Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts incorrect bass playing in Biab. Even in version 2018! by Dzjang @ Yesterday at 12:39 PM

After not having used Biab for a long time, I started using it on and off again since version 2012 and buying all the updates. I have 2018 now. Midi with good Kontakt instruments sounds killer. (It does) Biab knows a lot of chords, but doesn’t play them correctly. It’s been like this since I started using it in the nineties. Realizing this hasn’t changed despite all the features and updates, makes me sad. After checking over and over again, I came to this conclusion (Turned off and on and
User Showcase
Jump to new posts You Can't Take It With You by Ronnie Fields @ Yesterday at 10:20 AM

This is one that I really utilized Brent's brilliant guitar playing!! https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/player.cfm?songID=13773554
Jump to new posts BIAB Users - We Need Your Help by NigelSpiers @ 07/17/19 02:49 AM

Hi, I have just done a few posts on the Styles & Real Tracks Wishlist Forum. I note that this is one of the least visited and most under-used forums on this excellent PG Music web site. It is also seldom visited by PG Music staff and even more seldom taken into consideration when developing new Styles and Real Tracks. BIAB Users - Please take a look at the Styles and Real Tracks Wishlist forum and let PG Music know what you want. Thanks & Best Regards
RealBand
Jump to new posts Build 4 Review of RB by Alcarms @ 07/16/19 12:45 PM

Hey great work on releasing build 4 of RB. I especially like "Exceptionally jittery timing indicator in the notation window during playback compared to older versions of RealBand." fix. Its really gratifying to see how you guys keep the stream of updates & fixes going. PG Music is the best when it comes to support. Keep up the good work & I'll also be a customer in the next life!
Beginners Forum
Here's my problem: I've written an old timey country waltz duet (think Louvin Brothers material). In the past, I found it easy to locate various RealStyles in 4/4 time and doctor them with RealTracks to make a good bluegrass backing track. But I'm finding the options with 3/4 time are far more limited in BiaB! If I load a RealStyle that's in 4/4 time, I can't change the time signature. So I look for a RealStyle in 3/4 time (say, 34BGSLOW, a bluegrass slow waltz). But that style -- and all
Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)
Jump to new posts Guide: Using Multiple Biab Plugins by Pipeline @ 07/14/19 11:29 PM

Using this method will expand the capabilities of the Biab Plugin no end. (see note below) It is using one Biab Plugin per track. Each instance of the plugin will open the same song.SGU It will allow you create and mix before dragging any tracks into the DAW. All selected tracks in all plugins are being play back (from the local folders) together in sync to each other and to any existing track in the DAW. On the Drum track we select RealDrums for each "Special Track" just add the dr
Forum dos Usuários do Band-in-a-Box em Português
Jump to new posts Manual 2019 disponivel by Gabriel Prado @ 07/14/19 01:40 AM

Olá a todos! O manual do BB 2019 em português está disponível agora, de forma gratuita para quem já possui a versão 2019. Basta atualizar seu programa através do link abaixo. http://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/languagesupport/portugues2019.exe Boa diversão!
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
Jump to new posts Newbie question - saving songs [Resolved] by TRYUK @ 07/13/19 08:21 AM

I created my own folder to save songs in and all was well until I forgot to use Save as. I used save and now I can't find the songs. Could someone kindly point me to the default Save folder for songs, I assume there must be one somewhere. I think I have solved this. I was overwriting another song by not using save as and renaming it . . . I think. Thanks, Tim.
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Searchdog...... the movie by Guitarhacker @ 07/12/19 12:16 PM

So, many of you know I have a certified HRD search dog and spend a lot of time training her and working with our team. HRD means Human Remains Detection.... or more commonly, a cadaver dog. If you have ever wondered exactly how we train a dog to do this work.... yes, we train with real human remains because nothing else will work. Well, they have produced an 88 minute movie, more accurately, a documentary style movie about one of the folks who worked and introduced HRD dogs to the mainstream b
Jump to new posts Band-in-a-Box® Features List! by Callie - PG Music @ 07/12/19 09:05 AM

Every version release of Band-in-a-Box® adds loads of new features and enhancements to the program, which I'm sure can sometimes get "lost" in your knowledge of the program's capabilities. Looking to learn about new features with a specific release? It's actually really easy to locate this information! Learn tips on the new version (2019) by visiting Help | Tip of the Day and placing a check mark next to "Only Show Tips for Version 2019" (you'll also need to select "Show Tips at Startup",
Best of YouTube
Jump to new posts Mixing and Mastering Plugins by mrgeeze @ 07/12/19 06:37 AM

