Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
Total noob here. I wrote a country tune that has fiddle parts in it. I was able to export the part as a MIDI track from Musescore and import it into BIAB. Can I assign a "real" violin to the MIDI track? That's all I want. No other instruments, no nothin'. Any guidance or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts 20 by zazah @ Today at 05:50 PM

20(二十才) https://youtu.be/7QTUiUE5VUg 1976年に書いた曲。 イントロは90秒ありますので、あなたは眠くなるかもしれません。 This song I wrote in 1976. The intro has 90 seconds.... I worry you may get drowsy. RealTracks in style: 1036:Bass, Electric, NorthernRockBallad Ev 065 RealTracks in song: 665:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm SouthernRock Ev 085 (B:Strum) RealTracks in style: ~367:Guitar, Electric, Background Dreamy Ev 065 RealTracks in style: 1167:Guitar
User Showcase
Jump to new posts ROAD WEARY BLUES by Torrey Bliss @ Today at 03:38 PM

https://soundcloud.com/torrey-bliss/road-weary-blues How about another song with "blues" in the title ? Please have mercy on me, just trying to fit in Probably not breaking any new ground here but just picked up a new Fender Telecaster recently and wanted to see if I could make it rock lol! On a more serious note, this one is inspired by the many people I see out on the road that long to be home. Thanks for taking time to give it a listen. BIAB Drums - Rock Sync Kick Me Vocals Ba
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Calling My Name by firesong @ Today at 01:23 PM

I'm still disassembling some of my older songs with Steinberg SpetraLayer 7 Pro and putting new BiaB tracks with some of the old ones to freshen up some old material...here's the latest attempt...Took the drums, bass and vocals off the old track and teamed them with BiaB acoustic guitar, resonator guitar and lead solo electric...trust me it's much improved...loving Biab and SpectraLayer as a team. Used CMPFMD.STY Campfire, Medium Fingerpicking as the base style 365 Acoustic Guitar 3521 Electric
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Free Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Update Available! by Callie - PG Music @ Today at 10:23 AM

Update your installation of Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows for free today! With the latest update, we've addressed user reported issues with using ASIO drivers, exported MIDI files, out-of-sync visual playback, Mixer volumes, and more! If you're using Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows, download this free update today. (This update also includes DAW Plugin build v.3.4.4)
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
How we made a number 1 hit From Reba McEntire's assistant accidently overhearing this demo through a closed door to having top Nashville session musicians, including PG Music session player Jason Roller. This is an interesting and detailed journey through the writing, recording and production of a high quality 88 track demo that resulted in a number one hit song for the poster.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts "Moonlight On The Seine" by Ghostgum @ Yesterday at 11:48 PM

Moonlight On The Seine The title is borrowed from a line in John Denver's song "A Country Girl In Paris." BIAB STYLE: _TRAVEL.STY Travel Gypsy Ballad 2125 Bass Acoustic Jazz Half,Quarter Sw 110 1209 Guitar Acoustic Rhythm GypsyJazzBalladGonzalo Sw 110 1210 Guitar Acoustic Rhythm GypsyJazzBalladJohn Sw 110 457 Sax Alto Jazz SW 140 (Bluesy) 1213 Guitar Acoustic soloist GypsyJazzBalladJohn Sw 110 771 Piano Acoustic Rhythm Jazz Sw 110 Real Drums Bodhran CelticJiG OTHER INSTRUMENTS:
Jump to new posts Band-in-a-Box 2021 for Windows Build 825 (Mar 4) by Andrew - PG Music @ Yesterday at 08:59 PM

Band-in-a-Box 2021 Build 825 update is available https://dl11.pgmusic.com/support/patch/bb2021_win_update_build825.exe (This includes DAW Plugin build v.3.4.4) Release notes (build 825, Mar 4) Fixed: Using Track Settings > Auto-Fix "Sour" Notes might cause program to freeze when generating RealTracks.Fixed: Possible crash when stopping recording if using ASIO drivers and "ASIO Always On" is disabled.Fixed: Files in DragDrop folder might be deleted during program exit,
UserTracks (and other add-ons)
Jump to new posts REAL BOOKS by L_HIL @ Yesterday at 02:52 PM

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I DID SEARCH for it and nothing came up. Is there a worth while package of the real book charts for BIAB MAC? I understand the REALBOOKSOFTWARE site is not recommended from what I read. Was just trying to NOT have to input each song I want by hand. Thanks for any info...have a great day!
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Steinberg cubase to be dongle free. by musiclover @ Yesterday at 09:10 AM

https://twitter.com/SteinbergMedia Wonder what they will replace it with, not subscription I hope.
Forum des Utilisateurs Français de Band-in-a-Box
Jump to new posts Band-in-a-Box® 2021 pour Windows: version FRANçAISE by Daniel Donval @ Yesterday at 04:04 AM

Bonjour à tous, Bonne nouvelle pour les utilisateurs de Band-in-a-Box 2021; la version française est disponible . ..! Voici les liens de téléchargements des Patchs (c.a.d: les Mises à Jour) qui franciseront votre version 2021 (qui pour rappel: est en Anglais). Band-in-a-Box 2021: en Français RealBand 2021: en Français Enjoy! Daniel https://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=win&lang=fr
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Inexpensive electronic drum kits by MarioD @ 03/03/21 12:46 PM

