Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Woodshedding - Learning to Play!
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
Jump to new posts IK Multimedia apps by TRYUK @ Yesterday at 11:50 PM

I notice that the IK Multimedia apps in BiaB 2019 are all 32 bit. So far I cannot find 64 bit versions on the IK web site. I noticed that some Real styles use Amplitube, will these styles cease to work if there is no update to 64 bit by IK Multimedia? Edit: Amplitube 4 is 64 bit, for some reason I thought it was a paid app, but its not. That works fine, Custom shop and the authorisation manager still show up as 32 bit though. Tim.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Ice Cream by F.M.M. @ Yesterday at 06:55 AM

hi guys and gals started this in biab plugin which is working very well these days using mixcraft then to bandlab for final mixing real tracks style is velvet jazz with sax 1434 bass jazz funky popy,realdrums southern pop ev 16,2277 synth,rhythm discoelpianolow ev 120,1236 guitar,electric,rhythm smoothjazzpoppy ev 090,1776 sax,tenor,soloist jazzfunkmovin ev 130 thanks for taking time to listen eric https://www.bandlab.com/fmmfmm/ice-cream1-89c72d41?revId=cb894c8c-e1dc-e911-b5e9-2818789a01
Best of YouTube
Jump to new posts A 'Uniquely' skillful Take 5 by VideoTrack @ Yesterday at 06:10 AM

An unusual technique, but a marvelous delivery.
Best of YouTube
Jump to new posts Yohan Kim with some really smooth Neo Soul by VideoTrack @ Yesterday at 01:30 AM

More genius from Yohan: Damn, he's not even serious, just playing around
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Biab songs exercises by cubalibre @ 09/21/19 11:30 AM

Hello, where can I find the II-V-I exercises songs or V Cycles in BIAB files to download?
Post your own Tips and Tricks here
Hi all I have been asked to put a copy of this in this forum, “Mike, As Charlie indicated, that long post about getting synths to properly work in RealBand is GOLD. May I humbly suggest you either (1) Copy and paste the message to the Tips & Tricks forum section or (2) post the message link to the Tips & Tricks forum section along with an explanation of why the post exists. _________________________ Jim Fogle” So here it is. https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=show
Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)
Jump to new posts Keep Cubase VST Plugin Window Always On Top by Pipeline @ 09/21/19 03:00 AM

On Win I found a free app "Always On Top", in the Cubase Vst Window you un-check "Always On Top(my as#)" top right menu. Run the "Always On Top" app set the HotKey, click the Cubase VST window and hit the HotKey. There are a few different Always On Top apps to try, here's one Always On Top 1.3 For these 2 solutions you just load the VST then load the Biab VST inside them, this way the Plugin stays on top if there is a flash message or you click on the desktop. U
Band-in-a-Box VST/AU and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Mac)
Jump to new posts Keep Cubase VST Plugin Window Always On Top by Pipeline @ 09/21/19 12:51 AM

On Win I found a free app "Always On Top", in the Cubase Vst Window you un-check "Always On Top(my as#)" top right menu. Run the "Always On Top" app set the HotKey, click the Cubase VST window and hit the HotKey. So you could look for something like that for the Mac. For these 2 solutions you just load the VST then load the Biab VST inside them, this way the Plugin stays on top if there is a flash message or you click on the desktop. Use MiniHost Direct Download Li
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts The story behind the Beatles come together by pghboemike @ 09/20/19 07:57 PM

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stories/the-beatles-come-together-abbey-road-song/
We're excited to say that all Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for Mac UltraPAK and UltraPAK+ orders ship on a USB 3.0 hard drive! What does this mean? Faster hard drive transfer rates will enhance the program operations (faster time to generate tracks, reduced audio artifacts) and offer faster transfer speeds (typically up to 3x faster)! Order your Hard Drive Upgrade during our special (ends Oct 15) and SAVE! Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK $469 Upgrade from Version 2018: $279 $149 Upgrade from Ver
Jump to new posts Band-in-a-Box 2019 Mac - Build 305 Update (Sept 20, 2019) by Andrew - PG Music @ 09/20/19 11:08 AM