This video provides an overview of some well known commercial (not free) mixing and mastering plug-ins available for your DAW. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6Cj_e8NUb8 i found the Golfoss Auto Eq plugin to be compelling. I like the auto feature. Honestly, a lot of $$$ are involved in this. Over $1500 for the list. Most DAW's have at least some of the functionality provided by these plug ins. Additionally many free plugins exist. Sometimes however, one gets what one pays for. This video
Jump to new posts Rendering to MP3 error by DelMismoRacimo @ 07/12/19 06:00 AM

I have a BIAB song with a tempo change that works great but when save as MP3 does not follow the tempo change. Any special setup needed to make the MP3 the same as I heard in BIAB? Thanks, Victor
PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Features List!

Every version release of Band-in-a-Box® adds loads of new features and enhancements to the program, which we're sure can sometimes get "lost" in your knowledge of the program's capabilities.

Looking to learn about new features with a specific release? It's actually really easy to locate this information!

Learn tips on the new version (2019) by visiting Help | Tip of the Day and placing a check mark next to "Only Show Tips for Version 2019" (you'll also need to select "Show Tips at Startup", if it's not already).

Access the new features list for older versions in the Help Index of the program - from the left-menu, choose Contents | Features and a list of New Features will show - all the way back to Version 7!

#FeatureFriday

#TBT Band-in-a-Box® Goes to NAMM

As we get ready to head to Summer NAMM this year, we're remembering our time their last year - we had so many visitors stop by our booth!

Click here to take a peak!

Special thanks to Mike and all the RealTracks Artists and PG Endorsers who stopped by. Stay tuned for our Booth Visitors and other happenings from Summer NAMM on July 18-20, 2019! If you find yourself at the event, come say "Hi!" to us at booth 234.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows StylePicker Feature - Finding RealTracks & MIDI SuperTracks

Did you know... Within Band-in-a-Box®, quickly find styles that use RealTracks (or MIDI SuperTracks!) in a certain range by pressing the [Other] filter button in the StylePicker window and select "Styles that contain RealTracks or MIDI SuperTracks in a number range".

#WisdomWednesday

Band-in-a-Box® Tip of the Day!

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® will show you some helpful "Tips" when you start the program? What a great way for new program users to learn all the features of the program! Want to know Tips on just the latest version? This feature can be adjusted to just show the Tips for that too.

Maybe you're a long-time user of the program, and have this feature turned off? To access Tip of the Day (450+ available!), head to Help | Tip of the Day. Your Tip will appear right away - and you'll have the option of reading the Next Tip if you wanted too! Within this window is where you would also choose to "Show Tips at Startup" (if this is unchecked, you won't see them), or "Only Show Tips for Version 2019".

Here's a few Tips the program informed me of the last time I opened Band-in-a-Box®:

In the Piano Roll window, the 'Ghost Note' function allows you to view a single-channel, and see notes on all other channels display in light grey. This is useful when working with multi-channel tracks.

Want a bigger guitar display? Drag the bottom end of the Guitar Window to change its size, or press the SETTINGS button to set a custom size.

The Printout can use left and right MARGINS. This is useful to make printouts for small paper size or 3 hole paper that requires margins.

Edit | Nudge Chords/Melody. Let's say that you have entered a complete song chord progression, and you then realize that all of the chords starting at bar 23 are 1 beat to late. You can use this feature to slide your chords over by 1 beat.

#TipTuesday

Video - Using the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard

Check out this incredibly thorough video created by Dennis Wilkins, which explains how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard! Click here to watch..

YouTube Find - Ballad for a Travelling Lady

We did a search for Band-in-a-Box on YouTube, and look at what we found!

Video - "Ballad for a Travelling Lady" by Stefan Leipziger

What a great use of Band-in-a-Box! Check out Stefan's YouTube Channel for even more of songs he's created with the help of Band-in-a-Box.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® in 11 Languages!

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows available in languages other than English? It's true - we have 10 other languages available for Band-in-a-Box® 2019! Head to www.bandinabox.com and you'll see a list of all our language options! This list can also be accessed by clicking on the "English EN" near the top right corner of our website.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows language options:
Danish | Dutch | French | German | Italian | Polish | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish | Swedish

Already have the English version, and want a different language? Reach out to our Customer Service Team with your request and you'll be running your preferred language in no time at all!

Forum Stats
29755 Members
60 Forums
58773 Topics
495928 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
William Sterling, Stewedin, lindagriffithh, therandy, dematthews

29754 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Jim 141
Matt Finley 127