If you are looking for inexpensive electronic drum kits along with a number of corresponding MIDI drum loops then grab Drumsynth 500 for $10 USD: https://akaipro.onfastspring.com/SpringForward?utm_source=sfmc%e2%80%8b&utm_medium=email%e2%80%8b&utm_campaign=AKAI_Spring_Promos_v2_2_2021%e2%80%8b&utm_term=Spring+Forward+Offers+-+Up+to+90%25+off%e2%80%8b&utm_id=83356%e2%80%8b&sfmc_id=31249670&utm_content=Spring+Forward+Offers+-+Up+to+90%25+off I just DLed it and I like it.
Jump to new posts Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Reviews! by Callie - PG Music @ 03/03/21 10:51 AM

Head to www.gearsltuz.com for the latest Band-in-a-Box® reviews by Sound-Guy and CoolGuitarGear! Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve into an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians. You can produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. As it has been for years, it’s an amazing program. -Sound-Guy From my p
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts In my empty little head.... by eddie1261 @ 03/03/21 09:15 AM

I have this idea but I want to see who plays what here. I know we have a majority of guitar and piano players. Does anybody here play the flute? We have any fiddlers? I have a thing I think would be fun and I want to gather as many different 16 bar solos as I can find. I know I can get a half dozen guitar players, but I'd love to have as wide a variety of instruments as possible. I want to put a groove down and let people have at it, 16 bars at a time, until I run out of people! So who plays
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Third Eye Red by Tommyc @ 03/02/21 08:48 PM

Thanks, PG Music!
RealBand Wishlist
Jump to new posts RB - Blank Select DLL Or EXE Box by Jim Fogle @ 02/28/21 12:24 PM

2021 RealBand. No file names listed in Select RealBand DLL or EXE dialog window. The bottom of RealBand Mixer has a collapsible window that has two boxes to select and run RealBand EXE programs or DLL applications. Two examples given include the GS Settings dialog box and the built-in tuner. The issue is the box is not populated with any file names.
RealBand Wishlist
Jump to new posts RB 2021 limits the use of patch list files....... by MountainSide @ 02/28/21 11:52 AM

Realband limits the conversion of .INI/ .INS and PAT file size to 2000 lines of patches per synth under its "Convert patch list from BIAB or Cakewalk" Many modern synths have over well 2000 patches and performances. Because of this limitation, I as well as other users are forced to abandon RealBand and use Cakewalk, Reaper or other DAW's to get around this limitation. Strangely, this is not the case with BIAB which can easily handle these large patch list with no limitation that I'v
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Imagine (cover) by ChicagoBob @ 02/28/21 08:01 AM

Imagine I have a sync project that I am working on that they want a Beatles cover with the melody close to the original so it is recognizable but they want some creativity. I thought I would give BIAB a shot at helping with the creativity. I played the 4 bar standard Imagine into so everyone knows what the song is but after that I embelished the cords a little bit and then let BIAB do its own thing. I added the piano melody just to give an idea of what it will sound like. The piano melody w
PG Music News
Free Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Update Available!

Update your installation of Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows for free today!

With the latest update, we've addressed user reported issues with using ASIO drivers, exported MIDI files, out-of-sync visual playback, Mixer volumes, and more!

If you're using Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows, download this free update today.

(This update also includes DAW Plugin build v.3.4.4)

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 French for Windows is Here!

Nous avons beaucoup travaillé pour offrir à Band-in-a-Box® 2021 cette étonnante panoplie de quelques 80 fonctions inédites et sa collection de contenus originaux à savoir: 202 RealTracks, des RealStyles inédits, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes Instrument, des Performances Artiste, un Bonus RealDrums "Solo", des transcriptions RealDrums, les MultiStyles PAK 1, les Xtra Styles PAK 10 et bien plus encore …!

Nouvelles Fonctionnalités
Band-in-a-Box® et RealBand 2021: Tous Packages

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Reviews!

Head to www.gearsltuz.com for the latest Band-in-a-Box® reviews by Sound-Guy and CoolGuitarGear!

Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve into an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians. You can produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. As it has been for years, it’s an amazing program.
-Sound-Guy

From my perspective, as a long-time user of BIAB, the above improvements, changes and additions definitely take the program to the next step. The new elements and audio upgrading are fantastic and I’m even more excited to work with this version than some others in the past.
-CoolGuitarGear

How To Quickly Adjust Your Chord Sheet Size

Did you know you can quickly adjust the size of your chord sheet in Band-in-a-Box® by holding CTRL while scrolling with the mouse scroll wheel?

How handy!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 für Windows® ist hier!
Wir waren fleißig und haben 80 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 202 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI-SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", RealDrums Transkriptionen, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 und vieles mehr!

Was ist neu? | Paket

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows - New Intro Options!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2021 there are additional options for generating an intro!

Within Band-in-a-Box, choose Song Form | Generate Intro to see all the different options available:
-All Instruments
-Drums only
-Bass and Drums
-NEW! Bass only
-NEW! Bass then Bass & Drums
-NEW! Drums then Bass & Drums
-NEW! Piano Only
-NEW! Guitar Only
-NEW! Strings Only
-NEW! Custom - you pick!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac Update Available!

We've updated our Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac to enhance Big Sur and M1 capabilities, improve the notation window, resolve AIFF rendering errors, as well as addressing a few other user-reported issues.

Using Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac? Update for free today.

Forum Stats
33994 Members
67 Forums
68430 Topics
586676 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Jamil, Mark Otten, Gezeiten-Winky, GFT, jose303

33993 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
dcuny 198
MarioD 190