages, including Delphi. There are even many 3rd party layered product tools available to deliver that. Restrictions in graphics presentation is really more controlled by the innovation of ideas of the developer(s).
Replies 19 Views 348 Read More
Re: JESUS KICK MY...David Snyder MarioD 14 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
David that was fantastic. That song could also be about me! Great lyrics and vocal. Super backing tracks. Loved it.
Replies 13 Views 139 Read More
Re: King of Kings MarioD 14 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dan, you are one of the best gospel singers around. You always pick the best backing bands to support you resurrected vocals. God gave you a ton of talent! Loved it.
Re: Bletchley Park MarioD 14 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Sounds great Steve! You are getting a little more brave on your bass aren't you? The bass sounds great! Super mix. Brilliant work!
Replies 6 Views 83 Read More
King of Kings firesong 14 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I couldn't let Good Friday and Resurrection Day go by without expressing my gratitude...they wrote "king of the Jews" above His cross but I sing King of Kings with all my heart...hope you all like it...(from my archives)...Happy Resurrection weekend...He Is Risen!! Dan BTW: there are three key modulations in this one (two up and one down) King of Kings https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12815557 RealTracks in song: 3321:Guitar, Acoustic, Soloist RnBPopDblBrent Ev 055 RealTracks in style: 1543:Synth Pad, PopBelieve Ev16 065 RealTracks in song: ~367:Guitar, Electric, Background Dreamy Ev 065 I added: Vocals and played Piano, Bass and Strings Intro and electric guitars and drums are from the Yamaha Tyros Keyboard
Page 2 of 32 1 2 3 4 31 32
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,402
Posts732,575
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200