Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
RealBand
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
I'm working with a certain real track country style in biab and all is well. Open up the same style in RB, and it dumps in a midi part that shouldn't be there and the steel pedal part is missing. I have to put it in manually. Shouldn't RT styles load the same instruments in either biab or RB? The other day the drums were missing in RB when I initially opened this same style. I'm working with RB 2010.5, as well as biab 2010.5. Thanks for any help.

Dan

RealBand
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
The more I play around in RB, the more it seems every RT style that I call a demo up for needs at least one real track regenerated because it was either not generated, or cut off quickly- usually just not generated at all, such as pedal steel or piano. A miscellanious midi track is always generated on a BB track too, which is weird.

Is anyone else having strange behavior similar to this using RB 2010.5? I'd sure like to get a concensous on whether this new version is working glitchy for just me, or it's buggy at the moment. Thanks.

Dan

RealBand
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
I haven't had that happen. Yet *grin*

But I think that the lack of response indicates that others have not had that happen either.

When the program seems to be doing buggy things, the first thing I try is a Return to Factory Settings. Since Realtracks is based on the Powertracks engine, I found out long ago that I can perform basically the same manual procedure to effect that Return to Factory Settings thus:

Quote:

RealBand uses the files listed below for configuration. If you want to restore RealBand to the factory settings, you can delete or rename these files. The next time you launch RealBand, new configuration files will be created. This can help solve or troubleshoot odd and unexplainable problems you are having with the program. The files are found in the root RealBand folder, usually C:\RealBand. Important: You must have RealBand closed when you do this.

We recommend renaming the files (rather than deleting them) or saving a copy of them somewhere else on your hard drive so that you have a backup of your old configuration. For example, you could rename realband.ini to realband.old. Later, if you find that you need to restore your previous settings, you can delete the new realband.ini file that RealBand will have created, and rename realband.old to realband.ini

Note: Some people have trouble finding the files because Windows hides file extensions. In any folder on your computer, go to the Tools menu and click on Folder Options, then click on the View tab and make sure 'Hide extensions for known file types' is unchecked. On Windows 98/ME, the Folder Options item is found under the View menu.

REALBAND.INI. This file contains most of the global RealBand settings, especially the settings in the Options | Preferences and Options | MIDI Devices dialogs. It also has a list of the most recently accessed song files.
RB.CFG. This file contains information about your sound card
The two files above contain most of your program settings; it is usually only necessary to delete those two files.

Certainly worth a try,

--Mac

RealBand
R
Apprentice
Apprentice
R
I posted a topic with the same problem as Dan is experiencing. In my case, RB2010.5 tries to generate Realtracks, then erases them leaving the last two bars and then proceeds to generate MIDI tracks. There are several different recent posts on this forum that are similar and all have been posted since the 2010.5's were released. Maybe PG can shed some light on this one?
Roy

RealBand
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
I think they should too. It seems buggy, frankly. I've been getting strange things like a RT disappering when I tweak a PG fx setting too.

I'm gonna try RB again this evening and see what's up, including restoring default settings. If I still have a problem, I'm gonna go back to biab and RB 2010. Although, biab is working perfectly at 2010.5. Only RB seems to be flipping out at 2010.5, for me anyway. You can manually regenerate RT's and get the project up to speed, no problem. But RB is having problems initially opening style demos for sure.

Dan

RealBand
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
"When the program seems to be doing buggy things, the first thing I try is a Return to Factory Settings."
What buggy things are you refering to? Something of this nature?

RealBand
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
I'm referring to *anything* that the program starts doing that it isn't supposed to do.

I'd say that about 80 to 90 percent of the time, this cures it.

If it doesn't, I've eliminated one more variable and am that much closer to declaring whatever is going on to be a bona fide BUG. However, I also feel that it takes more reports from at least several different users who can duplicate the bad action before I'm willing to go ahead and call it a BUG. I've been bitten by some weird action that only happened on my machine before. Those can be the hardest to solve IMO, so let's hope its not that.

--Mac

RealBand
Expert
Expert
Hi,

I too am seeing strange behavior with some RealTracks

Example : I have selected the style _DRUN_G and saved the responding file in Biab (no problems - all RealTracks generate correctly.

The tracks are :

RealTrack 518: Bass, Electric, Pop HalfNotes Ev 085 (on Bass track in Biab)

RealTrack 508: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Dire Ev 085 (on Piano track in Biab)

RealTrack 542: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Dreamy Ev 085 (on Guitar track in Biab)

RealTrack 362: Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 085 (on Strings track in Biab)

RealDrums-NashvilleEven8^5-HiHat,Ride (on Drum track in Biab)

When I open the saved Biab file in RealBand
I have noticed that :

The 518 Bass generates OK and places the track OK

The 508 Guitar generates OK and places the track OK

The 542 Guitar generates OK and places the track OK

Now the interesting thing:

When the 362 Guitar generates and places itself on the track The 508 Guitar track
(which has been generated and placed as Audio on the track) is deleted (it only leaves the count-in bars which are empty and places a midi track which corresponds to the Piano track in Biab onto track 3)

This is consistent even when using a different saved song with the same Style.

Anyone try this?

Regards
Michee

Last edited by George Nelson; 07/05/10 11:10 AM.

Windows 11 64 bit, Biab 2023 1006, Realband 2023 (1)
i7 Desktop Computer 16Gb Memory

RealBand
V
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
V
I have exactly the same problem as the previous posters in this thread so I think that there really is a serious problem in the 2010.5 version of one or both programs. Here is a description of my problem.

First, I load a demo song in Band in a box that uses only realtracks, no midi at all. I generate the tracks by chosing play and it plays fine. I then save it with another name. I load this song in Realband. The bass is in MIDI along with a guitar. The other guitar which should be a fuzzy electric becomes an acoustic guitar. The guitar track that should be a realtrack is there but completely empty. I then play the song which sounds completely different that the original in Band in a box. When I use Band in a box 2010 as the source, this problem does not happen. What gives? Any suggestions anyone? Thanks. By the way, I use Windows 7.

The instruments in the original BB file are All RealTracks: <Guitar, Electric, Rhythm HardRockLAFuzzySync Ev 120>, <Bass, Electric, HardRockLA Ev 120>, Pop Organ & Ac. Guitar. RockHardLA variation 1 RealDrums. I get a midi finger bass 34 instead of the Realbass and a midi guitar and bass. I hope that a patch is posted soon. Thanks.

Mike.

RealBand
V
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
V
I tried removing the two configuration files in Realband but it doesn't change anything. Hope the problem is solved soon. Thanks.
Mike.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
I believe it's the same issue that I posted in the other thread. The notation seems to be messing up the RTs. in this version for some reason.
It's been reported.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
RealBand
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hello,

Thank you for the reports. This issue is now fixed:

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_realband.htm#2010_5_2

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
This was fast, good work. I've seen this too but didn't bother reporting it since this thread was already here and I have my own issues.

Now, I can't help myself....

ANY news on the VST tempo lock problem??

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
RealBand
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thank you for a right quick fix!

Dan

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,662
Posts735,546
Members38,532
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Jeffrey thomas, skyanderson3, akbrpra, Benfil77, William L
38,532 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 173