Band-in-a-Box for Windows
L
lfu2 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
L
Hi guys, Biab 2010.5 Win 7.
Since re-installing Biab, the Dxi Direct render option will not record on one Wav file per track. I only get the comglomeration of the full number. I have checked all that I can think of, but to no avail. All the necc. boxes are ticked etc. Thanking you in anticipation.

LFU2

Veteran
Veteran
LFU2,

Under "OPT | PREFERENCES | MIDI DRIVER", have you VST/DXi activated? Below are my settings. (Note, if your Win 7 is 64 bit, you'll need to use the Coyote Wavetable where I have VSC/DXi.)

I've just had a look at the Support page and 2010.5 has an update to install Coyote Wavetable. I suggest you download that update. Here's the link.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#304

When BIAB is re-installed, it's returned to the build number of the original purchase and it's necessary to re-install the updates, too.

Hope this helps,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
L
lfu2 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
L
Hello again Noel96,

Everything is ticked as you've shown. I already have 'Coyote' installed, though not using it .I prefer the synths sounds of Cakewalk TTS-1. Having said that, I have tried all my dxi synths in order to overcome this problem but they all react the same way and Coyote Wavetable is no different. Biab version is below. I have re-applied all the updates.

Version 2010.5 (308)
Win7 64bit

Thank you for your time

LFU2

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Try going under the Options window and do a Return to Factory Settings...

--Mac

L
lfu2 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
L
Thanks for your help Mac, but it has not made any difference.
LFU2

Veteran
Veteran
LFU2,

Have you tried disabling Window's User Account Control under "Control Panel"? The computer needs rebooting after doing this. PG Music have some information on this if you scroll down to FAQ #100 at the following link.

http://www.pgmusic.com/techfaq28.htm

Thinking further about your issue has raised the following questions in my mind.

What driver are you using? (e.g. ASIO4ALL, ASIO, MME)?

Also, you mention "reinstalling BIAB". What was the reason for reinstalling? Was it playing up?

Lastly, have there been any other changes made to your computer system from when BIAB was running well to now when it is not?

Regards,
Noel

Last edited by Noel96; 01/30/12 02:58 PM.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
L
lfu2 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
L
Noel96,
I have had various problems since installing Win7. I have had to re-install windows on one occasion for a separate reason. Biab was playing up as well, (the subject of a previous post which you sorted... not picking up any soft synths), and I decided to wipe all my sound and music programmes and reinstall them. The main culprit was M/s visual redistributable 2005 which I eventually rectified. So in answer to your question... a lot of changes have been made to the system since Biab was running perfectly. I have also ran Biab as administrator.

User A/c has been disabled since I put Win7 on.
Driver is MME

LFU2

Veteran
Veteran
Hi again LFU2,

Just to clarify things...

When you say in your first post in this thread that,
Quote:

Since re-installing Biab, the Dxi Direct render option will not record on one Wav file per track. I only get the comglomeration of the full number.

Am I correct in interpreting this to mean ...

(a) When you use the DXi Direct Render, you cannot get individual wav files created for each BIAB track.

(b) The only file you get is a single audio file that is the entire mix playing.

For what it's worth, the below image shows my settings for the audio rendering process.

What might be worth a try is to save the file, using a different name, to a whole new directory. It might that previous files created by rendering attempts in the present directory are preventing a successful write. If you haven't done so already, it would also be worth checking a few BIAB song files to see if the problem is a general one or if it is specific to a single file. (I've found that once every now and then (rarely, though), a gremlin of some kind creeps into a file and prevents it from doing what it's supposed to.)

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
L
lfu2 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
L
Hello Noel96,

My 'render to audio file' window is the same as yours, except that I do not have the 'normalise' ticked.

(a) When you use the DXi Direct Render, you cannot get individual wav files created for each BIAB track.... This is exactly what is happening.

(b) The only file you get is a single audio file that is the entire mix playing...... .......This is all that I can get.
Obviously, if I solo each instrument in turn, I can render each one.... which is what I have been doing.

What might be worth a try is to save the file, using a different name, to a whole new directory. It might that previous files created by rendering attempts in the present directory are preventing a successful write....
I have changed the directory and tried the 'render' option on multiple files... it appears to be a general problem.
Thanking You for your help

LFU2

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Why not try using the Drag 'n Drop feature to yield separate tracks?

--Mac

L
lfu2 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
L
Hi Mac,
I haven't used drag & drop as yet, in fact I have just had a read of it in the tutorials and it may well work. I will have a play with it later to see if it is suitable for me. I do try to keep things fairly simple.
Thanks for your help
LFU2

Veteran
Veteran
lfu,

One last thought that I've noticed sometimes work when things play up. That's the "manual" version of a factory reset. To do this, close down BIAB, go to the BIAB directory, and delete the files intrface.bbw and MySetup.DK. Now start BIAB. This is the hard reset and will reset everything. If you want to play it safe, simply rename the files to something like intrface.bbw.old and MySetup.DK.old as that effectively stops BIAB recognizing them. Renaming will allow you to get then back if you want to.

Other than that ...

... I have no more ideas. It's time to call in the gurus! I suggest that you send PG Music Support an email with the URL of this thread so that they can read the problem and the solutions you've tried.