An update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2019 Download the Band-in-a-Box 2019 Build 305 update Summary of changes for Version 2019 Build 305 (Sept 20, 2019): Fixed: Band-in-a-Box was not always opening with the same window position as the previous session.Fixed: The "Normalize mix" setting was not working when rendering to audio.Fixed: If the "Normalize individual tracks" setting was checked, then the full mix would be normalized when rendering audio.Fixed: MIDI tracks might not re
Foro para el usuario de Band-in-a-Box en Español
Jump to new posts pregunta elemental de uso de MIDI by danilo64 @ 09/19/19 01:27 PM

Hola Pido disculpa ante todo porque son mis primeros pasos con BIAB y quizá esta pregunta suene muy elemental Quiero poder usar BIAB como acompañamiento de lo que ejecuto en el piano pero cuando practico necesito hacerlo con auriculares. Por lo tanto lo que pensé hacer fue ingresar con mi piano por la entrada MIDI y tocar sobre la canción que tengo hecha en BIAB , escuchando el resultado final por la salida de auriculares de la notebook Todo parecía funcionar pero mi piano se escuchaba mu
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Styles pack 7 .. How to install? SOLVED [Resolved] by TomDavisDotCom @ 09/19/19 09:57 AM

I bought the Pak... now can't figure out where to download it to and how to install. It doesn't show up in my BB download manager.
Jump to new posts The Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Bonus PAKs! by Callie - PG Music @ 09/19/19 08:53 AM

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac during our special (which ends October 15th), and you'll receive a FREE Bonus PAK overflowing with great Add-ons, including MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses with 6 MIDI SuperTracks, 21 RealDrums Transcriptions, 120 guitar licks and riffs in Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks, and 15 new MIDI Styles! Or, upgrade it to the 49-PAK for just $49 and add 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" & Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Ele
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Jump to new posts Best Way to Listen to Blue Note Classics? by AksarBhai @ 09/19/19 12:28 AM

Jazz fan here, and some of my favorite albums are from Blue Note from the 1950’s & 60’s. I listen to vinyl and CD’s, and I’m starting to think recently that mastering matters more than format in terms of audio quality. Problem is for much of the Blue Note catalogue from that era, the CD remasters are inconsistent or problematic. Many of the first generation of CD remasters were by Ron McMaster, and they’re ok but it was still early days of learning how to make CD’s sound great.
Jump to new posts Try this to Get The Plugin Chords into Cubase by Pipeline @ 09/18/19 09:12 PM

Here's a great suggestion from -steve- in the Cubase forum. When I tried this ages ago with Cubase it was using a held piano style but was played in inversions and Cubase didn't pick up the correct chords now there are a lot of MidiSuperTracks with Held I tried it with Piano Held Acoustic 3002 it picked up the correct chords though they were just simple. So try it out with some more complex chords with the different MidiSuperTracks and see how you go with it. So just drag the track in and se
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts More parodies by Don Junior by Don Gaynor @ 09/18/19 01:43 PM

https://app.box.com/s/egci547hl725f56ac5xuqxhmv9rum432 Burned On The BBQ (Born On The Bayou) https://app.box.com/s/fodrk9uldpavm6a161p1nv46lp7i0dpv Read It In The Tabloids (Heard It Through The Grapevine) https://bobrivers.com/bathroom-on-the-right/ Bathroom On The Right (Bad Moon Out Tonight) Junior was heard on every album of Seattle DJ Bob Rivers (about 25). I suggested this idea to Bob when I was commuting to work between Marysville and Seattle. Many mornings had me looking for a bathroo
Jump to new posts cubase hanging - requiring force quit by nonchai @ 09/18/19 07:33 AM

I'm getting a lot of cases where - after some operation cubase just hangs when using the plugin. I notice that BIAB Engine isn't being taxed CPU wise so its something in the client plugin
9in cubase ) GENERATE button sometimes takes several clicks before it responds and begins doing the regeneration, ( ie when the button text switches to CANCEL )
Jump to new posts Band-in-a-Box 2019 Mac - Build 304 Update (Sept 17, 2019) by Andrew - PG Music @ 09/17/19 02:02 PM

An update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2019 Download the Band-in-a-Box 2019 Build 304 update Summary of changes for Version 2019 Build 304 (Sept 17, 2019): Fixed: Double-clicking does not start a demo in the RealDrums picker and RealTracks picker dialogs.Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash if opening and closing an AU plugin's GUI several times.Fixed: Misc StylePicker data correctionsAdded: _Offbeat.sty (used in new features video tutorial) Summary of changes for Version 2019 Build
I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube
Jump to new posts HappyRon On Youtube by HappyRon @ 09/17/19 12:54 PM

Been making videos for years almost all are done with Band In A Box, except the live ones of course!
Woodshedding - Learning to Play!
Jump to new posts Learn to play Spaghetti Western Music by pghboemike @ 09/17/19 08:54 AM

Jump to new posts Band-in-a-Box® 2019 New Features Video! by Callie - PG Music @ 09/17/19 08:25 AM

Our in-depth video explaining the new features included in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 is ready! Jump to the feature you're most interested in with our table of contents: Brief Intro to New Features 0:01 - Intro 1:38 - New Feature - 64-bit (More Detail Later) 1:46 - New Feature - 64-bit VST/AU/AAX DAW Plugin (More Detail Later) 2:21 - New Feature - Redesigned SongPicker (More Detail Later) 2:33 - New Feature - Advanced Filters (More Detail Later) 2:47 - New Feature - Medley (More Detail Later)
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Jump to new posts The app Multitracker by Budmanvet @ 09/17/19 06:27 AM

Just set up this app on my iPad yesterday and it seems to work very well. BIAB files rendered to WAV file WAV BIAB songs placed in Multitracker iPad tp 2i2 audio interface 2i2 to speakers Songs are easy to arrange in your chosen order, edit order while playing, skip, pause between songs or not........ Just FYI from a real novice
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for Mac on a USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Speed Thrills!

We're excited to say that all Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for Mac UltraPAK and UltraPAK+ orders ship on a USB 3.0 hard drive!

What does this mean? Faster hard drive transfer rates will enhance the program operations (faster time to generate tracks, reduced audio artifacts) and offer faster transfer speeds (typically up to 3x faster)!

Order your Hard Drive Upgrade during our special (ends Oct 15) and SAVE!

Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK $469
Upgrade from Version 2018: $149
Upgrade from Version 2017 or earlier or crossgrade: $169

Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK+ $569
Upgrade from Version 2018: $179
Upgrade from Version 2017 or earlier or crossgrade: $199

Note: The difference between the UltraPAK and the UltraPAK+ is that the Songs & Lessons PAK is included in the UltraPAK+ package.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Bonus PAKs!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac during our special (which ends October 15th), and you'll receive a FREE Bonus PAK overflowing with great Add-ons, including MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses with 6 MIDI SuperTracks, 21 RealDrums Transcriptions, 120 guitar licks and riffs in Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks, and 15 new MIDI Styles!

Or, upgrade it to the 49-PAK for just $49 and add 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" & Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, 6 more MIDI SuperTracks with Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion, 120 more guitar licks and riffs with Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks, 15 more MIDI Styles, and Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly!
Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac® - 49-PAK Overview

Listen to demos and learn more here.

Free Bonus PAK Contents:
-Look Ma! More MIDI 1
-21 RealDrums Transcriptions
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses
-Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks

2019 49-PAK Contents:
-40 Bonus RealTracks!
-10 "Low Man" and Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks
-Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly
-Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks
-Look Ma! More MIDI 2
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion

Xtra Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box® for Windows Special Extended!