If you manage to solve it, please post what you did so that I can make a note of it in case it arises again for someone.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
L
lfu2 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
L
Noel96,
Latest.... I contacted my brother who has the same set-up as me and an identical computer. I asked him to mix down using DXi direct render and one wav file per track... the outcome is the same as me... only gets a single audio file of the entire mix.
I then installed Biab on to my laptop and did the same thing... it worked perfectly... all separate tracks. Apart from the obvious difference in desktop/laptop, my desktop uses Win7 Pro and laptop uses Win7 Home. I will be contacting PG Music and I will post up here when it is resolved; in the meantime thank you for your perserverance and help.
LFU2

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Hi Mac, I haven't used drag & drop as yet, in fact I have just had a read of it in the tutorials and it may well work. I will have a play with it later to see if it is suitable for me. I do try to keep things fairly simple.

Using D&D is the simple way to do this. You're assuming that doing it the way you're used to working is keeping it fairly simple, not so. There's always a very good reason for new enhancements and the first thing you should do is check those out and see if you like what they do. If D&D turns out to be exactly what you've been looking for then who cares about this issue?

All through this thread you've not given us any details concerning exactly what and why are you trying to do this plus any details of your system. You're leaving us to assume you want to put separate tracks into another DAW, assume you're system is powerful enough to run Win 7 in the first place, assume you have enough RAM, assume you're hard drive has enough free space, assume you keep it defragged, assume there's no interference with AV software, assume you understand MME and ASIO, etc. etc.

When someone has an issue like this it's very important to just open up and give us everything that could possibly be pertinent to their problem.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
L
lfu2 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
L
Hi Jazzmammal,
Well you've certainly put me in my place.

Spec....

Win 7 pro 64bit on 1TB HDD;
Win XP Pro on Separate 500GB HDD.
8 Gig Ram.
Audition 3.01 on XP
Audition 4 on Win7
Various soft synths
On board sound Realtek with up to date Win7 drivers.
Defrag and general housekeeping done weekly

Why am I trying to do this? It is the way I have worked for the last 4 years, and now it doesn't work. That does not mean that I am inflexible to change; more so the fact is that I would like to know what has gone wrong. I installed Win 7 in early December. Everything was fine and worked well until I had multiple Windows updates. After that Win 7 began to play up and Biab began not to recognise Dxi synths. I uninstalled all my music programs and did a repair install of Win 7. On reinstalling said music programs, I was able to load soft synths and I thought everything was fine until I tried to render on separate tracks to wav.
I record tracks separately from Biab, and load them in Audition... I then load effects on each separate track. This may not be the most effective way of working, but it is the way that I am comfortable with.
Hope this helps

LFU2

Veteran
Veteran
Hi LFU2. Good info.

I do not claim to know anything about rendering, since I use an external MIDI synth and a mixer. I also applaud your choice of Adobe Audition. I thought after version 3 it went to version CSS. I didn't know there was a version 4... But, no matter.

About your hardware, again others will know more, but it strikes me that the Realtek on-board sound is a weakness when compared with the rest of what you use.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
L
lfu2 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
L
Adendum to above post

Amd quad core... phenom x4
GeForce 8200 Chipset

A little bit about myself. I am now 66 years old, I honestly thought I would never live beyond 40. I played professional in my first band in 1957... I was 12 years old, rock and roll like it used to be... rough and ready. I gave up band work in 2001 due to the fact that running a band was getting like a business and I was losing interest in it, and all I really wanted to do was to turn up at a gig and plug in and play. That added to the fact that I had various problems with my wrists and tendons ( I played bass at the time). The end result was that I stopped playing live after 43 years. My musical tastes had changed dramatically and I now favoured the soft melodic numbers.... anyway that's by the bye.
I began writing music through Biab in 2002 and I have enjoyed the transition from playing live to composing.
So when I imply that I am probably getting stuck in my ways, it's simply because I am, probable, stuck in my ways!!!!

Hope this explains things a little more fully.
LFU2

L
lfu2 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
L
More addendum

I have recently stumbled across FabFilter Pro Q. What a marvellous piece of software... to be able to reduce the sub-sonic frequencies (or for that matter, any other frequency),of every and any instrument in the mix is incredible.
I originally used an external sound card/mixer, but since then I have cut down on all the equiptment that seemed to accumulate on my computer shelves so I am now down to the raw basics. The realtek replay is ok for what I want on my computer sound.

LFU2

Veteran
Veteran
In order for render to work, you have to allow the rendered file to be created in the same folder as the BiaB file. Wierd things happen is you set the renderater to deliver the file to a different folder.

Flatfoot sez: Call me when 'Talent-in-a-Box' is ready to ship! -- [8{>

Got some tunes on You Tube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/flatfoot50
My BiaB lesson site:
http://jdwolfe0.wixsite.com/learnbiab
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

In order for render to work, you have to allow the rendered file to be created in the same folder as the BiaB file. Wierd things happen is you set the renderater to deliver the file to a different folder.

I notice that a number of people have made a comment similar to the above in recent times. For the record, I'd just like to say that this has not been my experience. I do a great deal of rendering with BIAB using folders of my choice and it works flawlessly every time.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,889
Posts738,466
Members38,610
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
smokeybirdsept2679, Barry Thibault, jodanko, Palomeke, Allan Freihaut
38,610 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 166