Customers LOVE the new Xtra Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box® 2019, so why would we end our special so soon?

The answer: We're not going to! We've extended our Xtra Styles PAK special to October 15th - so there's still time to add 164 new RealStyles to your collection for just $29!

In fact, we've put all of our earlier Xtra Styles PAKs (1-6) on sale for just $29 each until October 15th, and always offer specific genre for just $15 each.

For more information and to listen to demos, click here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac New Features Video!

Want to learn all about the new features in our just-released Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac? Check out our latest video:
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac®! New! All 64 bit program, VST/AU 64 bit plugin, 202 RealTracks & more!

Jump to the feature you'd like to learn about the most by choosing from the table of contents, listed in the video description, or here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac - Upgrade Today and Save Up To 50%!

Just released: Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac with 64+ new features (64-bit!!!!), 202 New RealTracks, 40 Unreleased RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" and Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, "Look Ma! More MIDI!" – 30 MIDI Styles, 12 new MIDI SuperTracks, 240 new Instrumental Studies, 18 new Artist Performances, and a new Xtra Styles PAK 7!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until October 15, 2019 - save UP TO 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2019 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2019 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our packages page for all the purchase options available, or visit this discussion on our Band-in-a-Box® for Mac forum.

Video - 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac we also released 202 NEW RealTracks (in Sets 301-328)!

Listen to all the individual demos here, or watch our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac - 202 New RealTracks Overview Video here

Get all 202 new RealTracks when you purchase any Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade, on sale until October 15th!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac - 49 Requests Fulfilled!

49 of your Problems solved? List of 49 Requests fulfilled in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac.

With Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac there are a lot of new features, 202 RealTracks, and more. We get ideas for the new features and new RealTracks from our users. There are several sources, our Wishlist and general forum, support phone calls, trade shows, etc. In most cases, customers are not describing a new feature – they are describing a problem they have that they would like to have solved.

Here is a list of our features and additions in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac, presented from a unique perspective. It is from this customer list of "problems they would like solved." These are not exact quotes, they are paraphrased from our discussions with our customers. They explain what problems and requests they discussed with us, that resulted in the various new features and RealTracks. Hopefully this answers the question "Why did you add this feature/content?"

So, without further ado, here are the 49 requests/problems that we (hopefully) have solved with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2019. We hope that many of them are relevant to you as well. And please keep suggesting new ones, we appreciate that.

Q. Almost all of my music apps are 64 bit, as is my Mac OS. But Band-in-a-Box® is 32 bit. And Apple's next OS, Catalina 10.15 is set to be released in October 2019 (the beta is available now), and that won't even run 32-bit apps! Can you make a 64 bit version?
A. Yes, we’ve done this with Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac. The app is 64 bit and the executable name is still Band-in-a-Box®.app (if you have an older 32-bit version it will get automatically renamed during the install to Band-in-a-Box®-32bit.app ).

Q. I have 64 bit plugins that I want to use with Band-in-a-Box®. But they only work with 64 bit apps. Can I use them with Band-in-a-Box® 2019, without having to use any special software for this?
A. Yes, 64 bit Plugins work natively with the 64 bit version of Band-in-a-Box® 2019. This means you can use your 64 bit plugins, including ones that use huge amounts of memory (more than 2GB).

Q. Does Band-in-a-Box® 2019 work on the latest OS, Catalina 10.15, as that has many changes?
A. Yes, Band-in-a-Box® 2019 is 64-bit and runs great on Catalina (and older OS's down to and including 10.6.8 Snow Leopard)

Q. I like Snow Leopard as an OS (10.6.8), will Band-in-a-Box® 2019 still run on that with all features working?
A. Yes, Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64 bit version runs great on older OS's including Snow Leopard, and has identical features and operation to the newer OS's

See the full list here!

Forum Stats
30074 Members
62 Forums
60091 Topics
505902 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Greg M., Harald Nilsen, Townze, SamBebop[, gauge7

30073 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 226